U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 04:36 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,008,387 times

Advertisements

I had the opportunity to take my granddaughter to the doctor for her 4 year old check up. NowI know why her mom asked........She had to have four shots!! Ouch!

Anyway she also had her vision tested. The chart is different than the one used for older children and adults. This had shapes. The nurse had her stand back and pointed to an "O" or circle and said what do you see? My granddaughter hesitated and looked at me with an inquiring look..like "I am not sure what I should do here". The nurse had her come closer and I am thinking OMG she can't see. She again asked "What is this?" My granddaughter said "Orange?" Next to that was a silhouetted hand, then a heart and star, etc.

What I came to realize was she thought the nurse wanted to know what word starts with "O". She saw a glove instead of a hand. This child is very bright and I felt she was "thinking outside of the box". She speaks and understands both English and Portuguese. I am a very proud Grandma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 05:09 PM

13,573 posts, read 21,724,553 times
Yep, I agree your grandbaby is very intelligent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents