Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 08:14 PM

102 posts, read 54,365 times

Advertisements

I do understand Aspect. They could have disagreed with you in a kinder manner.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:18 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Yeah, I can believe it..It is hard to know a posters motives when they post since we are all strangers..I just try to cut everyone a little slack..I saw that you were young, trying to survive on your own and go to school and are having a rough time meeting your rent..It is tough out there for a kid who is pretty much on their own..I can imagine your hurt when your Gramma refused to let you stay with her for awhile..Personally, I am glad you got mad instead of going into a deep depression and ..Getting mad gets you to goingGetting depressed gets you nothing

Old 05-21-2008, 08:21 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
I am headed out to Texas. I am giving it a 2nd chance. I believe at this point Miami is not the place I should continue to put up with.
Head on out, I think you will enjoy yourself. Many many opportunities await those that are ready willing and able to jump on em...good luck to you UA

Old 05-21-2008, 08:36 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,754 times
Your Grandmother dosen't want you at her house and your friend finds an excuse not to have you as well. It's you. These people know you and don't want you on the premises. It's you.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:20 PM

464 posts, read 1,360,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Your Grandmother dosen't want you at her house and your friend finds an excuse not to have you as well. It's you. These people know you and don't want you on the premises. It's you.
No it's not me, and as far as I'm concerned we dont know EACH OTHER because the invlovement or DESIRE to be involved is MINIMAL!

My friend made the excuse because its really his mom that he stays with, and she is the one that had the finally say.

The BOTTOM LINE is that they dont want to share their space, and like I said, I dont give a damn because I made another option. They are afraid I'm going to move in forever and they dont want to share space.

Well, I wish not to share my friendship/relationship either. True colors show when going gets rough. Talk,laugh,play...but when things go awry...It all changes.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:21 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
one smart grandma. i hear attitude in your post guy. welcome to the adult world
US Army is taking applications. my favorite career pick is RN. learn to avoid student loans.
learn to say, how can i do it, instead of you owe me.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 05-21-2008 at 11:31 PM..

Old 05-22-2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
one smart grandma. i hear attitude in your post guy. welcome to the adult world
US Army is taking applications. my favorite career pick is RN. learn to avoid student loans.
learn to say, how can i do it, instead of you owe me.
I didnt say that....How about you give me a loan? How about you join the army as well.

Better yet...You didnt read the post and you automatically assume I'm asking for a handout. Get real.

To turn away family isnt adult, its selfish. I bet if I posted this comment in some other countries they'd be horrrified.

Its an AMERICAN ADULT WORLD. All about me me me me. got a problem? solve it yourself dont come to me. That's why the quality is going down more and more. And I wouldnt dare sign up for war or anything dealing with it. So dont insult me with that option

Old 05-22-2008, 12:35 AM

335 posts, read 1,028,771 times
Well I think there may be many reasons why your grandmother may feel the way she does. I do not exactly agree with her 40 yr old son living there whjen it is actually he who should be living on his own and have his "stuff" together! And then by imposing on your grandmother yet again by having his daughter come and stay there also? When in reality he should be providing a home for his daughter.
I commend you for being on your own at nineteen and having a job since you were 14 and the fact that you are going to college. These are great things you are doing for yourself and on your own. Do not let some of the posters get you down, only you know what you have accomplished. And remember you are still very young and at your age and even older everybody goes through hard times and this is what is great about family, you should be able to count on them, I am only sad that this is not the case with you.
It is not uncommon for children to live at home while they are attending college or stay in apartments while their parents assist them with rent I have had many friends whom parents thought education was more important than having a job and letting the grades slip. I personally lived on my own but then again I married young and put myself through college and worked but it was a dual income situation alot easier to pay the bills when you have someone to help.
On a more serious note, have you asked your grandmother as to the real reason why? I do not see the point here or maybe I am missing it because what I see is that is okay for her adult child to live with her when he has the ability to live on his own and she is willing to accept her sons child yet you are being told no? Try speaking to her again and do not get defensive just tell her how you feel.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
Well I think there may be many reasons why your grandmother may feel the way she does. I do not exactly agree with her 40 yr old son living there whjen it is actually he who should be living on his own and have his "stuff" together! And then by imposing on your grandmother yet again by having his daughter come and stay there also? When in reality he should be providing a home for his daughter.
I commend you for being on your own at nineteen and having a job since you were 14 and the fact that you are going to college. These are great things you are doing for yourself and on your own. Do not let some of the posters get you down, only you know what you have accomplished. And remember you are still very young and at your age and even older everybody goes through hard times and this is what is great about family, you should be able to count on them, I am only sad that this is not the case with you.
It is not uncommon for children to live at home while they are attending college or stay in apartments while their parents assist them with rent I have had many friends whom parents thought education was more important than having a job and letting the grades slip. I personally lived on my own but then again I married young and put myself through college and worked but it was a dual income situation alot easier to pay the bills when you have someone to help.
On a more serious note, have you asked your grandmother as to the real reason why? I do not see the point here or maybe I am missing it because what I see is that is okay for her adult child to live with her when he has the ability to live on his own and she is willing to accept her sons child yet you are being told no? Try speaking to her again and do not get defensive just tell her how you feel.
Thankyou for your support....

But that is the only reason.

Her answer/reason was "he (her son) has all of his stuff here and his daughter is coming over to spend the summer. the extra room we have, even though she is just 7 years old, she will need that whole entire room all for herself. It will just be too crowded. Besides we are going on vacation soon anyway. Don't you have friends to stay with? Or maybe you can just drop all of your classes. I know you said you'll pay me but I dont even care about the money. I know I have a 3 bedroom and it'll only be 4 people here, but The answer is no; its just not a good time right now."

Makes me want to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition...MY mother babysat HIS daughter nearly everyday for 3 months and she eventually had to cancel because they werent paying her anymore! Its OK for his daughter to stay but it's not Ok for me. You see how it's 1 sided?

Last edited by UrbaneAspects; 05-22-2008 at 01:25 AM..

Old 05-22-2008, 01:22 AM

335 posts, read 1,028,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
Thankyou for your support....

But that is the only reason.

Her answer/reason was "he (her son) has all of his stuff here and his daughter is coming over to spend the summer. the extra room we have, even though she is just 7 years old, she will need that whole entire room all for herself. It will just be too crowded. Besides we are going on vacation soon anyway. Don't you have friends to stay with? Or maybe you can just drop all of your classes. I know you said you'll pay me but I dont even care about the money. I know I have a 3 bedroom and it'll only be 4 people here, but The answer is no; its just not a good time right now."

Makes me want to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sorry that is very sad. You are not even allowed the couch?
My mother would have never dreamed of suggesting that we drop out of college let alone tell one of her children no! My grandparents either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents