U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 03:11 PM

13,773 posts, read 33,001,155 times

Advertisements

The potty training story reminded me of the time we had guest over for dinner, non of whom had children. My daughter was about 2 and had gone to use the potty(chair) All the guest were seated at the table and starting to eat dinner, when here she comes with the potty cup part to show everyone she had gone potty (yep.. number 2). Of course, I got up and ushered her out of the room with 'that's a good girl', but my guest sure didn't eat very much that night..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 03:21 PM

28,227 posts, read 19,213,228 times
Many years ago when my niece was about 3 (now 30) my sister had her in a store right before Christmas. She was a beautiful angelic looking child-well a little old lady stopped them and said "Oh I just know Santa's going to be good to you." To which my niece replied "no cause I say ---k all the time". My sister turned purple and left the store-as the lady was still standing in shock.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:38 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,465,817 times
I have many but one I find so humourous is about getting lost. We were driving over to the Children's Museum, and I was chatting with then 2-year old who was sitting in the back seat in her chair, when I said, "we are lost."

Months, months later, nearly a year later, we were looking for a shoe store in a totally strange area (during a wet wedding rather than a dry one) and as we were driving she said, "are we lost again?"

I said, no and we both laughed as if we were the same age.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:47 PM

7,728 posts, read 10,813,696 times
When my son was small he told me Gods name was Harold. I asked him where he got that idea, and he replied "You Know Mom, Our Father who's arts in heaven, HAROLD be thy name!"

Old 12-02-2007, 04:03 PM

They all tickle me, but this one had me laughing aloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
When my son was small he told me Gods name was Harold. I asked him where he got that idea, and he replied "You Know Mom, Our Father who's arts in heaven, HAROLD be thy name!"

Old 12-02-2007, 10:18 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,011,407 times
My husband sings in the car all the time and the youngest granddaughter was singing a song he had been singing a few days earlier--- I remember the day that the Lord saved me, all of glory came down I was happy and free. Glory filled my soul with diamonds and gold. I cracked up. She is the one that prays for paw paw to get some fat off his belly.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:33 PM

24 posts, read 82,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Oh, how adorable. And sooooo funny! Thanks for the chuckle-can't sleep but at least I'm laughing!

Old 12-03-2007, 07:42 AM

13,773 posts, read 33,001,155 times
We went to the Flea Market with my 2 grandsons right around Thanksgiving. When we pulled into the FM it was packed and I made a comment 'Looks like the snowbirds are here' about that time the youngest (about 6yo) said 'Look Paw paw here comes 2 more' We looked and he was pointing to 2 seagulls flying overhead.

Another day, I picked the boys up to spend the weekend with us. My husband usually picked them up after work, but this time I had the pleasure. On the way home, my grandson asked if we were going to beat Paw paw home. I said 'Maybe', he then said well 'let's take a haircut home' instead of shortcut.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:45 AM

I might have to use the "haircut home," Keeper. I always get lost on the shortcuts.

Terrific!

Old 12-03-2007, 08:01 AM

13,459 posts, read 21,202,746 times
We lived far out in the country until a couple of years ago and 5 of the grandchildren were mostly living with us..One summer day I was sweeping the porch and had had a particularly bad day so far and was just not happy..I looked up and saw 4 year old Michael coming across the yard. He saw me and broke into a big beautiful grin..He had a wilting bouquet of wildflowers and weeds in his hand..I was so touched by his little act of love that tears came to my eyes..I reached out for them and said "Oh, Michael, how sweet to bring mamaw flowers," His little hand tightened into a deathgrip on those flowers and he looked me straight in the eye and said "Well ,you got a quarter? They are for sale"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents