Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:07 PM

104 posts, read 520,009 times

Advertisements

How much I love it here!!!

We just relocated to Gwinnett County from Williamsburg, VA. I spent nearly a year researching the area online, made 2 trips to the area in the past 6 months, and finally made the move 4 weeks ago today.

Georgia is just beautiful. The parks are great, there is an abundance of family oriented things to do, the shopping is awesome, and dog gone it, the people are beyond nice!

I just wanted to let others know that might be considering a move here that I recommend it! I spent so much time on here reading all the threads and trying to get a feel for the area. I found myself second guessing the move qutie a bit after reading up on some of the posts. Now I know that it really was the sour/ bitter types that were bad mouthing this place.

We're a family of 6 and couldn't be happier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 11:48 PM

11 posts, read 37,524 times
Well, my husband and I are in the same position. We have read a number of posts and asked ourselves, do we really want to move to Georgia. Thank you for your positive and reassuring response. Best of luck to you!!

Old 04-30-2007, 05:42 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,609,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffani View Post

I just wanted to let others know that might be considering a move here that I recommend it! I spent so much time on here reading all the threads and trying to get a feel for the area. I found myself second guessing the move qutie a bit after reading up on some of the posts. Now I know that it really was the sour/ bitter types that were bad mouthing this place.

I am so glad you are happy -- clearly so are 5 million other people. I think a tremendous amount of satisfaction comes from where you moved from. For people who are unhappy where they are, for whatever reason, it is easier to be happier somewhere else. For many people, the cost of living is a big plus for them and overrides some of the negatives.

For those of us that have lived here a long time, Atlanta has changed in a very negative way. When I purchased my home 15 years ago, I could turn out of my subdivision very easily. There weren't 50 trailers at the three local elementary schools.

Are your kids in school? I wonder what you think of the schools? That is one area where out of towners generally have to adjust.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:22 AM

539 posts, read 2,095,500 times
Default Thank you

Tiffani,

I am so glad to hear that you have made a satisfying move! My husband has taken the job in Georgia and we will be moving soon! My stomach is in knots but I know in my heart that it will be the best for my family. I love to hear success stories like yours! This forum has been such a tremendous help to me thanks to people like yourself and of course the wonderful people of Georgia who share their knowledge on this forum! I would suggest it to anyone looking to relocate.

Best wishes!

Old 04-30-2007, 07:08 AM

17 posts, read 49,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffani View Post

We just relocated to Gwinnett County from Williamsburg, VA. I spent nearly a year researching the area online, made 2 trips to the area in the past 6 months, and finally made the move 4 weeks ago today.

Georgia is just beautiful. The parks are great, there is an abundance of family oriented things to do, the shopping is awesome, and dog gone it, the people are beyond nice!

I am glad to see that there is someone else from Virginia that feel the same way that I do about Georgia (Gwinnett). I lived there for a little under a year then we had to move back to Virginia and my husband and I can't stand it. Tiffani, could you possibly inform me if you transferred through your job, or you found another or if you are a stay at home mom? I am asking because we are so DESPERATLY trying to move back.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:29 AM

88 posts, read 490,277 times
Tiffani,

I am so happy to read your positive post. I am keeping myself excited about hte move and welcome all the positive experiences. It is true that the forum can get you down, but the law of attraction says that when you think happy and think positive, well you attract all that back to you.

Some family members are not understanding our move to GA, because we have so much support in South Florida (family and friends). What I am thinking is actually not to stop in Fl long enough so that I don't get depressed. Because, it is true I do have an infinite number of family and friends in FL. We also have 5 investment properties that we are trying to sell because of the high taxes and high cost of living.

The only drawback is that if we have to fly to the caribbean (as I know we will), it will take us on extra plane ticket per person and too much time......

The trip from Florida is only 1 hour and a half.........

BUT.....I cannot wait to move to GA.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:52 AM

612 posts, read 2,771,261 times
We just moved from Florida last year and couldn't be happier either!

Old 04-30-2007, 10:52 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,199,585 times
wow this is awesome I am so happy that there are so many of you pleased with our beautiful city tell all your friends because with over 105,000 homes for sale in the Greater Atlanta area today there is room for more. Then you can have the great area and your friends and family too lol

Old 04-30-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroule View Post
Tiffani,

I am so happy to read your positive post. I am keeping myself excited about hte move and welcome all the positive experiences. It is true that the forum can get you down, but the law of attraction says that when you think happy and think positive, well you attract all that back to you.

I most definitely have to agree with that part. You think positive you will meet nothing but positive. People also have to do their own research. You can never fully go by what someone else says.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
wow this is awesome I am so happy that there are so many of you pleased with our beautiful city tell all your friends because with over 105,000 homes for sale in the Greater Atlanta area today there is room for more. Then you can have the great area and your friends and family too lol
I am ready. Just having a heck of a time finding a pemanent position. I am ready to move right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: