U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-23-2010, 09:36 PM

55 posts, read 156,392 times
Question Peachtree city - Senoia - Fayetteville - Tyrone - Newnan

To all in the know....
Can you tell me regarding PeachTree City, GA -
What stores are in the area (is there a target ? walmart ? costco ? what about malls ? what is there in the line of grocery stores ? Any natural health food organic places similar to Whole Foods ? Is there a Starbucks ?, Jamba Juice ?, What about good restaurants ?)
Any movie theatre there ?
What other activities, things to do are there (that kids would like)?
Is soccer a big sport there or not ? My 15 yr. old is majorly into this...
What about acting classes or anything dealing with movie making/directing ?

I also wondered regarding the other towns in close vicinity to Peachtree city - Senoia, Newnan, Tyrone, Fayetteville.....how do these compare with peachtree city ? Do they have more in the line of shopping, or things to do ? Do they also have the golf cart thing/paths there ? Can one drive their golf cart lets say from peachtree city to fayetteville or senoia ? Not sure how it works - where these paths actually go, and how established are they ? Are they paved roads or gravel, dirt ?

Do you agree with the findings on Moderator cut: link removed -- it states that violent crime and property crime are both a 1 (on a scale of 10 being the worst) so basically there is no crime according to what I see - would you say that is true ?

Are the people quite friendly there ?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide on all these questions !

Last edited by Yac; 06-30-2010 at 06:32 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 AM

44 posts, read 63,031 times
Parts of Senoia and Fayetteville are also on the Preachtree City golf cart paths. You cannot compare Newnan or Tyrone with the other 3 in regard to schools, safety etc. The only thing Newnan has over them is shopping - huge huge strip malls going on for miles.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 8,567 times
Default Peachtree City Ga Info

I am writing to comment on a recent visit to explore PTC. I live in MA and saw an article about the city last year that enticed me to do some research on it and then get obsessed about it. I finally made it out this April. I got lucky and connected with an awesome real estate agent, Stephen Curcio, from Coldwell Banker Bullard Realty. (I hope I can list his name) He took us around via golf cart through all the neighborhoods, shopping centers and parks.

I went down there with my best friend who came with me to talk me out of moving south and she ended up loving the place and is now looking for a home in PTC.

Loved the beautiful paths and cannot wait to be biking on them with my children. The parks are very family oriented and the activities for children; gymnastics, swimming, music lessons, etc. are all within a mile---unlike where I live now (everything is at least 1/2 hour away). When I was down there --first week of April spring was in bloom and the temp. reflected a spring day.

The aforementioned agent also makes a video for out-of-towners/staters like me who would like to see PTC before they make the trip out there. It is an excellent video and gives a ton of info. about the area. His website is Stephan Curcio at Georgia MLS and he will send you one for free---you can't beat that.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:06 AM

565 posts, read 1,083,254 times
Peachtree City - doesn't have the following -
1. Malls - ( has the Avenue , nice classy "strip mall" )
2 .Costco - The nearest one is up in Morrow.(BJ's which is some what similar (imo) is about 17 miles away in Newnan* *there will be a Sam's Club at Fischer's Crossing when it is completed in the fall and that will be just a few miles away from the PTCY limits.
3. . Movie theaters * - Fischer's Crossing is supposed to have a mega complex when it is completed.
4.Whole Foods -
5.Jumba juice

Peachtree City -does have the following
1. Target
2. Walmart
3.Starbucks (4) of them. 2 are located in stores , 2 are free standing units. ( 1 is the largest in the chain and super nice )
4.If these are anything like Jumba Juice (?) - Peachtree City does have Planet Smoothie and Smoothie King.

Last edited by go falcons; 05-13-2010 at 04:07 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-16-2010, 01:16 AM

8,050 posts, read 5,862,906 times
"IS SOCCER A BIG SPORT THERE OR NOT?" It's HUGE!!! The two high schools that serve Peachtree City, McIntosh and Starrs Mill, just played each other in the state boys championship Friday night -- in front of a crowd of 8,000 fans. And Saturday night, the Starrs Mill girls played county rival Whitewater High for the girls state championship in Fayetteville. I don't think it gets any BIGGER than that!

Old 05-16-2010, 09:08 AM

Georgia is an active moving making state and the governor just made it even more so with further tax incentives/credits for film companies to film here in Georgia ( Thank you Sonny !!).
" Drop Dead Diva " is one series currently filming here in Peachtree City and there are a few other projects (movies/tv ) about to start or are in developement to be shot here or nearby .. Newnan , Senoia .
Senoia is nearby and there is a production studio located there.
I also know that Fincannon and associates have put up an office here . They are a casting company with a very good reputation of work through out the southeast.

Last edited by go falcons; 05-16-2010 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-17-2010, 08:51 AM

42 posts, read 72,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactthelees View Post
Parts of Senoia and Fayetteville are also on the Preachtree City golf cart paths. You cannot compare Newnan or Tyrone with the other 3 in regard to schools, safety etc. The only thing Newnan has over them is shopping - huge huge strip malls going on for miles.

This is actually a serious mis-characterization of Newnan. I've spent several months living in both Newnan and PTC.

What Newnan has the PTC does NOT have is a preserved, historic town square. Newnan also has one of the largest numbers of anti-bellum houses in the South. Check it out: Newnan, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does it connect to the golf cart paths? No. But living near the square in downtown Newnan (a square that has several good restaurants, a bookstore, coffee shop, etc) means MUCH greater walkability.

I would not rule Newnan out -- I think you would also be able to get a larger home in Newnan than PTC for the same price.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 AM

13 posts, read 41,605 times
I am also moving to the area within the next year. I have been looking at all of the neighborhoods and haven't really figured out where I want to live. My situation is that my husband will have to work in PTC and I will have to commute to GSU in Atlanta. I'm trying to find somewhere where the commute will be reasonable for both of us. I visited over the winter and loved PTC, however I do not like the fact that there is no historic areas. This in fact, seems to be missing from most of the surrounding area. I found the town of Palmetto charming because I found an older house there and at least it seems to have a downtown area (this is based on what I saw on line, I did not visit yet). I've also heard good things about Newnan. Preferably, I would like to live in a small town, I'm not a fan of all these cheap cookie-cutter new-builds popping up everywhere and especially in the suburbs. Also, good schools and a safe area is very important. And, lastly, an equal commute between PTC and Atlanta is a priority. It's making me nervous to hear all of these negative post about the whole state of Georgia. Does anyone have any recommendations between the three cities; PTC, Newnan and Palmetto? Like I said, PTC was nice and I think I could deal with living in the boonies, since it has trails (I like to think of me as an urban outdoors-woman, I love the outdoors (running, hiking, water-activities, but I like to live around people) but how long is the commute, would you recommend it?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:09 AM

13 posts, read 41,605 times
Brooklynlove- I just followed your link and also checked out the official website, it seems like a nice town, and more what I was looking for. How would the commute be to Atlanta and how are the schools, I see that they have a private school...Heritage something. The town looks abosolutely gorgeous! Please give me more info!

Old 05-18-2010, 03:34 PM

You need to check out Senoia as well. It is an absolutely charming old town with beautiful older homes all through out the town.Many of them dating to the turn of the century and older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia