U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 06:54 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,282,928 times

Advertisements

I just spent the day with Bailey, my 2 1/2 year old grand daughter. We went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. We had such a great day together. They had some great areas for pre-schoolers. There were places to climb, water play areas, sand play areas, tunnels to crawl through, costumes to put on, paper to color and glue and lots of fun hands on things to do. There are so many great places to take kids.
COSI in Columbus, OH is another great place to spend a day exploring and learning.
Do you have a special place to take your grand kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 07:49 AM

8,178 posts, read 16,545,172 times
Kali will be 15 mo when she's here the end of December. We plan to take her to the Zoo and a couple parks. Next year we'll take her to the Science Center.
We can't wait till she old enough for Disney!

Old 11-25-2008, 04:46 PM

272 posts, read 877,057 times
When my Grand daughter was 4 we took here to 50s and 60s Rock n Roll dance, she loved it, The group was Joe Nardon and the All Stars, they used to play at all are dances when I was young, back in the 60s, Now they play ony once a year. The band members are now all in there 60s and 70s, and still sound great.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:49 AM

13,570 posts, read 21,713,951 times
We live pretty from all the museums, amusement parks and all those things, but we managed trips about 3 times a year to Camden Park in Huntington when they were very young, then Kings Island or Dollywood when they got bigger..Between times the grands just seemed to enjoy going for walks in the mountains with me and the dogs , picking wildflowers and maybe spying a deer or two..We enjoyed going to the park in town and visiting the little shops, then a stop at DQ on the way home for burgers and icecream..Those are the memories they seem to remember most

Old 11-27-2008, 04:04 PM

I love taking the nature walks with Bailey, she's 2 and eight months. We look under rocks, collect leaves, see animals. She just loves it. I have a bird feeder and we are learning the names of the birds. She's getting pretty good at it. I figure I will start early teaching her the names of the trees and flowers. My mom growing up used to say, "isn't it a shame that people look out and just see green"

Old 12-18-2008, 11:03 AM
LML

7,110 posts, read 8,115,432 times
My oldest grandson Josh was an "Army brat" who lived all over the world. But from the time he was 2 years old he would always come and spend summers with me. In addition to the regular parks, zoo, etc., I would plan a different "theme" for each summer. One summer it might be amusement parks. Another summer it would be museums. There was a summer of going through caves (the ones open to the public and guided), or a summer of historic places, etc. etc. We had many happy times together and I ended up experiencing things that I might otherwise not have experienced. He is a grown young man now but I like to believe that the memories are as precious to him as they are to me.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:06 PM

135 posts, read 469,249 times
Starting as soon as he could walk, my Dad would take my oldest to the library every Saturday (I'd go along too). He's 10 now & they don't go as often, but he still loves to read. Also, driving around going to garage sales was a huge thrill for him, seeing what "goodies" they could find.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:45 PM

Oh I took my kids when they were little to yard sales. Wow you could get a lot for just a little and that was so much fun for them.
I told the little ones after Christmas we should pack up some old toys and give them away so other children could enjoy them. I'm hoping to teach the grandkids to be givers.
Bailey loves to go to story time at the Library and then we pick out some books and DVD's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents