U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:37 PM

9,163 posts, read 16,510,896 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately incest between father and daughter isn't too unusual, even in the U.S. My late wife had a book in the works at the time of her death about adult survivors of sexual abuse. Lots of sad stories.

My current wife and her sis were both victims of incest by their father from infancy to adolescence. Her mother was also a "victim", as she knew about it but didn't stop it. She finally committed suicide. My wife and her sister have struggled (unsuccessfully) to recover from the abuse all their lives. Luckily their father died before I met him, or I might have been the cause of his death!

Granted, you could argue that some of the harm was done because of society's outlook on incest.

I was taught in school many, many years ago that incest can cause severe disorders in offspring. As a farm kid I learned it too. I'm sure most here were taught the same thing in school. There are laws against marriage between close relatives for the same reason. If there's some recent evidence that disproves what we've all been taught, I'd like to see it.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:56 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,607,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Unfortunately incest between father and daughter isn't too unusual, even in the U.S. My late wife had a book in the works at the time of her death about adult survivors of sexual abuse. Lots of sad stories.

My current wife and her sis were both victims of incest by their father from infancy to adolescence. Her mother was also a "victim", as she knew about it but didn't stop it. She finally committed suicide. My wife and her sister have struggled (unsuccessfully) to recover from the abuse all their lives. Luckily their father died before I met him, or I might have been the cause of his death!

Granted, you could argue that some of the harm was done because of society's outlook on incest.

I was taught in school many, many years ago that incest can cause severe disorders in offspring. As a farm kid I learned it too. I'm sure most here were taught the same thing in school. There are laws against marriage between close relatives for the same reason. If there's some recent evidence that disproves what we've all been taught, I'd like to see it.
I have the utmost sympathy for you......the posters I quote below.....I have a very different opinion about....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvjd View Post
I think that even if society did not say it was wrong, it would have ot take the opposite of, which would be saying it is right and instilled as a social custom and norm, for it to be widespread. I think most people just simply wouldn't do it, and there wouldn't have to be a rationalization of why, it just simply wouldn't happen because people would be personally put off by it.
all I have to say to you, is learn how to post a bit more rationally, you make no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Neither do I, provided that it's consensual and without the risk of pregnancy.

I think the strong feelings about it that most people seem to have stem from early age programming - essentially the same as religious programming.

You, on the other hand, seem to display all the typical characteristics of a classic troll.
You make outrageous posts, then dont ever come back to reply to the rebuttals... no cojones, no glory.
I suspect you have no cojones.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:37 PM

7,644 posts, read 5,636,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You, on the other hand, seem to display all the typical characteristics of a classic troll.
You make outrageous posts, then dont ever come back to reply to the rebuttals... no cojones, no glory.
Much as it would be fun to take you on at your level, there is something called the Terms of Service here that gives me a moment of pause.

Clearly, my ignoring your trolling and now stalking has been ineffective at conveying my lack of interest in you, so to my ignore list you go.

I suspect that you wouldn't recognize a set of cojones if you tripped over them.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:49 PM

1,028 posts, read 2,644,865 times
Quote:
I have the utmost sympathy for you......the posters I quote below.....I have a very different opinion about....

all I have to say to you, is learn how to post a bit more rationally, you make no sense.

Man, and it was you that I was seeking approval from for my posting skills all along...

Old 12-24-2010, 12:57 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,544,948 times
Incest?

Hey, ya know why NOT? If homosexuals can get married serve openly and we have tranny-bisexuals and all that runnin' round doing what-ever to each other in public....why NOT incest. I mean, if the kid's good with it what the heck. The only way to be truly tolerant is to have no limits on anything.

Right?

Old 12-24-2010, 08:27 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Incest?

Hey, ya know why NOT? If homosexuals can get married serve openly and we have tranny-bisexuals and all that runnin' round doing what-ever to each other in public....why NOT incest. I mean, if the kid's good with it what the heck. The only way to be truly tolerant is to have no limits on anything.

Right?
I guess if incest were natural in the animal world you'd have a case for it...

either way I don't care what grown un-related adults do with each other but incest should be out of bounds.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Much as it would be fun to take you on at your level, there is something called the Terms of Service here that gives me a moment of pause.

Clearly, my ignoring your trolling and now stalking has been ineffective at conveying my lack of interest in you, so to my ignore list you go.

I suspect that you wouldn't recognize a set of cojones if you tripped over them.
Lol @ the stalking, check my stats on where I post.....you came into the Mo forum, did you not?
You flatter yourself just a bit much.
Bless your heart, try to have a Merry Christmas.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvjd View Post
Man, and it was you that I was seeking approval from for my posting skills all along...

Old 12-24-2010, 09:03 AM

6,046 posts, read 9,730,792 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OgG5OxVdkY

This thread reminds me of this song

Old 12-24-2010, 09:04 AM

6,046 posts, read 9,730,792 times
Quote:
Lol @ the stalking, check my stats on where I post.....you came into the Mo forum, did you not?
You flatter yourself just a bit much.
Bless your heart, try to have a Merry Christmas.
Don't waste your time, he's not gonna see it. He put you on ignore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates