Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:50 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,631,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltracker View Post
I apologize as I did not see the posts where your son signed an AOP and the court had granted you the right to see the child. As for the girl, unfortunately, she is still a minor. Having a child does not negate that fact. See the law quoted below for what qualifies an emancipated minor. Good luck and I hope things calm down.

Quoting Montana Code Section 41-1-501. Limited emancipation.

(1) The court may, upon the request of a youth who is 16 years of age or older, the youth's parent, or the department of public health and human services, enter an order granting limited emancipation to the youth.

(2) Limited emancipation may be granted only if the court has found:

(a) that limited emancipation is in the youth's best interests;

(b) that the youth desires limited emancipation;

(c) that there exists no public interest compelling denial of limited emancipation;

(d) that the youth has, or will reasonably obtain, money sufficient to pay for financial obligations incurred as a result of limited emancipation;

(e) that the youth, as shown by prior conduct and preparation, understands and may be expected to responsibly exercise those rights and responsibilities incurred as a result of limited emancipation;

(f) that the youth has graduated or will continue to diligently pursue graduation from high school, unless circumstances clearly compel deferral of education; and

(g) that, if it is considered necessary by the court, the youth will undergo periodic counseling with an appropriate advisor.

(3) An order of limited emancipation must specifically set forth the rights and responsibilities that are being conferred upon the youth. These may include but are not limited to one or more of the following:

(a) the right to live independently of in-house supervision;

(b) the right to live in housing of the youth's choice;

(c) the right to directly receive and expend money to which the youth is entitled and to conduct the youth's own financial affairs;

(d) the right to enter into contractual agreements and incur debts;

(e) the right to obtain access to medical treatment and records upon the youth's own authorization; and

(f) the right to obtain a license to operate equipment or perform a service.

(4) An order of limited emancipation must include a provision requiring that the youth make periodic reports to the court upon terms prescribed by the court.

(5) The court, on its own motion or on the motion of the county attorney or any parties to the dispositional hearing, may modify or revoke the order upon a showing that:

(a) the youth has committed a material violation of the law;

(b) the youth has violated a condition of the limited emancipation order; or

(c) the best interests of the youth are no longer served by limited emancipation.

This pertains to youth/'s "seeking" emancipation. FYI, the girlfriend has graduated early, they both have good jobs, she is taking online college courses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Why should morality be an issue? Well, because we learn from our mistakes, for one thing. For another, it's difficult to live a good life without any moral compass. "Do unto others," and all that sort of thing.

You stated that this girl was only 16 years old when she got pregnant. A 16-year-old girl is still basically a child. Going through puberty, yes, but still a child, and your son was legally an adult.

What he did was wrong, and he could be prosecuted for it in some states. Perhaps the "other" grandparents are so angry because they perceived that he preyed upon their young daughter sexually.......
You obviously have some severe hangup on the whole "sexual preying" "minor daughter" thing. He did not prey on her, she did however, date his brother before dating him and pulled the "I think I'm pregnant" thing with him too. He dropped her fast after that though. It was just an attention game. Do you find it so hard to believe that there are woman out there that prey on men? Even at the tender age of 13,14 or even 15? You need to fly back to Earth if you believe that all woman are virginal blossoms. Her mother did the same thing. You want morals? I have four kids with the same dad-her mother has three, all with different men. How's that for good morals?

Old 02-12-2010, 07:27 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,118 times
Quote:
You obviously have some severe hangup on the whole "sexual preying" "minor daughter" thing.
Yes, when it comes to a minor girl, I guess I do have a "hangup" if you mean I think that laws regarding the age of consent should be observed. Oh by the way, the law has this same "hang-up."
Quote:
He did not prey on her, she did however, date his brother before dating him and pulled the "I think I'm pregnant" thing with him too.
So? You seem to want to blame the entire thing on this girl - are you saying that she somehow raped your son? Does he not bear any responsibility for his own actions?
Quote:
He dropped her fast after that though. It was just an attention game.
Yes, "game"......games are what children do, and at age 13, 14, etc. one is still a child.
Quote:
Do you find it so hard to believe that there are woman out there that prey on men?
But we aren't discussing "women," we are discussing a young girl below the age of consent.
Quote:
Even at the tender age of 13,14 or even 15?
Of course there are young girls who will THROW themselves at guys, even grown men - does that relieve the men of THEIR reponsibility?
Quote:
You need to fly back to Earth if you believe that all woman are virginal blossoms.
Never said they were.
Quote:
Her mother did the same thing. You want morals? I have four kids with the same dad-her mother has three, all with different men. How's that for good morals?
I'm not discussing your morality, or the girl's mother's morality, I'm discusing the morality of your son, or the lack thereof - obviously a subject you do not want to address.

Yes I am aware that girls, even young girls, are very sexually aggressive. That doesn't relieve the male involved of his responsibility. Some girls aren't taught anything, they aren't taught to be a lady, they aren't taught morals and values - that's why the male involved should recognize what they are dealing with, and take a pass....

Old 02-12-2010, 02:10 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Sundance,

I think you need to get over it. Your posts dwelling in the past aren't helping the OP.

The son is being a responsible man and doing the right thing. He is supporting this child and the mother.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Sundance,

I think you need to get over it. Your posts dwelling in the past aren't helping the OP.

The son is being a responsible man and doing the right thing. He is supporting this child and the mother.
I think you need to quit worrying about my posts, if you don't like what I say, skip over them. Don't read them.

If he is being responsible and taking care of the mother and the child he created, that is good - because he should be taking care of them.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:04 PM

Well he is supporting them, taking care of them and their needs sooooo......GIVE IT A REST SUNDANCE!

Old 02-13-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
Well he is supporting them, taking care of them and their needs sooooo......GIVE IT A REST SUNDANCE!
Why don't you give it a rest? You are extremely confrontational on this thread, which leads me to believe there is much more to this story than you are telling.

You are not in control of this message board. If you don't like what I say, then skip over it.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:45 AM

Actually, I think I've made my points.

I'm fine with no more posts on this thread. Don't call me out, and I won't post here again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents