U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:56 PM

201 posts, read 769,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadinethehowlingdemocrat View Post
Affluent black people live where they can afford to live. Just be careful to select a real estate agent who will steer you away from any community that is in you price range.

Success is finding a need and filling it. If you are an affluent black person, I would think that you would want to live in a black community that need role models and take pride in knowing that presence and community involvment made in difference in the lives of many. Should you do this and get others to do the same, I promise you, the run down houses and the blight that plaque our community would cease to exist, because all that is needed is for those of us who know about code enforecement, or can assist children with homework, etc to go back and give back and we will be richer for it because we will effect the change of perception about our community.

You are not an affluent black person just because you can afford to live next door to white people, you are an affluent black person when white people want to live next door to you.
Love your philosophy!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 09:03 AM

825 posts, read 2,025,630 times
<< I would think that you would want to live in a black community that need role models and take pride in knowing that presence and community involvment made in difference in the lives of many.>>
Or the Original Poster can move to the affluent area they are looking for, and spend time volunteering. Moving into a neighborhood with the intention of being a role model is a nice idea, but its not for everyone.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:25 AM

20 posts, read 71,874 times
Anywhere but Cobb, Gwinnett, and Henry Co. should be sufficent. Stay along the Metro ATL line...College Park is a nice town.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:05 PM

726 posts, read 2,371,848 times
Affluent black people live where they choose to live

Old 07-19-2007, 10:22 PM

7 posts, read 24,266 times
Atlanta is for you definitely. You can get information from a website that will fill in a bunch of stuff when I type it but just type in access (atl).com and you can even view the Journal Constitution from that site. (Spell out the word Atlanta.) Now I will put it in and you will see what all gets added...lol

accessatlanta.com
ok it didn't do it that time! Good luck and come on down.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:58 PM

218 posts, read 833,090 times
There are also parts of Fairburn (Fayette County Fairburn near Evander Holyfield's House), and Fayetteville (where many African-American Celebrities live) that are also home to affluent African-Americans (particularly the subdivisions along Hwy 279 or better known as Evander Holyfield Hwy). Country Lake is one of them, but there are quite a few. And you're in Fayette County, so you are getting great schools.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:07 AM

201 posts, read 769,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn2412 View Post
Anywhere but Cobb, Gwinnett, and Henry Co. should be sufficent. Stay along the Metro ATL line...College Park is a nice town.
When you say "anywhere but Cobb, Gwinnett, and Henry Co.", what makes these counties (according to your opinion) ones to avoid. I will be checking out Gwinnett next week as a prospective place to live (Lawrenceville). If you would be so kind, could you give me some clarity of your reply?

Old 07-21-2007, 02:49 AM

160 posts, read 391,826 times
I posted something in the Atlanta forum about south Fulton county, but don't have any repsonses yet. Someone brought up a point to me that although the area is great and booming now, the resale may be tough b/c it's African-American. There aren't alot of areas with little traffic to downtown where you can still live in a subdivision. That made me widen my search a bit, but the only thing I come up with is northern Decatur. Does anyone have resale experience they could share on SW?

Old 07-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Noc

728 posts, read 1,130,345 times
If you live in these affluent areas such as parts of Fairburn and areas west down I20 can the shopping match that of Lenox mall and around the Sandy Spings and Buckhead area?

I've visited ATL last week and staying in Buckhead and toured the Northside and all we saw were shops after shops after shops up Roswell Rd NE. We loved it. Do these other area have these amenities or are these area just homes and you have to drive a great distance for decent shopping?

Old 07-24-2007, 03:24 PM

84 posts, read 250,187 times
Atlanta is such a racially diverse city, that the "affluent" can live whereever they want to. Even though the original poster DID mention "black" in the post, I'm going to list my favorite areas regardless....

1. Dunwoody & Perimeter area
2. Sandy Springs
3. Duluth
4. Roswell/Alpharetta
5. East Cobb county
6. Marietta
7. Lilburn

...and of course, for the VERY affluent,...Buckhead!

I'm certain that original poster's family would be welcome in any of the areas listed above. Welcome to Atlanta!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia