U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 07:34 PM

4 posts, read 10,851 times

Advertisements

Have lived in Fla for 24 years and have always loved it, but it has become not so great with hurricanes, increasing insurance rates, too much traffic, not enough roads to handle it. We are considering Ga. Where are the best places to live that have a small downtown area, parks for walking, convenient to shopping for groceries. Don't mind driving a distance for other types of shopping. We are looking at north and east of Atlanta. How far do we need to live in order to avoid high traffic areas. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 04:36 PM

137 posts, read 390,791 times
Elojay, ga is a good place.

Its a very countryish sort of place about 1-2 hours north o fteh Atlanta metro area (depending on how fast you drive).

Elojay is very quite, little traffic, outside the blast zone, and near the Ettowa tribal burial mounds.

Its a beautiful place. Some relatives of mine just built a place up there to retire! there are also parks in the nearby towns( all the towns up there "hug" each other they are so close, yet feel a world apart! its wonderful!)

One of the best steak joints I can think of is up there too! When I remember the name I'll let you know!;-)

Old 06-21-2007, 05:10 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,838,142 times
Smile One of my favorites

NE
Hartwell/Lavonia and surrounding area
Hartwell, - Hart County, Georgia

Old 06-21-2007, 06:14 PM
GP2

81 posts, read 959,566 times
Monroe county Georgia...Convenient to everything!

Old 06-21-2007, 07:33 PM

Location: I live in Dekalb county in the Dunwoody area just outside of 285
18 posts, read 71,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsmom View Post
Have lived in Fla for 24 years and have always loved it, but it has become not so great with hurricanes, increasing insurance rates, too much traffic, not enough roads to handle it. We are considering Ga. Where are the best places to live that have a small downtown area, parks for walking, convenient to shopping for groceries. Don't mind driving a distance for other types of shopping. We are looking at north and east of Atlanta. How far do we need to live in order to avoid high traffic areas. Thanks for your help.
it depends on where you will be working and what your price range is. There are a lot of the towns where they either have or will be rejuvenating the downtown area. Like Roswell, or Alpharetta in Fulton, or Grayson, Norcross or Lawrenceville in Gwinnett, there is also Marietta. They have redone the town squares and are building neighborhoods all around them.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:24 AM

138 posts, read 555,840 times
Canton, Woodstock, Buford, Lawenceville, Dacula, Cumming, Ball Ground. They all have at least some traffic but not as bad as living around the perimeter. And you get a lot more for your money in the outer suburbs, not to mention some of them being close to lakes, mountains, nature etc.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:29 PM

165 posts, read 600,594 times
I can tell you this I also live in Fl and moving to Ga .I was in Cumming ,Woodstock Roswell oh and Canton last summer I think it was a WONDERFUL AREA I LOVED GREAT SKY .BUT when I go back up in aug I 'll looking at Bridgemill my realtor lives there .soooooooo I'm excited .What a difference My friend lives in cumming and love it.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:54 PM

138 posts, read 555,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by info please View Post
I can tell you this I also live in Fl and moving to Ga .I was in Cumming ,Woodstock Roswell oh and Canton last summer I think it was a WONDERFUL AREA I LOVED GREAT SKY .BUT when I go back up in aug I 'll looking at Bridgemill my realtor lives there .soooooooo I'm excited .What a difference My friend lives in cumming and love it.
We are about to move to Bridgemill and I can't WAIT.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:02 AM

162 posts, read 474,976 times
We are relocating from Miami FL and after considering Buford we bought in Auburn Ga which is between Athens and Atlanta. We are very excited to pay $500 for wind storm vs $6000. Good luck

Old 06-25-2007, 04:08 PM

169 posts, read 470,019 times
We like living in Alpharetta. Everything is convenient. Driving into Atlanta is about 1/2 hour non rush hour.

Last edited by Jomaark; 06-25-2007 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: add word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or