Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2012, 01:38 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123678 View Post
That really depends. I grew up in a relativity diverse are. So there where whites,blacks, hispansics, and an elderly Asian couple.

I never heard any other group refer to themselves as a racial slur but blacks.

Considering that my neighborhood diverse, everybody knew everybody.

So, once a white dude called a black dude a "******" in a friendly manner, in the same way that blacks call blacks.

He ended up getting jumped.
I once sat on a commuter train and there were 2 black guys talking about their high-drama, highly-charged neighborhood stuff. Every third word was the "n-word." There were some suited-up black people on the train. I wonder what they thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 01:39 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,683,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I never said organization created by white people, I said ALL WHITE (exclusive of other races)

Now that to me is already you being "Racist".
So all "white" is the same is it???
Isn't that how racism & discrimination started???

BY "generalization" (1white is a thief, so all whites must be thieves... like when 1 black is a criminal, so all blacks must be criminals too)????

Is that ALL "INCLUSIVE" of even the new migrant german whites who just moved to the US 1 year ago, the russian white just 3 years ago, or that French white after the 80s black movement in seek of a better life etc.????

Now... let me point out...
These whites now have absolutely nothing to do with Nazi Germany (this German is only 6 years old & know nothing; born into the country does not mean he/she shall serve for crimes they did not do right? Like should you have also to pay for your parent's debt owed or crime committed right "if" fairly applied???), did never commit anything against the black race or even have any ancestors even who enslaves......

"If" these white should automatically PAY for crimes they never commit... then in all fairness, so should the new Asians, so maybe should you too... if the law applies properly & equally.

Then it is only RIGHT that YOU PAY for a stranger's debt.
Very right that YOU should pay for your mom & dad's & even uncle's crimes / debts etc... even if there is nothing to do with YOU.
Definitely...
Very very right & equally so that any mistakes YOU made should & will be passed down to your children & your children's children & milk them continuously for all that is worth!!!!!

That is when it means when ALL white shall pay... even those who never ever did anything to the blacks!!!

So now... how equal & fair is that???

Isn't not to be racially discriminated truly means to have equal rights as the whites????
What happen now when now white is being unfairly targeted & no longer is treated equally as the blacks????

So in 2030, when whites become a minority (so they predict)... will they have equal rights as the blacks???
Get the same "protection" & preferred treatment????

That, I really would like to know.

Like I said... nothing should be only 1 sided IF there is any equality & fairness IN even this discussion itself!!!

Old 09-03-2012, 01:44 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,711 times
hueyats as I said you can choose to create an ALL WHITE GROUP and it is your right .

I prefer not to be associated with any group that advocates for exclusion of races. We are both just exercising our rights

Old 09-03-2012, 02:04 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Quote:
I never said organization created by white people, I said ALL WHITE (exclusive of other races)

Like in the past ie. nazism, or the jim crow laws, white nationalism, white separatism etc. Most all white organizations until very recently were to separate races, segregate all non-whites or expelled them. I am sure that there is some non whites separatism but I guess they did not get all the bad widespread press as lets say the all white organizations.

If you are white and are going to create an all white party, or organization go ahead. But do not expect most people to follow you. I wouldn't. I do not want to be part of an organization that advocates for separatism or that claims one race is superior to the others. If you want to celebrate your WHITE heritage go ahead. I wouldn't be a member of a group like that but you can create it if you want. It is not like it is illegal but IMO that type of language created a lot of hate in the past. But people can do what they want, what they cannot do is expect perceptions to magically change.
All these things you name...nazism, jim crow, white nationalism, speratists, are fringes today. Most always were. Most regular normal people do not associate themselves with extremists. Some groups are all white or all black or all hispanic since its local in a historically alll whatever area. They aren't necessarily racist. They are geographical.

That is why 'all' is the wrong word to use when applying to divisions of people. There is no 'all'. And no, I'm not interested in a white only anything. I pick my friends and associates by interests and they are eclectic and its a great find to discover someone who really fits. I don't care what they are so long as we can communicate. I was taught to deal with human beings, not shades of skin or heritage. I may have some black people I don't like, but it was because the individual was personably disagreeable, one in particular, and others have been friends.

In that, I don't think I'm all that unusual today. The changes in society made in my generation would not have been if the agenda was in place. I will not, however, feel 'guilt' for what someone in another generation may have done.

No, magical change won't come and especially not when 'all' is bandied around as it still is by both extremes. Perceptions will NOT change when the 'all' word is being used to typecast everyone of one skin color as if they all were members of the same club. That is what 'all' implies. Perceptions change with person to person interaction and sharing. Quite honestly if someone assumes I'm some kind of fringy extremist, I'd rather *not* have anything to do with them on that alone since I don't much care for those personally who do that sort of typecasting. It wouldn't matter what genetic inheritance they have.

I am just me, a little different in an eclectic way, and after letting go personal angers of my own will continue to be since that is where you find your own freedom.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:08 PM

when I said ALL I meant "ALL-White" as in: An organization that does not accept member of any other race.

I did not meant ALL as in ALL organizations created by whites.

Just wanted to clarify that.

and what I also meant is as I said if you want to belong to an organization that does not accept people from all races and backgrounds that I am not interested (including whites, blacks, asians and hispanics)

BUt I know 100% an all white organization wont want me, as I am not 100% white.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:24 PM

^^^Still my dear...
You never even answered my question...

Can blacks be racist too???

I am not a tea partier
(very independent right now...TYVM; just don't like big "O"'s policy that is all, I love HC {TRUE American with few generations to back him, he was my guy BTW till be got "maligned". Condoleezza Rice I love as well... too bad she does not run... I respected her from way back when she is THE "American representative" to the world,; how so many countries actually "respected" who she is & all the work she does!!! Love her indeed!!!)...
"if I am", I will not be the ONLY SEAsian joining that group I am sure... so to even say Tea Party is "All white"... to indicate that.... well... that is already "generalizing" hence discriminatory already in practice.

So mayita... even if not 100% white...
Question???

Can a black BE racist????

Asked by a born & bred 1st class citizen from Singapore to be exact... just out of curiosity???

Old 09-03-2012, 02:31 PM

Anyone can be racist. You need to read more american and european history and make your own conclusions.

That said, I do not know a lot of non-white organizations in history either selling whites as currency or segregating whites.

With that said, that wouldn't be correct either

Old 09-03-2012, 02:32 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Quote:
All white people is not racist, I will give you that. But I stand by my position, ALL WHITE ORGANIZATIONS HAVE A BAD RAP. If you want to celebrate your white heritage and exclude other races, that is cool with me (freedom of speech) but I would not be associated with people that believe exclusions of any race is correct. They wouldn't like me either in their groups as I am not racially pure

I have been friends with a person self-identify as white for almost 12 years, and as I said before when he told me what he really believes of people simply based on their color and their heritage I felt sick to my stomach. However there are plenty of white people that are not racist. I do not know if it is the majority, we will see. I hope so.

I also believe that with the election coming, the loonies are getting louder and louder and yes a lot of people see multiculturalism and diversity as a problem in this country and most of them are white.
I'd say any organization which says you must be one color or another is not a good idea. I have no problem with an organization for musicians where you have to be a musician, or an artist, or a book lover, etc, since its a natural way we group around, ie, what we like. But if we hope diminish race then we need to look fairly at both and all sides and say its not cool.

I think your line about cats is perfect. I have black ones, white/black pattern grey tabbies and a tuxie. None of them care about that. There is no corrilation between furr and personality. One black one is nicknamed snot, since she is. One is extremely sweet. The other one is hiding under my chair so I'll protect her. They do clearly line up by who is the more agressive and who will go hide in the corner and who enjoys stealing the dogs food and running away fast. We tend to group over deeper things just like cats.

I have given up watching news and read it online where you don't have to hear people ranting. I record it and watch the weather and fast forward past the rest. The loonie fringe makes good stories. And all the rest is crime and traffic jams and sports (hate sports).

Yes, a lot of people do see multicultural trends as bad, but few do more than occasionally complain. But I think a lot would be surprised at how much they do embrase elements of it without noticing. Younger types tend to be much more open about it and as time goes on, we will blend our beginnings even more.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
when I said ALL I meant "ALL-White" as in: An organization that does not accept member of any other race.

I did not meant ALL as in ALL organizations created by whites.

Just wanted to clarify that.

and what I also meant is as I said if you want to belong to an organization that does not accept people from all races and backgrounds that I am not interested (including whites, blacks, asians and hispanics)

BUt I know 100% an all white organization wont want me, as I am not 100% white.
You dodged my very curious question...
Can you even answer it in all its honesty???

Can a black person be racist themselves????

BTW, I am not of the tea party...
"if" I am...
I will NOT be the first SEAsian to be accepted into the party I am sure... so all white or a white organization in reference to the tea party is again a very "petty" observation... racist even I'd say.

As a SEAsian, I see it as a weakness when a country & its people have to "skirt around" issues (like the racist ones taht is ooh sooo sensitive). I think it sad even that a thing like this is holding a great country back.

See... Reality = the weakness in USA is its economy.
And economy have "NO" RACE nor discriminate the "different" race involved (white, black, asians etc. suffer all the same). No one white business is doing better than an asian business or a black business... they are affected by economy by "the country" as a whole.

To use racism as a voting ticket is playing a ticket that impose that division... don't you see????

When Obama is 1/2 black & 1/2 white really... why is he targeting a specific black audience & the black audience obviously let him & even term him as black??? So the "Black Poll" shows????
CNN should really play this poll again & again....
It shows!!!

People is actually being blindsided & played... seriously.

Can you answer my question now if blacks can be themselves racist???

Quote:
Anyone can be racist. ...
NOT can anyone be racist????
BUT I asked you can blacks themselves be racist... anyone is skirting around that question.

***See what I mean????

P.S. I wrote an essay for a minority class in college about "reverse racism" just because I saw in a mall elevator how a black woman trying to teach & preach to her 2 young boys to remember how whites will always discriminate against blacks when a black girl shoplifter was arrested for shoplifting by 2 white cops in 2 patrol cars.... and there in that class I just learned that everyone is ultimately a migrant (even the red indian or that Alaskan who looked so much like me an Asian) even the whites. And yes... its a white person teaching that class in a very liberal college to me about why slavery is bad, & why everyone (***NOTE EVERYONE, blacks included when ALL applied) should have EQUAL rights.

So why justify the teach of hate when that crime that girl committed has absolutely nothing to do with any white doing anything bad to that mother who preached that hate to her 2 boys????

That to me is just like me teaching my children that all black people are criminals... and "I" don't do that.

Last edited by hueyeats; 09-03-2012 at 02:55 PM..

Old 09-03-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post

I think your line about cats is perfect. I have black ones, white/black pattern grey tabbies and a tuxie. None of them care about that. There is no corrilation between furr and personality. One black one is nicknamed snot, since she is. One is extremely sweet. The other one is hiding under my chair so I'll protect her. They do clearly line up by who is the more agressive and who will go hide in the corner and who enjoys stealing the dogs food and running away fast. We tend to group over deeper things just like cats.
Little kids do not seem to care about race either. That kind of gives you hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates