U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 06:23 AM

1,870 posts, read 1,882,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
In this I think I have to concur with Agent Smith:

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.
Not trying to ruffle any feathers, but the Native American tribes seemed to be mammals in equilibrium with their natural environment....

Until the European explorers arrived and knocked that sandcastle over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 02:08 PM

11,264 posts, read 9,643,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Not trying to ruffle any feathers, but the Native American tribes seemed to be mammals in equilibrium with their natural environment....

Until the European explorers arrived and knocked that sandcastle over.
Actually, even the Native Americans were just human, like everyone else ...

Dances with myths - truths about American Indians' environmental ethics | Reason | Find Articles at BNET

Sorry, but we are basically rapacious apes at heart all over the world.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:31 PM

726 posts, read 947,360 times
It is getting pretty bad here in America with illegal aliens sneaking in and dropping anchor babies left and right. Unfortunately, I believe the illegals are going to win out in the end at the expense of us Americans. As long as Obummer is in the White House anyway. Maybe the next president will enforce our immigration laws.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:28 PM

1,075 posts, read 631,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
Pookie.....have you done ANY research on what you are saying ?!?!?!?! The entire population of the planet could fit in the state of TEXAS..and your telling me the world's resources are being pushed to its limit ?!?!?

damn....wake up people
I think Pookie is dead on balls accurate.

Why does he need to do any research, League. I don't need research to tell me that people need adequate personal space or trees or a little peace and quiet around them. Neither should you. It should be obvious. People like you won't admit to overpopulation until we're standing shoulder to shoulder with other people with NO room to move a foot in ANY direction.

Even if the entire planet COULD fit into Texas (which I highly doubt, that's mere propoganda coming from fundie/quiverful/breed us all out of a decent life religions and/or the Man), is that what we would really want ??? Do we really NEED to continue to breed like rabbits just because there MAY be room for more (even though most people if honest would admit they DIDNT) people ?

I think the animals who are being slowly pushed out of their natural habitats to make room for yet more humans would have a different opinion if only they could speak.

Quite frankly, I think it would be hilarious if Animals took over (shades of Animal Farm anyone ?). Just flat-out decided that people had finally ****ed up one time to many and enough was enough and started offing us one by one. They would start with the worst offenders of course, the breed till you drop fundies and cultures that live their entire lives by what a very old rich clueless **** says from his throne.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:30 PM

15,952 posts, read 12,143,392 times
Look upon them as a potential food source. When all else fails its

SOYLENT GREEN

Old 05-22-2011, 11:50 PM

1,870 posts, read 1,882,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post

Dances with myths - truths about American Indians' environmental ethics | Reason | Find Articles at BNET

Way to kill the buzz.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:00 AM

1,173 posts, read 858,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post

Hey, this is interesting, thanks! I knew native people like the Olmecs, Aztecs, Maya, Inca, etc...in Middle and South America had a profound impact on their environment.
But up until reading this article, I've always bought into the myth of the environmentalist Native American.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:29 PM

308 posts, read 425,253 times
Folks....the reason things seem bad is because of CORPORATIONS NOT allowing farmers to grow food to sustain their societies, FRACKING and tyrannical dictators put in power by USA (which is the heart of most of the worlds corruption and suffering).

Old 05-24-2011, 05:14 PM

5,105 posts, read 1,401,439 times
World Population Prospects, the 2010 Revision

Did any of you all check out the UN's data on population projections? You can project the populations of just about all regions and countries of the world on that website under various demographic transition scenarios.

Vast areas of Europe and East Asia are just going to depopulate if the constant fertility scenario continues. The United States would as well if not for the large number of immigrants expected to come here.

I am so glad I won't be alive to the end of this century. If Sub-Saharan Africans don't stop reproducing like rabbits the world will be crawling with up to 15 BILLION of them by the centuries end. I wonder how pleasant the world will be then, considering none of those people are capable of building cohesive societies. lol.

I hope to have my 2 children someday. I'm not contributing to any population crises by doing so as most people in my family and friends have even less than that.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:19 PM

5,105 posts, read 1,401,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunJoaquin View Post
"WE" need to wake up???? 7 BILLION people squeezing into the state of Texas? And you BELIEVE that?
Actually, I do recall reading something mentioning that if you fit all 7 billion people into Texas it would only have the population density of about Chicago. Chicago is densely populated for an American city, but compared to other cities in the world it is quite less densely populated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates