Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 08:26 AM

13 posts, read 12,513 times

Advertisements

check your email! It should be there now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2006, 08:55 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,653,487 times
We bought a place in Fayetteville Ga which is right next to Peachtree City. We're also from south Fla on the west coast. I sold my house btw in paddock park I a few years ago on the east coast.

Any Italian grocery stores in Atlanta or hopefully nearer to us??

Old 07-29-2006, 12:33 PM

22 posts, read 94,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddfan
Hi! We moved from Wellington - a small town west of W.P.B. We wanted a town similar to Wellington, and Cumming seems to fit the bill. We actually did find excellent bagels down there, in Royal Ralm Beach - Boy do we miss them! Are you moving here soon? We came here about 6 weeks ago and went out with a realtor and found Cumming. Hopefully we can sell soon but renting gives us the opportunity to shop around and see what's for sale in the area. We like what we see!!!

Hi - I was reading the posts here trying to find out more information about the area and noticed you moved up there from Wellington. We are currently living in Wellington and seriously considering moving to the area. We were interested in Cumming but have seen some new communities which look beautiful in the Acworth area (Bentwater & Bentwater at Winding Creek). We have 4 children so the schools are very important. Which area do you think has schools that compare to Wellington (or are better)? Also, how flexible are the sellers with the prices on their homes? Are they getting asking or is there room for negotiation? I appreciate any feedback you have! Thanks!

Old 07-29-2006, 02:17 PM

894 posts, read 4,348,545 times
I am going up to GA from Broward county next weekend. I really can't help much, but if you need the name of a good realtor to pick her brain, just Private Message me. SHe's been great and we are not even there yet. Spent 3 hours on the phone with us on Wednesday....

Old 07-29-2006, 02:41 PM

22 posts, read 94,227 times
Thanks Ready! What area are you looking in up there?

Old 07-29-2006, 04:56 PM

Hi iamcrzymom! Wow - you're from Wellington too! Well, my daughter went to Binks - we did not live in that development - we were zoned for Well. El. , but we loved that school. We are finding that the Cumming area is so up and coming - new homes from the low 200's to 1 million, all with swimming and tennis facilities. The hills are beautiful, and although it does not look like Wellington, it is very appealing. The schools are top rated, there's lots of shopping nearby - all the same stores that are in Royal Palm on 441, and the people are very friendly. THere are more upscale stores and restaurants not far away, but this area (being so new and upscale) will soon have those things too!l We have only been here for a short time but so far so good. We still have to sell our house in Wellington, so we are renting in a beautiful apt. community. When are you planning a visit?

Old 07-29-2006, 05:13 PM

56 posts, read 301,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddfan
We are new to Cumming - from S. Florida,and originally from N.J. and Boston. We are looking for some opinions on good pizza or bagels like we're used to...Please don't tell me Publix or DiGiornos!!!
LOL well the only good bagels ( not like the ones in NY or Baltimore I used to get but close) Einstien Bros and Atlanta Bread company will do okay. Baked fresh a couple times a day. Pizza theres one place down in Atlanta, can't remember the name but its really good NY style, Uh the one Franchise NY Johnies Pizza was the best around town for me. Hope you like GA, I can't wait to get back!!!! ( in the Caribbean for Medschool)

Old 07-29-2006, 05:20 PM

Thanks southernguyGA! We will definately check out NY Johnnie's pizza - I passed by Uncle Vitos on Rt 20 recently - thought we'd try that too! How long did you live in Cumming? Did you go to public school here? How do the locals feel about all the newcomers? Thanks!!!

Old 07-29-2006, 06:12 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,177 times
Sal's Pizzeria in downtown Cumming is DELICIOUS!!!
Also Ray's NY Pizza is VERY GOOD, although that is in Alpharetta off 400 on exit 12.

I think both are by far better than Johnny's Pizza.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:22 PM

Thank you INGA!! I am so happy that people who know Cumming can answer my pizza/bagel question!! I have only been here for a short time but I wasn't sure if there were even any Italian,Jewish, or somewhat ethnic people here - I guess there must be if there's decent pizza to be found. What do you think??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia