Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 08:47 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner4484 View Post
A little more info. I am 69 and my husband close to that. My oldest is 49. His wife was running around on him and boo-hooed when he caught on. They tried counseling but she liked playing around more. She spent every dime he made and then some. When she left she took all the money and left him with major debt. He is working a part time job that is almost full time but they don't want him to have benefits so it's just under the 40 hours. It's been tough but we helped him by buying him a used car and let him come over a couple times a week to do wash. We are very tight and though I would love to help I feel we have helped him enough before. I will use my social security to pay for a room if necessary, but my husband deserves his peace and quiet. He went to court but couldn't afford a lawyer except for advice. She cried to the judge and got the child support payments cut by 2/3.
No offense, but are you sure your son is being absolutely truthful with you? How many times and in what ways have you helped him before?

He was in the courtroom at the courthouse when the judge reduced her child support payments, wasn't he? . He was right there. Why didn't he file a petition against her for non payment of child support? You don't need a lawyer to do that. Something is not right here. I don't think you're getting the whole story.. or maybe we aren't..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 06:39 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner4484 View Post
A little more info. I am 69 and my husband close to that. My oldest is 49. His wife was running around on him and boo-hooed when he caught on. They tried counseling but she liked playing around more. She spent every dime he made and then some. When she left she took all the money and left him with major debt. He is working a part time job that is almost full time but they don't want him to have benefits so it's just under the 40 hours. It's been tough but we helped him by buying him a used car and let him come over a couple times a week to do wash. We are very tight and though I would love to help I feel we have helped him enough before. I will use my social security to pay for a room if necessary, but my husband deserves his peace and quiet. He went to court but couldn't afford a lawyer except for advice. She cried to the judge and got the child support payments cut by 2/3.
Your son is in these predicaments precisely because you have always bailed him out in the past and are still willing to do it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents