Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 02:55 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
The woman clearly has issues and deserves to spend time in jail. No living creature should be hung from a tree and set on fire - even if it is a "devil dog". Until punishment gets harsher for people who abuse animals, this kind of thing will continue. It needs to stop.
Imagine if a judge got all biblical on her--which would only be completely appropriate--and ruled that the punishment had to fit the crime. I bet she'd think twice if she believed she herself was going to be hung from a tree and set on fire.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:28 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,100,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
It chewed on a bible....
Why does this kind of stuff seem to happen in the South more than any other place in America?

Police: SC woman kills dog because it chewed Bible - National News - bellinghamherald.com (http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2011/01/24/1832936/police-sc-woman-kills-dog-because.html - broken link)
Hey, some dogs need to be killed.

All pit bulls, for example.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:51 PM

376 posts, read 295,731 times
Quote:
It chewed on a bible....
Why does this kind of stuff seem to happen in the South more than any other place in America?

Police: SC woman kills dog because it chewed Bible - National News - bellinghamherald.com (http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2011/01/24/1832936/police-sc-woman-kills-dog-because.html - broken link)

Why did you post this in Great Debates? Because CD doesn't have a "Condesending Jabs at Other Parts of the Country" Forum?

Old 01-25-2011, 04:20 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient1 View Post
Why did you post this in Great Debates? Because CD doesn't have a "Condesending Jabs at Other Parts of the Country" Forum?
It was in General US at some point, I think, then got moved....why is that so critical to you?

Old 01-25-2011, 04:46 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
Quote:
It chewed on a bible....

killing a dog because the bible is indigestible is a bit of (no pun intended) "overkill" I feel fairly sure the dog would have quit chewing shortly after it started, even by dogs that book is not meant for consumption. That book is bile for most sentient critters. Having read it twice, cover to cover, it has no nutritional value, I suspect it's best usage would be in a very small room in most houses.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:01 PM

17 posts, read 98,378 times
I think it is erroneous (mainly in western culture) to compare Dogs to other domesticated animals. They hold a closer and more important part in our lives. They are our pets not livestock.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:30 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,584,724 times
The fact is, any person who could do such a pre-meditated, gory, and cruel thing to ANY living creature belongs in the loony bin. If this wacko can do this to a dog, she could do it to a human as well if she believes in her sick and twisted mind that said human has been tainted by "demonic powers". Sick, sick, sick. As much as I hate what this woman did, I don't wish burning, death and/or damnation on her...to do so would go against my respect for life in general and my belief that we should have compassion for all living things whether we like them or not...but I certainly do hope she'll be contained in a facility where she'll get the help she needs, because allowing someone this deranged to roam freely is clearly a danger to society.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:47 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,275,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Agreed. People that think that way need some serious couch time with a shrink.
That is way too funny. So the dog killer is one you'd like to have lunch with, right? You know, maybe I shouldn't have said that I hope she burns in Hell as I have no control over that anyway, but I do hope she gets what's coming to her and it amounts to more than just a slap on the wrists. Of course, in this day and age, that is probably what will happen. When this wonderful Christian meets her Maker, He will decide what He will do with her.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Hey, some dogs need to be killed.

All pit bulls, for example.
A pit bull owner wouldn't say that. I really believe it's how a dog is treated as to if he becomes a killer dog or not. I know there are exceptions, but not all pit bulls are bad.
Do you realize how many of Michael Vick's dog were rehabilitated and are now loving creatures? Loving an animal or human can make a big difference. Perhaps the dog killer was raised with crazy parents, maybe she raised crazy children, and the crazy cycle continues.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Imagine if a judge got all biblical on her--which would only be completely appropriate--and ruled that the punishment had to fit the crime. I bet she'd think twice if she believed she herself was going to be hung from a tree and set on fire.
An eye for an eye... I concur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates