U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-26-2007, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,815 times
Thumbs up Moving from Australia

G'day mate. Hi Im about to move (next month or so) to the paulding country area from Australia because my partner has just received a teaching job in the area. We are very excited as we have never been to this area before (first trip to the states for my partner) we are however, not married and therefore, for visa qualification for me to also come over, I need to find a job in the area that is specifically related to my degree (marketing and information systems).

Can anyone offer me any suggestions as to:
- good employment search engines, or well known marketing firms
- time it will take to drive into Atlanta if we are living out near Dallas
- Any other information that will help in me finding a professional job.

We are just so excited to be coming over and having our first semi-white christmas.

Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 12:10 AM

9,116 posts, read 20,830,067 times
You may want to check out the paulding specific boards at Paulding.com FASTREAD as it's specifically set up and used by folks in that area who may be able to give you some leads.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:45 AM

283 posts, read 810,389 times
Default Good jobs in your field

Immediate hire available with good to great pay based on experience. Company is Bellsouth but they recently bought out AT&T so jobs are found at att.jobs & at https://bellsouth.taleo.net/servlets...sNo=10161&sp=1. Many others can be found that may be closer to where you need them to be, but this is a great company to work for and getting hired is a breeze if you have half a brain. Good luck and who knows I might even end up working with you sometime next year. Depends on contract and re-enlistment opportunities with the Navy.

Last edited by pickleswanson; 05-27-2007 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: left out word

Old 05-30-2007, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,315 times
according to google maps, dallas, ga is 37.7 miles to atlanta, ga. That is a long way to drive in atlanta traffic. Traffic around and thru atlanta backs up for hours at the slightest problem (driver w/flat tire). I would advise to find something closer to home. It would be best to contact the city of dallas, by website and go to the chamber of commerce to see what businesses are there, then choose one to contact regarding jobs. Also try AJC.com for jobs. This site is from the Atlanta Journal and Constitution. That's Atlanta's #1 newspaper. Greetings from Stockbridge, Ga. (19 mi. south of Atlanta) hope you find Ga. to your liking. I've lived here my entire lifetime, 50 years in July.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia