U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-25-2013, 02:56 AM
 
499 posts, read 614,499 times
Reputation: 549

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I think the racist theory is like this.

Most people do find black women attractive, but due to racism they choose to ignore them, or they have been influenced by the media to look down on black people. It's a way to make yourself feel better when you are unable to get dates.

Attractive black women do get dates and with a good personality they will find plenty of people willing to marry them.

The problem is that 55% are obese, 80% are obese or overweight, and many black women have an bad attitude. Also, they tend to mainly date black men who are not very faithful, and may only suit their standard for sex, not for a marriage. Hence, many black women end up as single mothers.
"Most people do not find fat women attractive, but due to weightism, they choose to ignore them, or they have been influenced by the media to look down and fat shame fat women. It's a way to make yourself feel better when you are unable to get dates"

"Most people do not find short men attractive, but due to heightism, they choose to ignore them, or they have been influenced by the media to look down on short men. It's a way to make yourself feel better when you are unable to get dates"


As I said earlier, if you are in a stigmatized group, you are going to deal with stereotypes. The "racism" is mostly a cop out argument, while there is some truth to it, so are the "isms" affecting all stigmatized groups. The media plays a large part in all of the stigmatizing, but why should we feel sorry for someone who can't get laid or married? If a person is hot, they are hot and they will find dates.

People like what they like. End of story. If you come across someone who doesn't find black women attractive, calling them "racist" or "self-hating" isn't going to change what they're attracted to. Same for shaming those who have weight preferences or height preferences. It is possible to not be attracted to dark skin, or light skin, or fat, or skinny, etc etc etc

 
Old 01-25-2013, 03:16 AM
 
17,164 posts, read 22,182,489 times
Reputation: 31247
some of the best looking woman ive ever seen are black-


She was black as the night
Louie was whiter than white
Danger, danger when you taste brown sugar
Louie fell in love overnight
 
Old 01-25-2013, 03:55 AM
 
5,368 posts, read 5,721,205 times
Reputation: 7158
Because of men other races for some reason generally don't find them as attractive as their Latina and white counterparts.

Last edited by BradPiff; 01-25-2013 at 04:07 AM..
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Some of the most famous, wealthiest and most powerful men in the world have Black wives, fiances or girlfriends...stop projecting your own prejudices onto Black women.

Aside from other Europeans, more European royals are either married to or have had relationships with Black women than any other race of women.
Uh, MY prejudices? Read what many other posters have to say, please.
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:48 AM
 
1,027 posts, read 1,289,660 times
Reputation: 1023
I believe there is a stigma attached to them via others outside their culture. you must admit the beautiful women we speak of don't always help there cause with some antics, than again which race does? They're just held under a specific strength of magnification. Clearly this stems from the crap our great-great grandparents have doused them in. Sure, women of color are far more beautiful- naturally, however less desirable socially.

Thanks grandpa!

Last edited by SPECFRCE; 01-25-2013 at 06:54 AM..
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 AM
 
380 posts, read 522,908 times
Reputation: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I think some black men prefer bigger women, but I still think the majority prefer skinnier women.

Also, it depends on how you define dating and hard time. My evidence they are having a harder time is that 70% of black women are single. I don't believe for a second that all of these women want to be single. Many of these women have a hard time finding a husband that fit their criteria.
People continue to get that stat wrong. 70% of Black women aren't single. Black women have no problem getting dates or having boyfriends. The Stat was that 70% of Black women give birth Out of Wedlock. That is because Black women have the lowest birth rate out of all women. 22 years old for first time mothers. So the majority of first time Black mothers are teenagers. There aren't too many married teenagers in America. So that is what brings up the 70% stat. That does not mean they are single and it does not mean the father or sperm donor isn't in the child's life.
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Some black women perm their hair to make it straight, some white women tan to make their skin darker --purchase lip enhancers to have fuller lips, some Asian women get breast implants to have a fuller bosom, some women get bum implants to have a fuller bottom half. Women of all races in some shape form or fashion desire "a look" if you will that is not often associated with their race. They have and will continue to spend money to have a fuller/rounder bottom, straighter hair, darker skin, sharp pointed nose, etc. for quite some time I'd say if I had to guess.

Why do you ask? Because by and large these are "looks" that a lot of men prefer. Beyonces body and face, Jennifer Lopez's body and face, Jessica Beil Timberlake's body and face.

Three different races, three different looks.
Beyonce ain't all Black, she's got some American Indian and maybe anglo white in her family.
Lopez: there's NO Hispanic "race" and she might be part Black, many Puerto Ricans are.
Timberlake I don't know about, just heard the name.
 
Old 01-25-2013, 06:06 AM
 
Location: NYC
7,371 posts, read 12,321,939 times
Reputation: 10279
It's funny how race threads get shut down on CD, unless of course the topic is black women. But then again, I guess we know exactly where the mods stand on this topic.

The higher obesity rates are a fair factor to point out. Women of all races who are obese are less attractive to people who would otherwise be interested, and have a worse attitude as well (lots of studies show a correlation between obesity and depression, especially in women). Add to this normalized, institutional racism in the US, hypergamy (black women are more educated and more affluent than black men) and a lower overall desire to date interracially, you can see why black women date less.

Last edited by OngletNYC; 01-25-2013 at 06:21 AM..
 
Old 01-25-2013, 06:09 AM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
8,260 posts, read 9,215,263 times
Reputation: 8198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Their net worth is actually 12.5 billion dollars. But I don't see your point, except that hot black women can get successful men. Hot white/Asian/Hispanic women can get successful men too.

You seem to love posting pictures of successful men with black women, but while it may feel emotionally good for you, it does not prove anything.
^^^^^^^ this! Also the number of black women married to non black men is very very small(I wouldn't look to Hollywood as being representative of the average American), the fact is only 30% of black women are married for whatever reason. Ok Cupid did a study and basically black women and east Indian men are the least desirable on dating sites. It said that black women reply the most, but get the least replies.

Last edited by 14Bricks; 01-25-2013 at 06:41 AM..
 
Old 01-25-2013, 06:13 AM
 
Location: Atlanta & NYC
6,621 posts, read 11,179,376 times
Reputation: 6590
Some black chicks are gross, but a lot of them are beautiful. Same goes for any other woman of any other ethnicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top