U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 02:05 AM

198 posts, read 197,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Another dumb post. I hardly ever talk about black women except in this thread. If I felt an release from bashing black women, then I would do it much more often. Logic is still not your strong suit. I talk about it in this topic, because it is about black women.

Yes the truth hurts, but if you are obese you will have a harder time attracting a quality man. When 55% of African american women are obese and 80% are overweight or obese, then of course they will have a harder time finding a good man.

I am just responding to the topic. You are just mad because I do not blame racism or say black women do not have a harder time.
Generally, Black men are not grossed out by sight of a bigger woman( some prefer it) and I'm still not buying the Black women are having such a hard time dating thing.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:06 AM

3,060 posts, read 2,555,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
I am really learning so much about myself. Now only if I could meet you in person. Ah, greedy me. Have to take what I can get. None the less, I will work towards trying to become a more mature woman.
You should join calipoppy and grow up.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestJ23 View Post
Generally, Black men are not grossed out by sight of a bigger woman( some prefer it) and I'm still not buying the Black women are having such a hard time dating thing.
I think some black men prefer bigger women, but I still think the majority prefer skinnier women.

Also, it depends on how you define dating and hard time. My evidence they are having a harder time is that 70% of black women are single. I don't believe for a second that all of these women want to be single. Many of these women have a hard time finding a husband that fit their criteria.

The poster below said they should drop their standard, but sometimes is not worth it. If you have the option between being married to an unattractive, boring fat man or having two kids as a single mum with somewhat handsome men. Then many black women will choose the second option. It doesn't matter if the woman is a terrible wife. She still wants someone who can make her happy.

Last edited by Camlon; 01-25-2013 at 02:25 AM..

Old 01-25-2013, 02:15 AM

14,780 posts, read 17,397,072 times
Me personally I dont think black women are worthless i the dating world. Like any women black women are desired. Black women from what I o serve and experience dont have no problem finding a man, to be with, to hold, to sleep with, to have someone fathet their kid or kids, the hard part is walking down the aisle and heading to court to pick up the marriage liscense. Me personally I dont do great with Black women due to lack of swag and wall of lists. Generally black women prefer to be with black men, black women are highly religious and spiritual its part of their African America tradition however American Africans, Afro Latinos and Afro Anglo Caribbean women may differ and more open minded than their African American female counter parts. Sad thing about Black women here is that they have an entitlement list just like their white female counterparts called dont settle for anything less, dont date a man with kids even though she is on child number 2 or dont date a guy below 5 ft 10 inches even thougb she is 5 7 or date a guy with muscles while zhe is still a bbw. These women can find a man but no ring on their finger. I have notice some black women stepping out of their bubble and popping it for good, many are educated with degree or two and are dating or in relationships with men of all colors. Just today here in Manhattan I saw a black woman hand in hand with a East Asian American man, a rare sight to behold. I like Black women and I find black women attractive, but I dont do well with black women, due to entitlement, many in my area are ghetto single moms, great to look at, I would have to spend lots of time to covert them out of the hood mentality. Their is morw to wine than just drinking moscato.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:17 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,515,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Anyone that has seen your picture knows that you are gorgeous, and I doubt you have any trouble dating
Aww thank you bio So sweet of you!!

Old 01-25-2013, 02:19 AM

117 posts, read 150,312 times
i'm black. I chose not to deal with black women when it comes to sex/ relationship beyond friendship. the reason for this is because I prefer dinning with certain colors under the sheets...if you know what I mean. the mixing of colors is something to behold that really drives me...

this post was censored by moderating staff for being overly graphic and stimulating

as for black women in general, along with statistic pointing to them being fatter on average, they have less stable men compared to other races. and like other races in this still gloriously racist world we live in, they usually prefer to date within their own group. as a result, they have more **** to wade through to find a gem. finally, toss in some other statistic one way or another + some negative stereotypes by media/etc and you have your stuff explained. deal with it. statistic don't deal with individuals...your own experience is irrelevant to stats.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:20 AM

11 posts, read 11,553 times
Greetings,
My experience trying to date a black women has been rather not easy. I am not American( niether white, nor black).
However this one posting above stating "I saw a black woman hand in hand with a East Asian American man, a rare sight to behold" interests me a lot.
So that should tell, I am east Asian guy, looking to be with a black women, but I have found that black ladies generally dont date outside their race and particularly I have not found them friendly with men of my race.
Wish it were different. May be someday.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:27 AM

14,780 posts, read 17,397,072 times
Last Black women do prefer Black men, and Black Women due tend to live in a bubble than anyone else, their are not open to other things unless she is educated which gives exposure or if not adventurous. I wish I was darker, it would have been easy for me to land a Black woman.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:31 AM

499 posts, read 614,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the way I see it. I've met quite a few Black women with boyfriends, and husbands. My sister has a boyfriend right now. I will admit that there are a very high number of single Black women. It could be a number of reasons. It could very well be that some people perceive Black women in a way that isn't considered attractive, and alot of this comes from stereotypes. Another thing could be standards. I've listened to a few radio stations that dealt with Black women and dating. One thing to consider is that some women are very selective about the kind of men they are looking for, and that could be for all women.
There is NO DIFFERENCE between rejecting someone for being black, white, dark skinned, light skinned, fat, skinny, tall, short, educated, uneducated, loud, quiet, extroverted, introverted or whatever adjective. This holds true even if the one rejecting is from the same group.

People have a fundamental right to be with (see, get physical with) whomever they find attractive. For everyone, what they find attractive is different.

You can argue there is "racism" at play if someone can't find "any" black women attractive, but then you could argue there is "weightism" if one couldn't find "any" fat woman attractive, or "heightism" at play if one couldn't find "any" short man attractive (enough to date, sleep with or have kids with)

Stereotypes and the media play a role in most socially stigmatized groups, but that is irrelevant on a case by case basis becuase those who find black women attractive will date them and those who prefer other kinds of women will not date black women.

No one should be viewed negatively if they aren't interested in dating a particular race. It's their life.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
There is NO DIFFERENCE between rejecting someone for being black, white, dark skinned, light skinned, fat, skinny, tall, short, educated, uneducated, loud, quiet, extroverted, introverted or whatever adjective. This holds true even if the one rejecting is from the same group.
I think the racist theory is like this.

Most people do find black women attractive, but due to racism they choose to ignore them, or they have been influenced by the media to look down on black people. It's a way to make yourself feel better when you are unable to get dates.

Attractive black women do get dates and with a good personality they will find plenty of people willing to marry them.

The problem is that 55% are obese, 80% are obese or overweight, and many black women have an bad attitude. Also, they tend to mainly date black men who are not very faithful, and may only suit their standard for sex, not for a marriage. Hence, many black women end up as single mothers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or