Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2015, 03:08 AM

163 posts, read 138,782 times

Advertisements

Now just think about it, when it comes to information gathering and not to mention using shady means to get it women are second to none. So say tomorrow every employee from the very top to bottom of the CIA were women, no other male dominated intelligence agency from a foreign country would stand a chance! And I'm not at all bashing women, in fact I am saying we should use women's strengths! Sure there are men good at it but could anything ever beat teams of women getting paid lots of money to come up with ways to gather information, spread propaganda and confuse the enemy? I bet women given full access and control of the CIA would be a lot more brutal and efficient than one dominated by men!

Old 11-07-2015, 06:31 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
Mixing the genders, races, and ages is the best way to approach the vast majority of businesses. That includes intelligence gathering. Women are no more or less brutal as a gender, than men.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:17 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,807,522 times
Seems like men are doing a pretty good job at spreading lies, propaganda, infiltrating places they shouldn't, covering their tracks, being greedy, ruthless and in evil in positions of power. It's not a man verses woman thing, it's a moral verses immoral thing.

Old 11-07-2015, 12:08 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,183,995 times
As a one-time macho-macho field, there is still a fair amount of sexism going on in the intelligence communities. Things have gotten quite a bit better over the years, but there is still a good ways to go.

The fact that so many men manage to get caught in their various affairs by the way is not much of a feather in the information-gathering caps of women. The man-in-the-street male just isn't any good at these sorts of games at all.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:09 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Part of the thing of doing intelligence is that one has to realize the very real possibility that for all your hard work at getting to the right answer, those up above, especially outside the agency, may decide to ignore your work or go the opposite direction.

How long would someone work in such a job watching that happen? Why would anyone want to advance to a senior level knowing very well (just look at a lot world history) that could happen?

Old 11-09-2015, 07:05 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,183,995 times
Policy-makers receive advice in all sorts of fields, but they need not follow any of it. It is the role of advisers to advise. All who serve in that capacity are aware of this. The idea is still to provide the best advice possible, as this is apt to lead to the best decisions possible. There is no shortage of people -- men and women -- interested in doing such work, and many of them become so immersed in it that they end up doing it over many decades.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:31 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingMan86 View Post
Now just think about it, when it comes to information gathering and not to mention using shady means to get it women are second to none. So say tomorrow every employee from the very top to bottom of the CIA were women, no other male dominated intelligence agency from a foreign country would stand a chance! And I'm not at all bashing women, in fact I am saying we should use women's strengths! Sure there are men good at it but could anything ever beat teams of women getting paid lots of money to come up with ways to gather information, spread propaganda and confuse the enemy? I bet women given full access and control of the CIA would be a lot more brutal and efficient than one dominated by men!
Although I don't agree with what you've said.....your post makes it glaringly obvious that women SHOULD be the ones running the country....but not for the reasons you state.
And you're right...if that were the case (it should be), no male dominated agency (skip the intelligence part) would have a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates