U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 05:49 AM

7,843 posts, read 11,137,853 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTLgQMqT3Pg

Old 12-22-2010, 06:25 AM

7,644 posts, read 5,636,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I don't find incest disgusting. I have no feelings about it either way.
Neither do I, provided that it's consensual and without the risk of pregnancy.

I think the strong feelings about it that most people seem to have stem from early age programming - essentially the same as religious programming.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:48 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,524,711 times
Because we dont want our kids to look an octopus with 4 legs and arms.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:03 AM

7,843 posts, read 11,137,853 times
People in families already have specific relationships. To add a sexual element really changes those relationships into something else. That tends to change and threaten the whole fabric of the family. The family is the unit that provides for physical security (and continuation of the species). Add in the biological inbreeding thing and it goes against mother nature.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:57 AM

6,591 posts, read 19,765,259 times
in the inbreeding makes mutants part of things, close "inbreeding" will highten chances of genetic disorders. it would take many generations of inbreeding to create those horror movie monsters, but even 1 generation can cause problems.

dog breeders DO occasionally practice whats called "line breeding" this is one specifically to lock in specific traits, a perfect muzzle, a good tail ect...BUT because it also increases the risks of increasing and locking in faults to it is NEVER a practice taken lightly, crazy amounts of health testing are done ect.
it is also NEVER "close' relitives, typically grandam to grandson, or dog to "aunt" ect...
never father/daught mother/son as the lines are too close and it can cause birth defects.

so yes that same risk exists in people too...

that being said, i think alot of the 'problem" people have with incest is its always been 'wrong" like someone else, like religious programming...
personally i couldnt do it...i just couldnt...

But i can also not get upset about, like the case above, 2 people falling inlove only to find out they are related...for some people that doesnt change the fact that they are in love...
i knew of a young couple, siblings seperated at birth (he was 2 she was newborn) grew up on opposite continents and accidentally met eachother as adults.

it wasnt untill they planned to get married that they found out they were siblings...
and they decided to continue forward with their relationship despite it because to them, they never knew eachother as such.
they have a beautiful child (she got pregnant before they knew) who is healthy and normal (and top of her class) and absolutly beautiful...but after they found out and talked to a dr the dr advised that there was an increased risk of genetic disorders should they have children (autism runs in the family aparently) they have decided not to risk it and he had the snip so it wouldnt be a concern.

i just simply cant feel discusted about this, theyve been together 8 years they are madly happy and inlove, they have taken the risk for potential offspring into mind and protected themselves from putting a child into that risk spectrum
they are the picture of a happy suportive couple and in a world filled with hate and divorce i simply cant feel discusted by real love.

i do have a problem with it when it becomes a power issue...ie some of these cult like places where the daughters have no choice but to marry their father/fathers frineds...or are paired up with their half brothers ect without any choice/say in the matter.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:08 AM

6,046 posts, read 9,730,792 times
The only reason people have a problem with incest is because society tells them it's wrong.

I'm not saying I support incest. But if no one ever said incest is wrong, do you think people would have a problem with it?

Old 12-22-2010, 08:48 AM

12,899 posts, read 18,442,586 times
Default Why is incest wrong?

Things are determined to be right/wrong by what the majority in any given culture believes is righ/wrong. Considering that incest taboos are almost universal in cultures around the world (with a few exceptions, of course), this tradion must go back a LONG time, perhaps to the root population of modern humans...

...and it's a tradition I would like to keep. The mere thought of doing my parents, siblings or childen makes me want to shoot myself in the head. I would rather saw my dong off with a rusty hacksaw and eat it with a bottle of broken glass, a plate of fresh dog feces and a cup of warm Miller light.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:19 AM

11,449 posts, read 13,911,504 times
"Why is incest wrong?"

It all depends how hot (and willing) mom is.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:33 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,642,118 times
Just the thought of it makes my stomach turn!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:38 AM

4,236 posts, read 6,186,939 times
Thats why you don't marry a virgin from West Virginia! If she isn't good enough for her family she isn't good enough for you lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates