U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 06:13 PM

17,413 posts, read 18,275,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So whats your excuse why are you on CD? You should be married to a wealthy type guy
Trust me, I have dated my fair share of wealthy men.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:14 PM

13,292 posts, read 10,101,303 times
To answer the OPs question, Black women have always been desirable. It is just the majority of them rather have a good blackman which due to many societal ills (homosexuality, incarseration, unemployment, addiction ect) are unable to find their perspective Kings. Those who decide not to wait are finding releationships within other ethnicities with limited probelms.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:18 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,035,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I really wish that someone would explain the phenomenon of non-Black people (some of whom supposedly are not attracted to Black people) spend so much gosh darn time creating threads about and discussing Black people in general...and Black women specifically.
I swear the "others" LIVE for everything we do and say.

If blacks (or black women were to leave the country), the "others" would NOT know what to do with themselves.

I guess the next in line to be dissected would be the native american and the various latino variations of said group.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,988,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Then why does my sister, a Black woman, have a boyfriend right now?
Not all of them,but most I see

Old 01-24-2013, 06:24 PM

13,292 posts, read 10,101,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never saw her consider herself "entitled" to having a boyfriend. Someone considers her beautiful. Someone was saying "because they're self-entitled", and I just had to respond.
It was a joke but beautiful women are always entitled to have a man (or woman) through minimal effort on their part

Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I swear the "others" LIVE for everything we do and say.

If blacks (or black women were to leave the country), the "others" would NOT know what to do with themselves.

I guess the next in line to be dissected would be the native american and the various latino variations of said group.
True.

Its funny because most people don't ponder things/people/ideas in which they have liitle or no interest. However, there seems to be a fixation on all things related to Black women (our hair, our romantic lives, etc) throughout this site.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydigga View Post
Come on Mary...you're kinda not helping the stereotype. He was merely stating that that's how SOME people view it. He even admitted that there's some racism in it. Man you're a trip!
No Tay, the OP and the other one is being insulting on purpose.

How many black women do you know IN PERSON that have the "flat nose" that "many" of us are supposed to have?

I rarely see this type of nose and when I do, it's usually on black MEN that are BOXERS. The Jacksons were an exception too, but it's not "many" like has been told here.

But I can certainly vouch for seeing many big, ugly noses on OTHER GROUPS, but I'm not going to call them out, because we already know who they are.

Also, loud, boisterous and uncouth behavior is ratchet when "some" black women do it, but is hot and fiery when a latina acts the same way. Yeah, okay.

When Mob Wives and trailerpark trash like Honey Boo Boo's family does it, what is it called then? Is it a representation of ALL white women?

Pathetic thread. Don't know why I allowed myself to get caught up in this *ish.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
True.

Its funny because most people don't ponder things/people/ideas in which they have liitle or no interest. However, there seems to be a fixation on all things related to Black women (our hair, our romantic lives, etc) throughout this site.
Throughout the WORLD you mean.

It's ashame, because you can tell who actually HAS black friends (real friends not associates) and who doesn't.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:40 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,289,077 times
The OP may be onto something here, I hear the comments made while others are out of sight. There is an element of racism rather subconscious or not. Truthfully I have always believed women of colored possessed the more natural beauty. I Love a strong woman.

I suppose I have lucked up attending a school with a diversely defined makeup.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Throughout the WORLD you mean.

It's ashame, because you can tell who actually HAS black friends (real friends not associates) and who doesn't.
Nope, the rest of the world does not have a negative fixation on "blackness" or Black women for the most part. This becomes abundantly clear when traveling outside of the US as a Black woman.

I wish that more Black American women would travel outside of the US so that they would get a broader perspective of how we are viewed internationally instead of seeing ourselves through the twisted prism of hatred that is purely American grown. I truly believe that the overall standards of many Black women would be raised instantaneously by traveling abroad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or