Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:44 PM

2 posts, read 4,348 times

Advertisements

Have you looked in the Heritage Hill area at all? It's in downtown GR, lots of big old houses, many of them broken up into apartments. My husband and I rented here while he was in med school, moved away and just moved back a year and a half ago. We love it! It's a nice mix of students, families, empty nesters, etc. Some of the houses are "owner occupied" so your landlord is right there and it's within walking distance to lots of cool restaurants, coffee shops, etc. With it being older homes, you get more "character" than you'd get in a complex and there are certainly many landlords willing to take pets if the tenant is responsible.
They have a listing of available apartments/homes online. I believe it's updated weekly.
[url=http://www.heritagehillweb.org/]Heritage Hill Neighborhood Association, Grand Rapids, Michigan[/url]
Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 08:17 PM

28 posts, read 59,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigirl View Post
Have you looked in the Heritage Hill area at all? It's in downtown GR, lots of big old houses, many of them broken up into apartments. My husband and I rented here while he was in med school, moved away and just moved back a year and a half ago. We love it! It's a nice mix of students, families, empty nesters, etc. Some of the houses are "owner occupied" so your landlord is right there and it's within walking distance to lots of cool restaurants, coffee shops, etc. With it being older homes, you get more "character" than you'd get in a complex and there are certainly many landlords willing to take pets if the tenant is responsible.
They have a listing of available apartments/homes online. I believe it's updated weekly.
Heritage Hill Neighborhood Association, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Hope that helps.
I do appreciate the older style homes, however I'm more into the modern homes. Thanks though

Old 05-05-2008, 09:09 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,267,458 times
Ramblewood south and north are not very far apart at all. I lived in Ramblewood south about five years ago and really liked it. It has a heavily wooded setting and they allowed dogs, if that matters to you one way or another. Their maintenance department was really quick and professional in addressing issues.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 PM

I like ramblewood when I visited there. I found that the studio wouldn't fit all my things. I need some kind of storage area.

I'd have to drive 131 miles a week to and from work. So if I had to pay more for a one bedroom, plus the added distance from work. I would be paying more than some other places, that are closer to work.

I'm transferring to be a trucker. So an indoor pool is very tempting so I can get in some low impact exercise

Old 05-11-2008, 02:01 PM

Well, it ended up being between two places, what with some places being closed on saturday and some not having anything available.

Foote Hills Estates, and Eastland. Both had the same rent. They were the same distance from work.

Foote Hills Estates only had there medium sized one bedroom available, which is just an ugly layout. The kitchen is part of the living room, so basically that took up one of the walls. I really like that place as a whole, but just couldn't stand the way it was set up.

I ended up choosing the loft layout at Eastland. Maybe when my lease is almost up at Eastland, I can see if foote hills estates has any standard one bedrooms.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:08 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,773,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggles603 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm transferring from the Flint area, to the Grand Rapids area for work. More specifically Kentwood.

I'm very nervous as this will also be my first move from home.

I'm having trouble finding an apartment. I did look at Ramblewood in Wyoming, and Eastland in Kentwood, which would only be 10 minutes from work. Or about 2gal of gas a week

Does anybody know anything about these? As of now I am leaning more towards a loft at Eastland.

I would like to find an apartment in a good area. I did contact Cascade Village, but they didn't have any one bedrooms and there two bedrooms are too much. Caledonia estates didn't allow pets.

I'm would like to head back out there one more time to tour some more apartments. Any suggestions?
Try Woodland Creek or River Oaks, both on separate sections of East Paris Avenue. Also, I would stay away from any of the complexes within walking distance of Woodland Mall.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:56 AM

Both of those were out of my price range. I'm only starting out as part time. Maybe when I can get full time, I'll upgrade
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area