U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 AM
 
1,296 posts, read 2,148,381 times
Reputation: 646

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Schools do have these programs.
Not all of them do. I said that ALL of them should.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 03-08-2011, 08:54 AM
 
168 posts, read 292,145 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
Your post isn't 'truth; it's just your own biased opinion. A lot of people that 'choose government money' over a job, are not employable, if they have no skills. If the welfare poor bother you so much, why not advocate for a program, that will give them the skills, to earn a living in society. That's better than ranting about how much you hate the welfare poor, which accomplishes nothing.

If I can change careers 8 times and get job training then most of the population can do it too. If we can give the blind jobs that involve little or no training then the "untrained" have no excuse. they're just not willing to work for what they're qualified to make. I have never had a job that didn't require training. Even if your changing companies in the same field you must receive training. Maybe look at temp employers. i've had several jobs that turned into full time gigs through temp services. Btw, I don't hate the poor, I hate the lazy.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 08:57 AM
 
1,296 posts, read 2,148,381 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Just what crime did Goldman Sachs commit??


Goldman Sachs
Here's a link to an article,that states a list of crimes committed by Goldman Sachs: A Complete List of Goldman Sachs Crimes - The Criminal Lawyer - Commentary on Law and Policy

Now can we please get back to the topic of the thread now, which is when will society value the poor??
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 09:03 AM
 
168 posts, read 292,145 times
Reputation: 181
If your in reference to the hard working people that struggle, but make it happen. I respect and value them. If your talking about the lazy poor, that live on the government and never want anything else. Then no, I have no respect for them at all. Not the smallest amount. I respect my cat more than them, at least she gets rid of bugs and mice.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 AM
 
1,296 posts, read 2,148,381 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccornewell View Post
If I can change careers 8 times and get job training then most of the population can do it too. If we can give the blind jobs that involve little or no training then the "untrained" have no excuse. they're just not willing to work for what they're qualified to make. I have never had a job that didn't require training. Even if your changing companies in the same field you must receive training. Maybe look at temp employers. i've had several jobs that turned into full time gigs through temp services. Btw, I don't hate the poor, I hate the lazy.
But you assume that they're all lazy. I can read between the lines. The poor have to acquire skills, before they can work. Which is why I advocate training programs, to help poor kids, get that first job.

In the 70s, programs existed like CETA and Job Corps, to help young unskilled poor kids, get their first job. We need programs like this again. Especiall in this economy!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 AM
 
1,296 posts, read 2,148,381 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccornewell View Post
If your in reference to the hard working people that struggle, but make it happen. I respect and value them. If your talking about the lazy poor, that live on the government and never want anything else. Then no, I have no respect for them at all. Not the smallest amount. I respect my cat more than them, at least she gets rid of bugs and mice.
And how many of these so-called 'lazy poor', are just unskilled? I think that anyone, regardless of their station in life, must have the right skills, to land a job. So many of the poor, just need help acquiring the skills to work.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Northern Virginia
169 posts, read 325,339 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
Here's a link to an article,that states a list of crimes committed by Goldman Sachs: A Complete List of Goldman Sachs Crimes - The Criminal Lawyer - Commentary on Law and Policy

Now can we please get back to the topic of the thread now, which is when will society value the poor??
Could you explain #2 on this list? I don't quite understand it.

You are quite the comedian. Did you even read this article?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 AM
 
1,296 posts, read 2,148,381 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUdom5 View Post
You are quite the comedian. Did you even read this article?
Yeah. And if you want more evidence about Goldman Sachs, you need to google it your self. I'm not gonna turn this thread, into an expose of white collar criminals. I'm trying to keep the thread on topic!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Northern Virginia
169 posts, read 325,339 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
Yeah. And if you want more evidence about Goldman Sachs, you need to google it your self. I'm not gonna turn this thread, into an expose of white collar criminals. I'm trying to keep the thread on topic!
Haha! I encourage everyone to read the article. It clearly explains each of Goldman Sachs' crimes.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 AM
 
1,296 posts, read 2,148,381 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUdom5 View Post
Haha! I encourage everyone to read the article. It clearly explains each of Goldman Sachs' crimes.
And I encourage you posters to get back on the topic of this thread, and stay there!
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top