Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 05:58 PM

63 posts, read 193,629 times

Advertisements

Will be visiting GA in August as part of my relocation process. I would like to read what people have to say when it comes to cities/areas. My family consist of a group of five, myself the wife and three young children. As a Hispanic family we seek a diverse setting with low crime and decent schools. So what city do you think fits us best?

Atlanta (Metro Areas)
Augusta
Columbus
Macon
Savannah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 06:33 PM

242 posts, read 594,343 times
Columbia County in the Augusta area or the country land of South Richmond County. Not much to do except Clark Hill Lake.
Savannah, GA to have good access to the beach as an attraction for your children. Can't really think of many other things to do.
Atlanta-- The most things to do are here. The thing you'd be dealing with though is the downtown traffic which gets old fast.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:19 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,921,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl14 View Post
Columbia County in the Augusta area or the country land of South Richmond County. Not much to do except Clark Hill Lake.
Savannah, GA to have good access to the beach as an attraction for your children. Can't really think of many other things to do.
Atlanta-- The most things to do are here. The thing you'd be dealing with though is the downtown traffic which gets old fast.
Really?? You can't think of anything besides the beach for Savannah!? Hmm...

Well, you've got the country's largest historic district with a vibrant riverfront and other areas such as Forsyth Park and City Market. Lots of history. Forts such as Jackson and Pulaski. Lighthouses. Food. Plantations. Etc...

There is more to Georgia than Atlanta.
I'm sure the others will chime in with their thoughts on Augusta, Macon, Columbus and even Athens and Valdosta.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:04 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,398,324 times
IIRC, Gwinnett County/metro Atlanta area is now the most diverse county in the state. Lawrenceville might be worth consideration.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:28 AM

594 posts, read 3,429,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saname81 View Post
Will be visiting GA in August as part of my relocation process. I would like to read what people have to say when it comes to cities/areas. My family consist of a group of five, myself the wife and three young children. As a Hispanic family we seek a diverse setting with low crime and decent schools. So what city do you think fits us best?

Atlanta (Metro Areas)
Augusta
Columbus
Macon
Savannah
In my opinion your best place would be columbus or savannah.I think atlanta would be such a hassle for you to deal with because of the traffic.If you dont want to have to deal with traffic problems and commute times to work or home then I would pick columbus because columbus is a median sized perfect city for anyone to live and columbus doesn't have bad traffic eithier.Even during rush hour columbus roads and highways are still dead with hardly no traffic still.And another thing commute times in columbus are not that long too.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:26 AM

242 posts, read 594,343 times
Atlanta is a hassle....especially downtown. I DON'T live there. I live in Augusta. There isn't much to do here except for, say Adventure Landing and Fort Discovery when it reopens.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:46 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,064,368 times
somewhere in metro ATL, mainly certain towns in Gwinnett and Cobb Counties.
Lets just be honest here, there's really nothing diverse about Augusta, Macon, Columbus or Savannah...all about 50/50 black/white splits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia