U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 04:38 PM

119 posts, read 778,115 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Georgia in about five weeks from Utah. What do you love about living there???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 05:02 PM

151 posts, read 743,117 times
The weather is pretty good most of the year. Milder winter than northern states. Milder summers than the southwestern states.

Mountains in the northern part of the state, coast to the east.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:29 PM

1,372 posts, read 4,832,436 times
I am like kwiley I like the climate

Old 04-23-2007, 06:26 AM

8,862 posts, read 14,850,932 times
Thumbs up 'Progressive Attitude'

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake73 View Post
We're moving to Georgia in about five weeks from Utah. What do you love about living there???
Georgia does have a comfortable climate but the most important thing to me is to live among the 'Open minded' and those who require a high quality of life.

The natural resources/environment is pleasant--not as 'Spectacular' as the Rocky Mts and California coast but the Appalachian Trail starts in the Smoky Mts of North Georgia and the coastal area--'The Golden Isles' is 'Good Enough' ---the Atlantic Ocean is not the Pacific--not something the Beach Boys would have written songs about --LOL--it is an ocean and we have some nice lakes...

Which part of GA have you chosen? The entire state is growing and unless you are headed to the Fort Stewart area --close to the FL line and pretty much 'in the middle of nowhere'--you should enjoy your stay.

Most people who have lived in metro Atlanta want to go further out--less hectic and there are some great areas north, south, east and west not far from the epicenter that is Atlanta.

One more thing--if it is very important to you to be able to buy alcohol on Sunday----you may have to 'Wait'--we are still considering this piece of legislation--there are small things like that that upset some transplants ---LOL. I don't care about that myself. shrug--

LOL--At least in most parts of GA --if you have need of a ''Sex Toy" you can buy one without fear of arrest---in neighboring Alabama that is a big issue--can't say why--Alabama is strange about some things--but not a bad 'Neighbor'.

Moderation, Wisdom and Justice--that is the state motto--something like that at least.

sls

Old 04-23-2007, 09:01 AM

9,188 posts, read 30,249,222 times
Quote:
What do you love about living there???
It's not New Jersey.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:22 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,805,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
It's not New Jersey.
Hey....that's not right.......lol

Actually, we're heading to Canton from NJ in July, so I know where you're coming from.

Bob

Old 04-23-2007, 09:44 AM

1,418 posts, read 9,372,272 times
Well, I pretty much love the North Georgia Mountains; don't much care for Atlanta, and find South Georgia fine enough.

What I love about North Georgia is that the people are friendly, believe in God, but are not flakey - like out in California, New Jersey, lots of Florida, and other real liberal states. The mountains are lush with thick green foliage, large trees, streams, and an abundance of life! I like the peace, quiet, solitude and seclusion that I can find up there. I like playing in the fresh streams and rivers. Good fishing, too. People still know how to ride and care for horses up there. I just happen to think it's one of the prettiest places on earth.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:08 PM

1,078 posts, read 3,500,132 times
Although I do not live there now, I can tell you I loved the people, lots of Southern Hospitality, nothing is better than good old southern cooking, the history, shopping, Savannah, and St Simon's Island. I loved the unpredictable weather, thunder showers in the middle of the day and crab soup, crab cakes...oh yeah, I already mentioned the food

Old 06-02-2007, 05:05 PM

2 posts, read 10,303 times
Default Best Climate - Southern Hospitality

Quote:
Hi Snowflake,

We rarely have snow & ice. The winters are mild, and though the summers can get hot, it isn't unbearable. There are few very hot days. Granted, we have had some tornadoes, they aren't nearly as bad as most states. And no earthquakes except a rumble twice in my whole life.

The people are nice and friendly. Ga. is the best state in the U.S.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:27 PM

40 posts, read 187,371 times
Things to love - small town south and the mom/pop unique shops in the small towns, great BBQ, fried catfish, boiled peanuts (Southern caviar), southern expressions, rolling fields early in the morning and at dusk, our one-stop shopping at a local gas station where you can fill up your tank, buy your bait, and get great fried chicken and biscuits, down home folks, the fragrance of tea olive blooming in the late winter and gardenia in the summer. Yep, love it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or