U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 04:22 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,081,237 times

Advertisements

Any news on the Bond Building development?

601 Bond | Michigan Construction News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 05:09 PM

2,932 posts, read 2,112,068 times
It sounds like it's gone through the permit process. But I haven't heard or seen anything about actual movement on the site.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:13 PM

Demolition crew gets riverfront site ready for 5-story apartment tower | MLive.com

This apartment project in North Monroe Right on the river was proposed by Orion a while back. It has quietly gotten underway with the demolition of the office building on the site. 32 market rate apartments.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:59 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,081,237 times
$63.5M apartment and office towers unveiled for downtown parking lot | MLive.com

$63.5M apartment and office towers unveiled for downtown parking lot

Old 02-18-2017, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republic of Michigan View Post
$63.5M apartment and office towers unveiled for downtown parking lot | MLive.com

$63.5M apartment and office towers unveiled for downtown parking lot
No more apartments for this project. Orion has changed the plans to include a Hyatt Place hotel in place of the apartments. The overall exterior will remain largely unchanged. I was downtown yesterday and it looked like they were doing site work.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:46 PM

Downtown's long-vacant Keeler Building eyed for low-income housing | MLive.com

Keeler building possibly redeveloped into LIHTC. This might not be a bad deal, the other LIHTC projects are pretty respectable. Unlike section 8 LIHTC can have some standards and policies on who they accept.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:07 PM

I thought I'd do a run down of where things are since this thread was first started. Update the first list Magellan added a couple years ago. Man even in the last couple of years the changes are crazy.

Quote:
) 616 doing the new project on Michigan St and Union -Complete
) 616 doing the project on Monroe Avenue in the building where Metal Arts Studio used to be, next to BoardwalkComplete
) Rockford is doing one right now on the West Side on SewardComplete
) 616 doing a project with the old Hyatt owned warehouse on Alabama AveComplete
) Orion doing the twin projects on Wealthy just West of EastownComplete
) Cherry St Capital doing dual projects at Cherry and Eastern (SW and SE corners)Not sure if this one went through
) 240 Ionia is getting close to wrapping upComplete
) Klingman's Lofts by the downtown market (income restricted)Complete
) Division and Fulton by the JA building, mix of income restricted/market rateUnder construction, topped out and exterior going almost finished
) Rockford const doing Morton HouseComplete
) Cherry St Capital doing a project at Seward and Lake Michigan DrUnder Construction
) Belknap Lookout neighborhood at Coit and Hastings, mixed use project with apartmentsDone or almost done
Here's a list of ones that are not mentioned, feel free to add the ones I miss

-Barley Flats (Rockford project on Bridge next to the massive New Holland tap room.) -Almost finished
-Orion Development at Fulton and Carlton. -Almost finished
-Proposed 42 story Apartments/Hilton Hotel by Hinman at Fulton and Ionia. (They were doing some kind of drilling on the site, I don't know if it will go vertical or not.)
-240 Market St (Big developement, officially under construction)
-Warner Tower/Hyatt Hotel 2 Towers-same development. (Proposed- drilling work being done at this site as well.)
-Westside superblock (Mixed use several buildings proposed by Rockford one LIHTC by ICCF including an urban format Meijer store-Proposed by Rockford which means it will likely get built. I've yet to see Rockford propose something that didn't come to fruition.)
-1059 Wealthy (Mixed use Office fronting wealthy, residential units behind-Under construction)
-Orion 35ish unit development on N. Monroe on the river(Ground cleared, that's it)
-Venue Tower (Orion project attached to 20 Monroe Live-under construction, topped out, exterior mostly complete)
-Several Condo projects proposed in Belknap, I can't remember them all.

There's a bunch i'm missing...

Old 03-09-2017, 08:20 PM

8,456 posts, read 15,383,181 times
New apartment complex starting on the Beltline near 3 mile. Wisconsin based Continental Properties, their first project in Michigan.

Springs at Knapp's Crossing

Old 03-11-2017, 11:44 PM

1,305 posts, read 1,487,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
I thought I'd do a run down of where things are since this thread was first started. Update the first list Magellan added a couple years ago. Man even in the last couple of years the changes are crazy.

Here's a list of ones that are not mentioned, feel free to add the ones I miss

-Barley Flats (Rockford project on Bridge next to the massive New Holland tap room.) -Almost finished
-Orion Development at Fulton and Carlton. -Almost finished
-Proposed 42 story Apartments/Hilton Hotel by Hinman at Fulton and Ionia. (They were doing some kind of drilling on the site, I don't know if it will go vertical or not.)
-240 Market St (Big developement, officially under construction)
-Warner Tower/Hyatt Hotel 2 Towers-same development. (Proposed- drilling work being done at this site as well.)
-Westside superblock (Mixed use several buildings proposed by Rockford one LIHTC by ICCF including an urban format Meijer store-Proposed by Rockford which means it will likely get built. I've yet to see Rockford propose something that didn't come to fruition.)
-1059 Wealthy (Mixed use Office fronting wealthy, residential units behind-Under construction)
-Orion 35ish unit development on N. Monroe on the river(Ground cleared, that's it)
-Venue Tower (Orion project attached to 20 Monroe Live-under construction, topped out, exterior mostly complete)
-Several Condo projects proposed in Belknap, I can't remember them all.

There's a bunch i'm missing...
Very, very, very impressive.

What is the Beltline?

Old 03-12-2017, 10:26 AM

76 posts, read 69,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usroute10 View Post
What is the Beltline?
In this case he is referring to the East Beltline aka highway M-44. A long time ago in pre-expressway days, the state designated three bypass highways as "beltways" around what was then the outskirts of Grand Rapids. Except for old timers, the East Beltline is the only one still generally called a beltline, hence the dropping of the prefix. The other two were/are 28th Street (South Beltline), and Wilson (West Beltline.) The name of the well-known Beltline Bar “home of the wet burrito” at the corner of Division and 28th is a remnant from when 28th Street was more popularly known as the South Beltline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area