Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 02:21 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's ridiculous to suggest that one form of man's inhumanity to his fellow man was somehow better than another example of man's inhumanity to his fellow man. Just stop already.
Isn't it obvious that the OP is just race baiting? I'm surprised that no one else has picked up on this. If you read his other threads and post he's notorious for trying to ruffle a few feathers. Like another poster said earlier if he really wants to compare tragedies why not include the plights that the native americans have faced as well? How they were driven off their lands and nearly wiped out. You know this thread is suspect. Anybody who tries to use tragedy to prove a point and further an agenda is just pathetic in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 05:52 PM

88,565 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Isn't it obvious that the OP is just race baiting? I'm surprised that no one else has picked up on this. If you read his other threads and post he's notorious for trying to ruffle a few feathers. Like another poster said earlier if he really wants to compare tragedies why not include the plights that the native americans have faced as well? How they were driven off their lands and nearly wiped out. You know this thread is suspect. Anybody who tries to use tragedy to prove a point and further an agenda is just pathetic in my opinion.
Yes, I think it's very obvious.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:21 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,292 times
I wish I could give honest opinions based on facts but if I did it wouldn't be politically correct.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:26 PM

286 posts, read 521,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
^ seconded - what it the exact question/point here anyway??
Conservatives love denigrating African Americans...

Old 09-14-2012, 11:51 AM

41 posts, read 60,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
And how did they work 12 hour days it they were kept "barely but alive."
What are you refering to?
The jews people or who?

Old 09-14-2012, 11:56 AM

41 posts, read 60,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I think you're rigth, I have no intention of complying with a racist instigator,

Old 09-15-2012, 04:24 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's ridiculous to suggest that one form of man's inhumanity to his fellow man was somehow better than another example of man's inhumanity to his fellow man. Just stop already.
I don't think that's what most of us mean Mightyqueen801...sure they are both glaring examples of "man's inhumanity to his fellow man"...but the holocaust is now over, yet slavery is still going strong.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:15 AM

88,565 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I don't think that's what most of us mean Mightyqueen801...sure they are both glaring examples of "man's inhumanity to his fellow man"...but the holocaust is now over, yet slavery is still going strong.

So is genocide.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:21 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I do not agree.

There is no greater human atrocity than human slavery. This ranges from one human directly owning another to using daughters as collateral for debt and prearranged marriage.

After all the victims of genocide are dead and beyond suffering. Slaves are alive to feel the agony.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:51 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
The other thing I'd like to point out about the OP is that he doesn't specify which slavery he's referring (even though it's quite obvious). The enslavement of Black people happen here in the U.S. but slavery has been invoked upon different groups of people around the world. And then there's still the abomination of the sex slavery trade that should be put down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates