U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,035,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Consider this though. Mob Wives is a portrayal of Italian-Americans.

And consider this. Iran is basically ethnically uniform. The culture over there is different. Women are expected to get married.
I know that and I don't care.

It was in response to the poster making it seem like only BLACK WOMEN had the market on acting loud and ratchet.

Oh, and as far as NOSES go, we won't talk about WHO has the WORST schnozes.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:32 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,292,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I know that and I don't care.

It was in response to the poster making it seem like only BLACK WOMEN had the market on acting loud and ratchet.

Oh, and as far as NOSES go, we won't talk about WHO has the WORST schnozes.
Come on Mary...you're kinda not helping the stereotype. He was merely stating that that's how SOME people view it. He even admitted that there's some racism in it. Man you're a trip!

Old 01-24-2013, 04:52 PM

17,413 posts, read 18,275,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I've read many threads in P&OC about how Black women have a tougher time dating and getting married than white or Asian women.

Is it the skin color or something else? If darker skin is "bad", the same thing doesn't seem to hurt Asians or Arabs tho Arabs are still "white".

No, I'm NOT trying to be a Troll.

Some of the most famous, wealthiest and most powerful men in the world have Black wives, fiances or girlfriends...stop projecting your own prejudices onto Black women.

Aside from other Europeans, more European royals are either married to or have had relationships with Black women than any other race of women.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:03 PM

This is a (partial) list of powerful men who either currently have or have had Black wives/girlfriends/fiances or had children with Black women

Barack Obama
Vladimir Doronin (Russian billionaire)
Peter Norton (Norton Antivirus and billionaire)
George Lucas (billionaire)
Prince Maximillan of Liechtenstein
Count Ferdinand of Austria
Baron Christian de Massy
Prince Albert of Monaco (has an acknowledged child with long time girlfriend who is African)
Ronald Betts (billionaire)
Robert DeNiro
Seth MacFarlane
Simon Cowell
Jean Yves Cendrey
David Bowie
Michael Fassbender
Brad Pitt
George Clooney
David Guetta
Wolfgang Puck
Luca Orlandi
Roger Ebert
William Cohen (former senator)
Scooter Libby
President Thomas Jefferson
President George Washington
Strom Thurman
Stone Phillips (former NBC news anchor)
Iggy Pop
Carlos Santana
Maximillion Cooper (billionaire)
Wissam Al Mana (billionaire)

and on and on...

Last edited by calipoppy; 01-24-2013 at 05:11 PM..

Old 01-24-2013, 05:27 PM

5,387 posts, read 6,266,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Racism. It really is that simple. Many men hold the stereotype of African-American women as loud, rude and aggressive.
Agreed about the cause cited. Some African-American women I have known, both professionally and personally, have been some of the very kindest, sweetest, and most pleasant and friendly people I have ever known. The stereotype referenced above is clearly false.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 01-24-2013 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: Adds / Edits

Old 01-24-2013, 05:36 PM

125 posts, read 161,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is a (partial) list of powerful men who either currently have or have had Black wives/girlfriends/fiances or had children with Black women

Barack Obama
Vladimir Doronin (Russian billionaire)
Peter Norton (Norton Antivirus and billionaire)
George Lucas (billionaire)
Prince Maximillan of Liechtenstein
Count Ferdinand of Austria
Baron Christian de Massy
Prince Albert of Monaco (has an acknowledged child with long time girlfriend who is African)
Ronald Betts (billionaire)
Robert DeNiro
Seth MacFarlane
Simon Cowell
Jean Yves Cendrey
David Bowie
Michael Fassbender
Brad Pitt
George Clooney
David Guetta
Wolfgang Puck
Luca Orlandi
Roger Ebert
William Cohen (former senator)
Scooter Libby
President Thomas Jefferson
President George Washington
Strom Thurman
Stone Phillips (former NBC news anchor)
Iggy Pop
Carlos Santana
Maximillion Cooper (billionaire)
Wissam Al Mana (billionaire)

and on and on...
I came across this thread by chance. Personally, I don't care who people date, but I have to ask you how did you compile this list and how long did it take you to do it?

Old 01-24-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super karate man View Post
I came across this thread by chance. Personally, I don't care who people date, but I have to ask you how did you compile this list and how long did it take you to do it?
Off the top of my head so I still missed some...

Robin Thicke
Larry Gagosian (world renown art dealer)
Paul Wall
Mats Carlston (billionaire)
Remy Shand
Sidney Lumet
Arne Nćss, Jr (billionaire was married to Diana Ross)
Timothy Fales

and on and on....

Last edited by calipoppy; 01-24-2013 at 05:56 PM..

Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 PM

556 posts, read 808,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I've read many threads in P&OC about how Black women have a tougher time dating and getting married than white or Asian women.

Is it the skin color or something else? If darker skin is "bad", the same thing doesn't seem to hurt Asians or Arabs tho Arabs are still "white".

No, I'm NOT trying to be a Troll.
Very interesting topic, but sistas want a man that has it together, they just ain't settling for no anything, most of them. Darker skin is VERY beautiful, it's different that's what makes it so unique. But I'm sure women in general want the same thing.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM

44,564 posts, read 43,103,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Agreed about the cause cited. Some African-American women I have known, both professionally and personally, have been some of the very kindest, sweetest, and most pleasant and friendly people I have ever known. The stereotype referenced above is clearly false.
I've been around some nice Black women. Quite a few of them have had boyfriends too. The way I look at the stereotype, it exists in some Black for sure. However, it isn't true of all Black women. I've met some very loud and rude Black women. I've also met some very loud and rude White women as well.

I also had to think about something. I'm a Black man, and my sister is a Black woman. Between her and me, she has better luck in dating than me. I'm 26 and she's 22. She has had a boyfriend, and she currently has one now. She also breaks the rule of Black women not being into interracial relationships. All of her boyfriends have been White. Her current boyfriend is White. I've actually had problems with dating(never had a girlfriend).

Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,988,062 times
Because they've developed attitudes of self entitlement...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or