Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2018, 02:36 PM

41 posts, read 77,746 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone....I could really use some help. We are moving from out of state in May. We ultimately will purchase a home but we need a rental, short term, until we find a house to buy. I am limited because we have a dog on the restricted breeds list, Akita. So far I have found 2 apts that will allow him. Spring Brook Flats and TimberRidge Apts. Can anyone tell me anything good or bad about these apartments or the area please?We have 2 young girls and safety and peace and quiet are priority for us. I realize apartments are going to be noisy regardless! I don't think I will be able to make a trip there and will be arranging all this online so when we arrive will be the first time we will see it in person. We have no family there. Does anyone know of any other rentals that might allow that breed? I am flexible and am willing to live 30 minutes away from town if it's the right place for us. Dog can't walk up stairs either, he is very old and has bad hips,and no, leaving him behind is not an option, he is a family member. Our monthly rental budget is about 1700. Thank you so much!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 05:36 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,065,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspadella11352 View Post
Hello everyone....I could really use some help. We are moving from out of state in May. We ultimately will purchase a home but we need a rental, short term, until we find a house to buy. I am limited because we have a dog on the restricted breeds list, Akita. So far I have found 2 apts that will allow him. Spring Brook Flats and TimberRidge Apts. Can anyone tell me anything good or bad about these apartments or the area please?We have 2 young girls and safety and peace and quiet are priority for us. I realize apartments are going to be noisy regardless! I don't think I will be able to make a trip there and will be arranging all this online so when we arrive will be the first time we will see it in person. We have no family there. Does anyone know of any other rentals that might allow that breed? I am flexible and am willing to live 30 minutes away from town if it's the right place for us. Dog can't walk up stairs either, he is very old and has bad hips,and no, leaving him behind is not an option, he is a family member. Our monthly rental budget is about 1700. Thank you so much!!!
Timber Ridge is a decent apartment community, in a safe suburban part of Wyoming. You should feel perfectly safe there as it's gated anyway. It is also positioned on 44th St a short drive from the amenities around Rivertown mall so running errands should be convenient. The biggest drawback will probably be traffic in and out of the complex. If you haven't looked into Ramblewood or Woodlake they might accept them, they are about a mile further down 44th from Timber Ridge. They have some unique floor plans, but IMO have some questionable business practices that are a bit shady. For instance they don't advertise a big utility charge they add to rent every month, and they charge for parking spots which is ridiculous.

Your other option would be to see what's on the Craigslist market as the GR area tends to have a lot of options available(single family) there as well.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:52 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Zillow has a rental page:

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_rent/

Old 04-01-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Timber Ridge is a decent apartment community, in a safe suburban part of Wyoming. You should feel perfectly safe there as it's gated anyway. It is also positioned on 44th St a short drive from the amenities around Rivertown mall so running errands should be convenient. The biggest drawback will probably be traffic in and out of the complex. If you haven't looked into Ramblewood or Woodlake they might accept them, they are about a mile further down 44th from Timber Ridge. They have some unique floor plans, but IMO have some questionable business practices that are a bit shady. For instance they don't advertise a big utility charge they add to rent every month, and they charge for parking spots which is ridiculous.

Your other option would be to see what's on the Craigslist market as the GR area tends to have a lot of options available(single family) there as well.
Thank you, I had a feeling that TimberRidge was better than the other one. Thank you very much for checking, I will keep searching so we can have a few more options.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Zillow has a rental page:

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_rent/
Awesome, thank you!!

Old 04-02-2018, 02:37 PM

What about Eastown area? There is a home for rent there. Google Street view is questionable.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:57 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspadella11352 View Post
What about Eastown area? There is a home for rent there. Google Street view is questionable.
What's the address? Eastown generally speaking is pretty safe.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:11 AM

I will message it to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
View detailed profiles of: