Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 01:57 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
I have no desire to "peg" you. You are doing just fine by yourself. Nor is there any frustration on my part. I have no desire to marry whatsoever.

Either you haven't been paying attention to my posts or your reading comprehension is as bad as EnzyteBob's.
I'm only pegging myself as someone of another culture who has married in another culture, who disagreed with your sort of attempt to play the victim/race card. Of course, based on that, you have a desire to peg me but you simply can't.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:06 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzyteBob View Post
There we go again with the meaningless buzzwords. They only work when the guy on the other side of the keyboard is some pasty-faced white ass who was weaned on liberal white guilt. Your buzzwords don't mean anything to an ethnic guy like me.

That said, I have already told you what I bring to the table. Stable family, good job, traditional morals.

What do you bring to the table? Baby mommas? Illegitimacy? Dysfunction? LMAO. Who the hell wants to be a part of that?
Let's see, you said you would shoot your daughter for bringing home a Black man. That is a hateful action. And since we are both Catholics, I will bring up something very important. Jesus said it's a sin to kill someone. Sounds like you are the one with hate in your heart.

And you believe that because I'm Black that I bring all of that bad stuff with me? You don't know me. And until you know me, you have no authority to judge me, so take your fallacies and go back to Stormfront.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
This is going to be a large hurdle for you guys to overcome because of your family situation. Let me tell you how it works in ethnic communities: Families help each other with money - either loans or gifts. That's why you see a lot of Indians in certain businesses ... they pool their money together and go into business. That's how my family got ahead ... we lived rent free with my grandparents for two years, then in an apartment he owned for another three years. My parents were able to save up and build a new house (my dad was in construction - he built it himself). Never had any kind of a mortgage. Likewise when going into business ... some family money that got paid back.

I think that is the main thing that holds you people behind. Your family structure is a mess and so many collect government checks which means they can't have anything. You also don't have the history of doing things in this manner so its another hurdle to overcome.

That said, I am a big fan of real estate right now. It;s a good start for someone with limited capital who isn't afraid to work. A lot of blacks are decent handymen and a lot of these inner city houses are going dirt cheap. A little bit of initiative and some elbow grease and you have a good way to start and build for something bigger without a lot of money.
What exactly do you mean by ethnic communities? Apparently, you fail to realize that Africans/African descendants come from "ethnic" communities. This is absolutely nothing new. When my family came to this country, everyone helped each other out. Lived with each other, purchased each other's homes, helped each others children etc. On top of that, we still send money back home to take care of the elderly in our family. We didn't need government checks like many people in your community, nor do we bother to whine and gripe when other people get them. That's not our concern. We come from a huge family and our family is tight. We accomplished in one generation what it takes people in your community generations upon generations to do. At least with African-Americans, they are only one/two generations out of oppression, yet they are slowly but surely making strides.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:12 PM

211 posts, read 171,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Let's see, you said you would shoot your daughter for bringing home a Black man. That is a hateful action. And since we are both Catholics, I will bring up something very important. Jesus said it's a sin to kill someone. Sounds like you are the one with hate in your heart.

And you believe that because I'm Black that I bring all of that bad stuff with me? You don't know me. And until you know me, you have no authority to judge me, so take your fallacies and go back to Stormfront.
I forgot you were Catholic. You're right. Black Catholics tend to have a more stable family structure, at least from the ones I know around here.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:

And then people like that wonder why they have a hard time witnessing to people in other religions. I have virtually every major religion in my family/circle and none of them carry on in that manner. I do wonder what kind of heaven individuals like him feel they are going to. Regardless of what they claim, their actions do not reflect love for the God of Abraham.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I forgot you were Catholic. You're right. Black Catholics tend to have a more stable family structure, at least from the ones I know around here.
And even many Black Protestant families have stable family structures. The unstable family structures are more common among the poor.

But still, you saying that you would kill your daughter, that sounds very hateful.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
And then people like that wonder why they have a hard time witnessing to people in other religions. I have virtually every major religion in my family/circle and none of them carry on in that manner. I do wonder what kind of heaven individuals like him feel they are going to...
I don't know any Catholics who would carry on like that. I've got Protestants and Catholics in my family. I don't know a single one who would do such extreme things.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I don't know any Catholics who would carry on like that. I've got Protestants and Catholics in my family. I don't know a single one who would do such extreme things.
Same with the Catholics and Protestants in my family. Never heard of any such thing from those who were Hindu (passed on), Rasta, Muslim, Shango practitioners etc. All live by a higher moral code.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Same with the Catholics and Protestants in my family. Never heard of any such thing from those who were Hindu (passed on), Rasta, Muslim etc. All live by a higher moral code.
I have seen Christians outside of my family with very hateful views. I know there is a big difference between what the Christian faith says, and what some people do. I know some people have a cynicism towards Christianity, or to other faiths. However, what I notice is that there is a big disconnect between what the faith teaches, and what alot of people do. I realize, it isn't the faith that causes that person to be a bad person. It is the person themselves not realizing that disconnect.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I have seen Christians outside of my family with very hateful views. I know there is a big difference between what the Christian faith says, and what some people do. I know some people have a cynicism towards Christianity, or to other faiths. However, what I notice is that there is a big disconnect between what the faith teaches, and what alot of people do. I realize, it isn't the faith that causes that person to be a bad person. It is the person themselves not realizing that disconnect.
I completely agree. We all need God and that need is apparent in all of us. But goodness, it's just screams with some individuals while they claim to be part of a particular faith.

Matthew 7 says it best..."Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates