U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:22 PM
miu

16,490 posts, read 33,466,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
Sorry honorable men live their life according to their beliefs. How can George Washington be honorable but at the same time was a slave owner himself and then married a woman who contributed another 100 slaves to the plantation when they were married?

People cannot play the game both ways.....either you are against slavery and prove it by not owning any slaves or you are a hypocrit! I think we know which one Washington was!
George Washington lived 200 years ago, and at that time, the civilized world believed that tribal people such as the Africans and the Australian aborigines were lesser humanoid creatures than they were. They saw dark-skinned people who lacked god and a written language as some missing link between man and apes.

And what's truly being a hypocrite is those of you who only blame white Europeans and Americans for the slave trade and overlook the crimes of the African natives that did the capturing and selling of their black brethren.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:50 PM

157 posts, read 109,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
The ENTIRE COUNTRY BENEFITED OFF THE BACKS OF BLACKS. It is a simple concept......this country built it's wealth off of free slave labor.....that wealth benefited everyone but the black people who were lynched, raped and murdered to make America a reality.

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE TO YOU? YOUR NOT BLACK AND YOUR PEOPLE DO NOT LIVE WITH THE SCARS FROM THE PAST. Did you sit on the lap of your great-great grandmother who herself was the child of a slave and see the pain in her eyes as she told you the stories?

When one of your children or a member of your family is brutally raped please make sure you say to them....."WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE TO YOU"! I am sure they will find comfort in that statement.
No one can convince you that if you want something you work for it. Why are you so determined that blacks deserve something for nothing? My grandmother has told me horror stories from her childhood. She lost two babies while she worked the fields and kept right on working. It's up to us to move on and leave the past as the past. You want to live in the past? Maybe you should offer yourself as a slave to some rich landowner.

Explain how the 'entire country' benefitted from slave labor. Go ahead, I'll wait. Explain to me how the entire country benefitted from slave labor. Explain how this country built it's wealth off the backs of slaves.

The ONLY reason you live with scars is because you refuse to allow them to heal. If you let the past stay in the past, you wouldn't have anything else to use as an excuse for not succeeding. You, as a whole need slavery to lean on because if you let it go, you would have to buck up and become whole citizens to contribute equally to society.

What does being brutally raped have to do with this discussion? Nothing.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:10 PM

11,151 posts, read 13,808,256 times
Closed for mod review.

In the meantime, I'd like to remind everyone of the "higher standards" expected in this forum. That means no sniping at each other, no one-liners, and no snarky responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or