Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 07:25 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,542,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
If you asked me to help you die, and I did, no-one but you and me would be the wiser....I'm only arguing that I am against "doctors" being given that right..I agree with you when you say "It's my life".
Now we're getting somewhere. Problem is that this would leave you vulnerable to prosecution and losing your freedom, by aiding and abetting. I can't ask that of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
...Annie...I do! Since you're so persistent:
How to kill yourself like a man.
Sorry, but I was never much of a feminism supporter.

Good luck. Could you please transfer your rep points over to me first. Thanks.

not even a little bit humorous, just sick and pathetic. I feel sorry for you.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:38 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,235,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Now we're getting somewhere. Problem is that this would leave you vulnerable to prosecution and losing your freedom, by aiding and abetting. I can't ask that of you.
You missed the part that said "no-one but you and me would be the wiser"..So because you "can't ask that of me", we should give doctors the OK?...what about the people that "literally" can't ask, if they can't ask, then they can't say no either.

Last edited by purehuman; 01-30-2013 at 09:38 AM..

Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 AM

This is why I fear making it legal to kill.......Top doctor's chilling claim: The NHS kills off 130,000 elderly patients every year | Mail Online.

/

Last edited by purehuman; 01-30-2013 at 10:28 AM..

Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM

Warning - Are You Being Targeted For Euthanasia?

Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Hats off to you purehuman, you've made a good argument there. That is very troubling.
Stay away from hospitals, they kill more people than wars.

My argument back at you would be that if they are doing it anyway, then all the more reason to legalize it under parameters. In other words, this is probably not happening in Oregon or Washington, because there are guidelines set by the state.
I blame socialized medicine, where all that matters is money. Money is a factor, but I am driven by compassion for the suffering, and for the family left behind. If we don't allow them a way out, then we are also putting their family into bankruptcy and taking all their worldly goods to extend a life that is without hope.
We also know the elites have an agenda to cull the population. To guard against that, the power or controls must remain in the hands closest to the people, the families, the states, not the Feds, and certainly not international interests. I see this as one of the results of socialized healthcare, where their incentives are socialized. The elderly are viewed as a drain on the whole.
As was pointed out earlier, people that know they have control, actually live longer, because it's up to them when, where and how.

How would you propose to stop this?

Old 01-30-2013, 11:35 AM

Yes, claudhopper, it is very troubling, I too feel for the families, and feel a great compassion for the suffering...but I can not see legalizing it to make it "easier" for some to die, when it could be at the expense of the very lives of those who may still really want to live...I'm not sure what the answer is, maybe what I've said all along...keep it personal....Case One: Poor, Elderly, Disabled Veteran Euthanized Against His Will- Hospice Patients Alliance

http://www.hospicepatients.org/euth-center.html.....scroll down to see other involuntary "euthanasia".
l

Last edited by purehuman; 01-30-2013 at 11:45 AM..

Old 01-30-2013, 12:26 PM

I'm on my way out, I'll look at your last links when I get back. Meanwhile, this is the way Mass. is handling it. Sounds good to me.

Yes on Question 2 - Massachusetts Dignity 2012

I watched a video years ago about a man that travelled to Mexico with his wife, to obtain a drug to end his own life - they have since put in laws that make that impossible today. Another travelled with his wife to another country, to be provided a death with dignity. If they would stop putting in roadblocks for us to take this into our own hands, we wouldn't be in this conundrey.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Yes, claudhopper, it is very troubling, I too feel for the families, and feel a great compassion for the suffering...but I can not see legalizing it to make it "easier" for some to die, when it could be at the expense of the very lives of those who may still really want to live...I'm not sure what the answer is, maybe what I've said all along...keep it personal....Case One: Poor, Elderly, Disabled Veteran Euthanized Against His Will- Hospice Patients Alliance

Euthanasia and Hospice Information Center + articles - How to Stop Involuntary Euthanasia - Hospice Patients Alliance.....scroll down to see other involuntary "euthanasia".
l

I read Case One: That hospice, that doctor, are liable for murder. Murder is against the law and I hope they pay for what they did to that poor man and his family. We are not making the case for legalizing murder.

Looks like your second link addresses the same, involunatary hastening of death.

I am aware of stories about hospices. One friend told me they wanted to withold antibiotics, that is ridiculous.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I'm on my way out, I'll look at your last links when I get back. Meanwhile, this is the way Mass. is handling it. Sounds good to me.

Yes on Question 2 - Massachusetts Dignity 2012

I watched a video years ago about a man that travelled to Mexico with his wife, to obtain a drug to end his own life - they have since put in laws that make that impossible today. Another travelled with his wife to another country, to be provided a death with dignity. If they would stop putting in roadblocks for us to take this into our own hands, we wouldn't be in this conundrey.
It's only a "road block" claudhopper for those who refuse to "take this into our own hands"...about the link....Care options for the terminally ill..it should really read...care options for those diagnosed terminally ill, I have a good friend whose son was in a car accident and suffered severe injury. The hospital said he was terminal, and would likely never wake up...well he DID, and although he's in a wheelchair, and can't speak, he can type on his keyboard, he is VERY intelligent, and still has a great zest for lifeseems the good doctors were wrong...I find it very disconcerting that it says "providing terminally ill patients the option to end ones life in a humane and dignified manner encourages honest conversations between patients and doctors about end-of-life care"...I mean, who wouldn't be honest, especially when their life is on the line, and why would a conversation even be necessary for someone who doesn't want to be euthanized?..I feel that when they say "honest" it really means what the doctor feels is best for you, not necessarily the patient, and what better way for a doctor to assert his beliefs on an already very frail person, who may just give in (even though they would rather live) because they just don't have any fight left in them....I find the whole thing suspect, in light of the fact that many elderly, or ailing have already been euthanized without their even knowing it........I feel strongly that "if you give them an inch they'll take a mile", and it's that mile that scares me. I'm also wondering how this would apply to an elder who has been declared incompetent and is thus unable to make this decision for themselves.....would someone else then be able to speak on their behalf?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates