Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:13 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,772,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
I cannot find where Gramma said she was "embarrassed". I did not get the feeling that Gramma "loves" one more than the other nor do I think that Gramma thought this had anything to do with "coming on to Grampa". There is no "chilliness" to this post, just a Grandmother being concerned with a young ladies behavior, which is perfectly acceptable. If nobody corrects this childs behavior now, she will only think it is acceptable in the future. I think you are reading way too much into the post. Are you a Grandparent? I have to ask because of other replies you have made to other posts....Do you have annimostiy towards Grandparents in general? It seems that you are on the extreme side of being critical towards Grandparents. If you do have bitter feelings, then maybe not replying to the original threads would be the best thing. Simply to avoid an online feud that will lead nowhere.
Sorry but you don't get to choose who can or cannot post or reply to any given thread. You are not in control here. I gather that is a problem for you? If you dislike my posts, feel free to skip over them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 10:19 PM

26,483 posts, read 36,317,502 times
Quote:
I cannot find where Gramma said she was "embarrassed".
The title of the thread says exactly that.

To the OP: I wouldn't worry much about this unless there are other behaviors that are troublesome as well.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:35 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,673,217 times
Must be the OP has never been into a kindergarten or first grade classroom. Little girls sit all sorts of ways on the floor and in their seats. They do not do it for shock purposes, or to display their 'private parts'. They are simply being little girls without a care.

Embarrassing her the next morning makes her feel ashamed. That's not necessary. I've known a lot of little girls who didn't wear panties to bed. She will learn modesty as she grows.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:43 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,625,353 times
If this makes you uncomfortable, there's an easy solution, just buy both girls a pair of pajamas that have a top and pull on pants. Problem solved, no confrontation, no fuss.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:38 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,165,451 times
I agree just buy PJ's. And keep them at your house for them to use when they stay over. That way they are special PJ's!! Find out what each one likes--like Tinkerbell for the younger one, etc. And let them know how much fun you and Grandpa had picking them out special PJ's.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:30 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,600,567 times
Perfectly normal behavior. I would just treat it like she was picking her nose. "hey, sweetie, big girls need to keep their woo-woos covered at our house." 6 years old is just past baby and she probably is used to being naked in front of her parents at home. You guys are family so she I'm sure just assumes the "family" thing extends to you. As far as I'm concerned, "what happens at Nanno's, stays at Nanno's". I only tell my son and DIL the cute and funny things that happened when my 5 year old granddaughter visits.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:42 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,755,318 times
Quote:
I cannot find where Gramma said she was "embarrassed". I did not get the feeling that Gramma "loves" one more than the other nor do I think that Gramma thought this had anything to do with "coming on to Grampa". There is no "chilliness" to this post, just a Grandmother being concerned with a young ladies behavior, which is perfectly acceptable. If nobody corrects this childs behavior now, she will only think it is acceptable in the future. I think you are reading way too much into the post. Are you a Grandparent? I have to ask because of other replies you have made to other posts....Do you have annimostiy towards Grandparents in general? It seems that you are on the extreme side of being critical towards Grandparents. If you do have bitter feelings, then maybe not replying to the original threads would be the best thing. Simply to avoid an online feud that will lead nowhere.
The thread title is "Embarrrassed by granddaughter's behavior* so I assume that is where the gramma said she was embarrassed.

At any rate, I think just telling the child to cover up is fine. My granddaughter doesn't wear underpants to bed either. She is a kid who hates covers of all kinds. Nothing wrong with that in bed, btw.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:06 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,189,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
This is a bit difficult for me to write about. Last night had both granddaughters spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa. They are cousins. One is close to six and the other just turned five. I got them into Pj's...the older was in a nightgown and does not wear panties to bed. They younger went downstairs to get a couple of books for Grandpa to read. We were all in the bedroom together and I was trying to get the blankets adjusted and each settled in there own twin beds.

Grandpa gave me a funny look and I turned to see the older in the nightgown with her legs apart and showing everything. I said"....." put your nightgown down. She said "I am clapping my feet" I didn't want to make a big fuss over this, but I felt it was really disturbing behavior for a girl almost 6. She is an only child.

I cannot say a word to my son or daughter-in-law. I did chat with the child this morning while helping her with her shower. I said there are certain things we do not do and showing off private parts like she did last night is one of those .

I guess what I need to know if this is normal for this age. I could see if she was 3 or four, but almost 6 seems to me to be showing a more modest behavior.
This is very normal behavior for a six year old, and certainly nothing to be distressed about.,.that's why little people need to be left with trusted gardians, they need constant guidence as they are so innocent they can't understand that some of what they do may be deemed inapropriate.

Last edited by purehuman; 01-02-2011 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-17-2011, 05:50 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,513,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
This is very normal behavior for a six year old, and certainly nothing to be distressed about.,.that's why little people need to be left with trusted gardians, they need constant guidence as they are so innocent they can't understand that some of what they do may be deemed inapropriate.

It has been several months since I posted this problem. She seems to have gotten over this "phase". I have determined that she is an attention getter. No matter if it positive or negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents