Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 01:48 AM

83 posts, read 65,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartz2 View Post
Just look at what all the poeple who deny things are getting bad are appx 6 months behind the news. When some one says that we are going into a recession they say, things are not that bad, then the numbers come out and they still deny, I listened to limbaugh this afternoon and he was still saying that the economy was strong even with the job loss numbers. I guess that some people will just never get it.
Yeah we have few rush limbaughs here.It`s like hearing to the foreign minister of Saddam goverment who was saying that there was no single american troops on their soil,while american troops had taken all of baghdad.You always gonna have these kind of people because they have a vested interest.It is clear now where this country is going and why our state was hit so hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 06:57 AM

2 posts, read 7,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRETI View Post
Yeah we have few rush limbaughs here.It`s like hearing to the foreign minister of Saddam goverment who was saying that there was no single american troops on their soil,while american troops had taken all of baghdad.You always gonna have these kind of people because they have a vested interest.It is clear now where this country is going and why our state was hit so hard.
I love the analogy to Saddam's spokes person, I forgot that we had tanks 3 blocks away, and he was standing in front of the news cameras saying "amercians? I see no americans? do you see americans?"

LOL it is just like so many people here who look or refuse to look at all the down turn news.

We now have a neg. job growth, we have a down turn in wage growth, we have unemployment jumping, we have a dollar that is dropping against all major currencys, we have companys shutting down every month, Home depot just cut 500 jobs, whorpool just shut down a factory in Tennessee and one in mexico, Gas is throught the roof, last year we as a nation spent 144 billion more dollars for gas, It is a huge drain and this is not even the driving season. Find the half full tank here.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:10 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,207,193 times
HEY, I liked Baghdad Bob! I hear he is selling cars in Syria.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:37 PM

79 posts, read 417,352 times
Ferreti,
The Fed rate is connected to short term rates. Did you even read the article that was posted? That is like saying McDonalds should lower the price on fries because beef got cheaper.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 AM

2 posts, read 3,284 times
Default home sales

You are correct. Just because the fed drops the rate does not translate to a drop in your home rate.
It will not help the problem in Michigan. If you have no money to pay your morg. if they gave you int. free money you still can not pay your bill. The only thing to help is to break the mind set of stuborn people and move the price of a home down across the nation, if you sell for less in Michigan, then you can take your money and buy the same home in another state. What is the diff. if you sell high and buy high or sell low and buy low. The big problem comes when Michigan homes are selling for less and dropping and homes in many other states are selling for more than they did last year.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:04 AM

30,702 posts, read 79,379,373 times
the bottom line is that no one even knows where the market is right now and no one has any clue where it is going in the next six months. The market declined massively. Some think it may have hit bottom in Michigan. We have been in decline for two or three years. It certainly has not hit bottom in the formerly "hot" market areas in other states like CA.

Not enough is selling right now to tell where the market is or where it is going. People are scared and no one is buying. I suspect that at the first sign of recovery, there will be a surge of buying because so many people are waiting to see where the bottom is but they want to buy while it is still low. If it looks like prices start to go back up, the people who are wiating now, will hurry to buy in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area