U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 12:30 AM

3,060 posts, read 2,555,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Oh and by the way, my eyes are assaulted by fat White women in capri pants and Tevas each and everytime I walk into Costco or WalMart so please spare us the "all Black women are fat" nonsense.
Again, you respond with emotions.

55% of African American women are obese, 80% are obese or overweight
32% of white American women are obese 60% are obese or overweight.
10% of Asian American women are obese, 40% are obese or overweight

If you don't like facts, then maybe you should go back to bed.

Asians: http://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/templa...t.aspx?ID=6458
White and blacks: Obesity and African Americans - The Office of Minority Health - OMH

Last edited by Camlon; 01-25-2013 at 12:40 AM..

Old 01-25-2013, 12:34 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,515,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post

Lol, I'm interested in your numbers. I mean--wow.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:35 AM

13,295 posts, read 12,341,071 times
Quote:

source?

Old 01-25-2013, 12:37 AM

1,033 posts, read 3,235,272 times
This is going to make my name look bad but whatever its a forum....Just saying, you dont really see groups of white guys calling out girls halfway down the street saying things like " DAMMMMMM AY yo ma whats good!!?" or "hey mami where you goin!?" practically chasing girls down the street. White guys are usually too drunk or just cocky.

I leave my emotions at the door...but that doesnt mean im not going to be straight up when I talk to someone. The bar or where ever I go on the weekend has no place for emotions. If it leads to something more thats cool but im not expecting it.

The most im expecting is to get laid when Im trying to..obviously and have a good time regardless of the outcome.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Lol, I'm interested in your numbers. I mean--wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
source?
Asians: http://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/templa...t.aspx?ID=6458
White and blacks: Obesity and African Americans - The Office of Minority Health - OMH

And actually if we exclude south Asians such as Indians, then the Asian percentage is even lower.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Asians: Obesity and African Americans - The Office of Minority Health - OMH

And actually if we exclude south Asians such as Indians, then the Asian percentage is even lower.
Nice one source research. I could take this further, but I won't. I will add, if all I needed was one source in college and grad school, I'd have had waaaay more time to rest. Damn those professors.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 AM

17,413 posts, read 18,272,289 times
There is a weird phenomenon of an obsession and bashing of Black women that is truly inexplicable.

Its as if the bashers gain a type of release in being able to degrade with full abandon like a violent video game of sorts. C-D is like a sanitized verson of Grand Theft Auto without the graphics but with all of the same rage and detachment from violence in the form of words.

Interesting...

Old 01-25-2013, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Nice one source research. I could take this further, but I won't. I will add, if all I needed was one source in college and grad school, I'd have had waaaay more time to rest. Damn those professors.
It's actually two sources, it was edited immedietly after I posted.

Also, it is not about the number of sources, but the quality of the sources. These are sources from the US government. US department of Health and Human Service.

You don't think I can use the numbers from the US government, or is this just a knee jerk reaction because you don't like the results?

Old 01-25-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
There is a weird phenomenon of an obsession and bashing of Black women that is truly inexplicable.

It as if the bashers gain a type of release in being able to degrade with full abandon like a violent video game of sorts. C-D is like a sanitized verson of Grand Theft Auto without the graphics but with all of the same rage and detachment from violence in the form of words.

Interesting...
In today's society if you are not talked about or disliked I am convinced that you are not raising the bar or setting it. With that said, I welcome it all. Lol. Flattered but not offended. Tickled, but not offended. Entertained? But not offended.

I am in bed waiting on my sweetheart's flight to land. He has been in Hong Kong far too long. This thread has certainly entertained me as I wait for his arrival.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:
It's actually two sources, it was edited immedietly after I posted.

Also, it is not about the number of sources, but the quality of the sources. These are sources from the US government. US department of Health and Human Service.

You don't think I can use the numbers from the US government, or is this just a knee jerk reaction because you don't like the results?
The US government eh? Is this the same govt that... Oh never mind. This conversation could take all night.

If you believe it, I hold it in high esteem. You like it, I love it. Good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or