U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-02-2009, 04:18 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,082,522 times
Augusta is bigger than Macon, it takes longer to drive through, it has a larger MSA than our CSA...and it has more true suburbs. Thats my take on it being from Macon.

BUT...I think what Newton is trying to say is......lets say someone is living in Macon and they feel Macon is too small for them...but do not want to move to a place as big as Atlanta, I dont think that person would move to an Augusta, Montgomery, Jackson, etc. .......while they are nocticeably larger......its not to the extent where it is an overwhelming difference. That person would probably want to look into somewhere like Birmingham.

Augusta is similar to Macon, just take Macon tack on 2 or 3 more exits worth of the same stuff and Bibb County is pretty much Richmond County.

as for Columbus, well, no one can even post as many interesting pics that show that you are remotely in some sort or urban environment, because Columbus just doesnt cut it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 07:32 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
6,159 posts, read 6,929,146 times
Since, some people are saying there is no big diffrence.

Why can't your city support a Hispanic or Greek Festival every year.

All the 2nd tier cities in 2009. Should have a large ice rink, indoor bmx/skateboard park, outdoor dirt bike/bmx park, & two outdoor skateboard parks.

All the 2nd tier cities should have a Scientology Church and a Buddhist Temple too.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:55 PM

400 posts, read 613,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Since, some people are saying there is no big diffrence.

Why can't your city support a Hispanic or Greek Festival every year.

All the 2nd tier cities in 2009. Should have a large ice rink, indoor bmx/skateboard park, outdoor dirt bike/bmx park, & two outdoor skateboard parks.

All the 2nd tier cities should have a Scientology Church and a Buddhist Temple too.
Those things still are not something that put it on another level, also The Macon coliseum is multi-used Faculty which can be used as a Ice Rink or hockey Games, Concerts, Foot Ball/Basket Ball games, Circus, Monster truck Challenges, Disney shows and Rodeos...

Old 08-02-2009, 08:58 PM

400 posts, read 613,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
What? I can't even dicipher that first sentence babbling about Charlotte, so I have no idea how to respond to that yerocal.

The rest of your argument is so flimsy, I can practically see through it.

You should probably just quit before you embarrass yourself any further. You aren't making any points that are verifiable. Posting links to proposed developments over and over again proves absolutely nothing to back up your ridiculous claim that MACON IS ON THE LEVEL OF AUGUSTA, in any way, shape or fashion.
tell me what level is Augusta because it sure it not on one that stands out any better than than others.....

Old 08-03-2009, 01:20 AM

543 posts, read 784,108 times
1) Our suburb counties can compete with Bibb County.
2) Macon stop growing, Augusta is still growing
3) World-class is how you describe our outdoor sporting events( ESPN Bass Fishing, International Mountain Bike Sumit, Masters, Thunder on the River)

Old 08-03-2009, 02:32 AM

yea augusta is bigger than Macon....but not to the extent that you guys are trying to make it now. Population wise.......Augusta-Richmond itself is growing no faster than Macon-Bibb, it has 2 booming suburban counties with large populations and Macon has 1, I'll give you that. I must say that both cities have nice projects going on around town that seem like it has both cities looking in the right direction. Most of population growth in both of these areas are going on in suburban counties. To say "Macon stop growing, Augusta is still growing" is an exaggeration.

Both Macon-Bibb and Augusta-Richmond have a neighboring county that has a population not too far off from its own, and using that same logic..the Augusta suburban county that can compete with Macon-Bibb....can also compete with Augusta-Richmond.

Yes those are nice outdoor events. Like I said Augusta is a little bit larger with a little bit more to offer, no need to exaggerate on some things to make it appear a ton more grand than Macon than it is though.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:11 AM

My mistake....Macon metro grew in population by 946. 2007-2008
Augusta-Richmond County metro grew in population by 5,906. 2007-2008
Columbus metro grew in population by 764. 2007-2008
Savannah metro grew in population by 5,046. 2007-2008

The 2007 Census Estimate showed a population of 199,992 for Richmond Co
A 2008 Department of Commerce Survey shows a population of 115,766 for Columbia Co
The 2007 Census Estimate showed a population of 21,551 for McDuffie Co
The 2007 Census Estimate showed a population of 22,754 for Burke Co
In 2005, the U.S. Census Bureau estimated that its population had reached 150,181 for Aiken Co
In 2005, theU.S. Census Bureau estimated that its population had reached 25,528 for Edgefield Co

The 2007 Census Estimate shows a population of 154,709 for Bibb Co
The 2007 Census Estimate showed a population of 27,229 for Jones Co
The 2007 Census Estimate showed a population of 25,145 for Monroe Co
The 2007 Census Estimate shows a population of 12,483 for Crawford Co
The 2007 Census Estimate showed a population of 25,672 Peach Co.

Its either Augusta has 5 booming suburbs or Macon has none by your standards.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:42 AM

^these are facts, not none of that my city feels this way and that way crap.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:17 AM

Hot Mike, you said Augusta was growing faster than Macon, and I said the cities themselves are not really growing any faster than each other. Next, you post surrounding counties and leave out Houston County for Macon? lol

You can get from Elberta Rd. in Warner Robins in Macon-Bibb in about 5 mins.....so dont tell me its a completely separate area....unless you are willing to do the same for those cities in Aiken County, SC that are actually closer to Columbia than Augusta.

When I said Augusta has 2 booming suburban counties and Macon has 1....I also said "booming suburban counties with large populations".....I was talking about the ones over 100,000.

to be technical, Jones and Monroe County have shown significant growths along with Houston. Jones by around 14% and Monroe by 12% since 2000....I wouldnt say thats "no" growth.

Again, Augusta is larger than Macon, but no need to exaggerate or show bias in your comments to make it out to be more of difference than it really is.

Last edited by King_X; 08-03-2009 at 11:31 AM..

Old 08-03-2009, 11:32 AM

Im sorry I didnt mean to leave out Houston Co. but when I looked Macon metropolitan area it wasnt listed. Honest mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia