U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 PM

44,564 posts, read 43,091,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
To answer the OPs question, Black women have always been desirable. It is just the majority of them rather have a good blackman which due to many societal ills (homosexuality, incarseration, unemployment, addiction ect) are unable to find their perspective Kings. Those who decide not to wait are finding releationships within other ethnicities with limited probelms.
And there is also something else to consider. There are more Black women than Black men in general. Even if every Black man was paired up with a Black women, that would still leave 1/12 of Black women would not get married. And then add some of what many Black women are looking for. Having a high school degree is a prerequisite. Many Black women also want men with college degrees. There are more Black women with college degrees than Black men.

This video explains it better:

Why are sucessful black women unmarried? - YouTube

Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,033,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Nope, the rest of the world does not have a negative fixation on "blackness" or Black women for the most part. This becomes abundantly clear when traveling outside of the US as a Black woman.

I wish that more Black American women would travel outside of the US so that they would get a broader perspective of how we are viewed internationally instead of seeing ourselves through the twisted prism of hatred that is purely American grown. I truly believe that the overall standards of many Black women would be raised instantaneously by traveling abroad.
I believe you and I'm sorry for including europe with the ignorance of racist white america who literally can't STOP thinking about everything we do, say, eat, fashion choices, hair, sexual positions, etc.

You would think they would have enough on THEIR plate with the suburban soccer mom's pill addictions and prostitution houses to pay the mortgage and private schools, while their unemployed husbands serve as their pimps. Let's not forget the trailerpark whites with their meth problems either.

Maybe if they concentrated more on THEIR problems than what WE are doing, then maybe they'll be able to make some break-thrus in THEIR communities.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:14 PM

72,659 posts, read 64,111,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Oh, and as far as NOSES go, we won't talk about WHO has the WORST schnozes.
lol! Having flat noses hasn't barred many Asian women from the marriage market. This is silly.

Some Black women prefer to date Black men, but Black men, one way or another, whether through societal prejudice or their own mistakes, end up in the criminal justice system. And a lot of Black women have their act together, have good jobs and a good education, whereas Black men tend to fall through the cracks in the system. There aren't enough achievers among Black males for all the Black females. Does anyone have any statistics as to how many Black women marry outside the Black community?

Old 01-24-2013, 07:17 PM

5,529 posts, read 8,184,647 times
Quote:
Have you seen the show MOB WIVES?

There are NO BLACK WOMEN on that show, but yet, they ALL seem to share the same exact "traits" you mentioned.

Shahs of Sunset is another one. Loud, boisterous, violent persian women, but yet THEIR men seen to fall all over them. Hmmmm...

None of those women on MOB WIVES are married either, despite the show's name.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
None of those women on MOB WIVES are married either, despite the show's name.
But they WERE at one time and they didn't just develop those loudmouth personalities overnight either.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:24 PM

17,413 posts, read 18,272,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lol! Having flat noses hasn't barred many Asian women from the marriage market. This is silly.

Some Black women prefer to date Black men, but Black men, one way or another, whether through societal prejudice or their own mistakes, end up in the criminal justice system. And a lot of Black women have their act together, have good jobs and a good education, whereas Black men tend to fall through the cracks in the system. There aren't enough achievers among Black males for all the Black females. Does anyone have any statistics as to how many Black women marry outside the Black community?
According to a Pew research study, 9 percent of Black American women are married interracially, the lowest of all other races

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/files...arriage-II.pdf

The lowest divorce rate was also between White men and Black women. The divorce rate is lower than ALL other racial combinations including same race couples.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I really wish that someone would explain the phenomenon of non-Black people (some of whom supposedly are not attracted to Black people) spend so much gosh darn time creating threads about and discussing Black people in general...and Black women specifically.
Yes, it is a strange one. A bit similar to the obsession some people have with judging other people's clothing choices, shoes, hairstyles, etc. Live and let live.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
But they WERE at one time and they didn't just develop those loudmouth personalities overnight either.
Those women on MOB WIVES are anybody's worst nightmare. Maybe there's a reason they didn't stay married. I don't think we should be comparing decent people of any race to those trashy women.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Those women on MOB WIVES are anybody's worst nightmare. Maybe there's a reason they didn't stay married. I don't think we should be comparing decent people of any race to those trashy women.
I agree.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:49 PM

4,522 posts, read 5,051,429 times
Quote:

But I can certainly vouch for seeing many big, ugly noses on OTHER GROUPS, but I'm not going to call them out, because we already know who they are.
I don't know who "they" are. Are you suggesting a particular racial or ethnic group ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or