Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 08:16 PM

13 posts, read 12,392 times

Advertisements

We are new to Cumming - from S. Florida,and originally from N.J. and Boston. We are looking for some opinions on good pizza or bagels like we're used to...Please don't tell me Publix or DiGiornos!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 08:50 PM

53 posts, read 274,874 times
Hello

I don't have your info, but I was wondering how you like Cumming? I am moving to North Georgia and have heard good things about Vickery. Do you find the house prices to be expensive? Happy Housewarming!

Old 07-27-2006, 06:58 AM

Hi! Well, we just got here about a week ago, and we are renting till our house sells. So far so good though. It has been a bit of a culture shock since we came from an area that was filled with mostly people from the Northeast, like ourselves. But we did move here for several reasons - first, a better job opp. for my husband, better home prices than S. Fla. and the homes are beautiful, no hurricanes, and just a lower cost of living. The schools are better than Fl. also. We have met SO many nice people, and from what we gather, there are more and more Floridians, and Northeasterners moving to Cumming daily. So, maybe the pizzas and bagels will follow.

Where are you moving from? Do you have kids? Have you looked at any neighborhoods in the area? Thanks for replying!

Old 07-27-2006, 07:03 AM

894 posts, read 4,339,754 times
ddfan,

where in S. Fl did you come from? I live in Cooper City and are coming up next week to check out the area.

BTW, where did you find good bagels in Fl?

Old 07-27-2006, 07:09 AM

Hi! We moved from Wellington - a small town west of W.P.B. We wanted a town similar to Wellington, and Cumming seems to fit the bill. We actually did find excellent bagels down there, in Royal Ralm Beach - Boy do we miss them! Are you moving here soon? We came here about 6 weeks ago and went out with a realtor and found Cumming. Hopefully we can sell soon but renting gives us the opportunity to shop around and see what's for sale in the area. We like what we see!!!

Old 07-27-2006, 07:21 AM

Wellington is nice! We have one bagel/deli around us that has great bagels. I am originally from CT, so I know what you are talking about with the bagels and pizza.

We are in a situation where we don't have to move, just want to....We just became empty nesters and I don't have to tell you about the cost of living down here. We are just coming up to see if we even like the area and then take it from there!

Old 07-27-2006, 07:33 AM

It's very different here - landscape, home designs, people, compared to S. Fla. But it's a refreshing change to see those things and to have the opportunity to live more comfortably. We stayed in Suwanee when we looked here and our realtor took us all around the Suwanee/Cumming area. Now that we are here, we are finding are way around and getting used to things. It's an adventure. By the way, in the new home communities, we have seen a true mix in ages - I was surprised because in Fl. you tend to see retirees who choose to live in communities without a mix of ages - I havent seen any 55+ communities.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:38 AM

ddfan,

check your pm

Old 07-27-2006, 07:58 AM

I checked it - hope you got my reply - I'm new to this and not sure about PM- ing!!!

Old 07-27-2006, 08:04 AM

ddfan,

nope, didn't get it, when you click on ready2move, it should say, send a PM. I am sending you a new PM with my e-mail address.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia