U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 07:48 AM

2 posts, read 14,612 times

Advertisements

I Am From South Florida. Looking To Go To The Northeast Part Of Georgia. Any Suggestions On Any Small,safe Towns Would Be Much
Appreciated. I Have Lived In South Florida All My Life And Watched It Grow Out Of Control. I Miss The Small Town Feel And Would Like
To Find A Small Town To Raise My 2 Children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 08:48 AM

8,862 posts, read 8,900,671 times
Default How far NE do you want to go?

To the east of Atlanta--Snellville, Loganville, Winder, Athens

also--Lawrenceville, Dacula, Buford, Suwanee, Cumming, Duluth, Flowery Branch, Gainesville, Braselton and Commerce

Most of these areas are growth oriented and stable.

Further up --Toccoa, Lavonia, Hartwell are nice areas

You can research these places in the city-data files and you can find their websites. I use Google.

If you can--come and visit.
sls

Old 05-06-2007, 08:52 AM

158 posts, read 515,411 times
You should check out Thomson Ga in east central georgia i would say its more in the northeast part of the state somewhat

Old 05-06-2007, 10:03 AM

523 posts, read 2,124,910 times
We just got back from Mitchell, Millledgeville, gibson area. Very small community off interstate 75 about 28 miles. Milllegeville has a mall, but Mitchell only has convenience store, We drove to Gibson about 10mins away to eat at small family food place, no food otherwise. they do have walmart in Millledgeville.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:21 PM
rdw

20 posts, read 68,166 times
Howdy. My friend is moving from Milledgeville. They're white skinned, and her son is the only one in his class. She's not prejudiced against other skin or hair colors, but she thinks it's not good for the kids to be such a minority, and she wants some mixing of ppl.
The other thing is the heat there, but from Fla., you're used to that.
North Ga. (above the knat line) is more expensive than south and middle(like milledgeville, middle), but has nice mountains and small towns. I've seen some inexpensive properties in Toccoa, I guess cause it's further from Atlanta. Blue Ridge and Dahlonega, and Dawsonville, now have interstate that makes them an hour from Atlanta, and are bedroom communities for the wealthier city folk, so the prices have gone up lots in last few years, but the school systems are improving for the same reasons.
I'd live in Suches if I could afford it, if I had small children, but the Walmart is 20 minutes away. Walmarts in the other towns I mentioned. College in Dahlonega. Prettiest place to me is the NC side of Ga; Rabun county. Also expensive compared to south Ga., but just beautiful.
Good luck to you.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:30 AM

2 posts, read 14,612 times
Hey Ya'll. Thanks For The Suggestions. I Will Definately Check Out Your Suggestions. I Have Been Looking A Little, On The City Data
Website For Small Towns. Anyone Heard Any Good Or Bad Feedback About Clarksville, Cleveland, And Dahlonega? Thanks Again!

Old 05-07-2007, 06:56 AM

8,862 posts, read 8,900,671 times
Default You can 'Search' this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTREEGRL View Post
Hey Ya'll. Thanks For The Suggestions. I Will Definately Check Out Your Suggestions. I Have Been Looking A Little, On The City Data
Website For Small Towns. Anyone Heard Any Good Or Bad Feedback About Clarksville, Cleveland, And Dahlonega? Thanks Again!

Click on 'Search' at the top of the page --Enter Keywords you want to find--
any discussions will be located.
~~

Cleveland GA
http://www.whitecounty.com/

Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 AM

2,350 posts, read 7,430,995 times
Another you might want to check out is Chickamauga. We went to a local festival there last weekend and met a woman who moved there from Atlanta. She absolutely loved the area and the schools and DID call it Mayberry . It's just about 30 minutes out of Chattanooga.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:51 PM

75 posts, read 264,087 times
Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTREEGRL View Post
I Am From South Florida. Looking To Go To The Northeast Part Of Georgia. Any Suggestions On Any Small,safe Towns Would Be Much
Appreciated. I Have Lived In South Florida All My Life And Watched It Grow Out Of Control. I Miss The Small Town Feel And Would Like
To Find A Small Town To Raise My 2 Children.
Try Dallas, its a great community just nw of atlanta in paulding county

Old 05-13-2007, 01:40 PM

75 posts, read 220,423 times
Add the city of Grayson to your list!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia