Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 08:52 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,179,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You do know that this chick is biracial, she's only half black.
Yeah. What I've noticed is people tend to always put pictures of lightskin or biracial women when they speak of black women they find attractive.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 AM

632 posts, read 1,027,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Yeah. What I've noticed is people tend to always put pictures of lightskin or biracial women when they speak of black women they find attractive.
This goes back to what I said above about how blacks complain about "levels of blackness". LMAO. So ridiculous.

Here is the beautiful dark skinned Naomi Campbell - naomi campbell - Google Search

Old 01-25-2013, 09:03 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,579,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I also had to think about something. I'm a Black man, and my sister is a Black woman. Between her and me, she has better luck in dating than me. I'm 26 and she's 22. She has had a boyfriend, and she currently has one now. She also breaks the rule of Black women not being into interracial relationships. All of her boyfriends have been White. Her current boyfriend is White. I've actually had problems with dating(never had a girlfriend).
It's not about "luck", your sister is a WOMAN, so it's easier for her to attract the opposite sex, and subsequently have sex.

If you were a woman, you would have already had multiple boyfriends already too. You sister essentially won the lottery by being born a woman, you on the other hand (a man) have to put in work and prove your worth in order to attract a woman.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,179,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
This goes back to what I said above about how blacks complain about "levels of blackness". LMAO. So ridiculous.

Here is the beautiful dark skinned Naomi Campbell - naomi campbell - Google Search

Are you black? Just asking. My point still stands, for the most part when people name black women they find attractive they tend to be lightskin or biracial. The first pic posted in this thread is a perfect example. You see it on this board all the damn time and in the media as well. For every Naomi Campbell, someone will name 10 Alicia keys, Zoe Saldanas,Stacy dashs, Halle berrys etc

And for the record, you don't have to listen to African Americans "complain about levels of blackness"(and no one in here has to my knowledge)it doesn't really concern you anyway

Old 01-25-2013, 09:14 AM

6,459 posts, read 11,997,398 times
Wow, a 17 page thread talking about the "less desirable" black woman. LOL

Like I said before, black women and everything we do, have and say STAYS on the minds of the non-blacks, it's unreal.

Damn shame.

It's funny, because black women do NOT think about non-black women AT ALL. We don't care.

Contrary to what the "internet" says, we really do NOT think about non-black women nor view them as our "competition" with ANYONE.

At least I don't.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,674,403 times
Lightbulb LOL Cali...NOOOOT Just On YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
But some stereotypes have some form of legitimacy. AA women are loud, and they can be unnecessarily rude just for the thrill of making a scene. There are many black men on youtube who talk about this.
Mrs Catfish is enamored of the 'Real Housewives/Atlanta'...whenever she's channel-surfing, and happens to light on the 'Housewives', I ask her, with much love and respect LOL, to PLEASE change the (expletive) channel

When she asks me why I get so 'upset', I ask her this: you met my mom before she died...you were raised by YOUR mom (who lives with us)...did you EVER see them roll their necks, suck their teeth, point their fingers, or act like they have a bullhorn stuck in their throats?

They were/are women of quiet strength and dignity, who KNEW about being strong without having to be demonstrative about it...hopefully I'm not talking out of school here, but too many women of THIS generation think they have act like they're auditioning for Monday Night Raw, and call that 'exhibiting strength'...I don't use the word hate too orten anymore, but I HATE that (expletive) Nene Leakes, and wish she would put a sock in it already

I love my wife because she's no shrinking violet-churchmouse type ('yes dear no dear anything you say dear') but neither is she Nene material...she is a woman of strength and dignity---and the funny thing is, there are literally SCORES of other black women exactly like her out there, but we instead get inundated (here on C-D and in the real world) with a trainload of bulls**t and sterotypes and jaw-jacking about 'why black women can't do this or that', based on a bunch of stereotypes, usesless statistics, and just plain old lip-flapping

Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 AM

632 posts, read 1,027,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Are you black?
Why in the world would that matter?

Still, black women are no way in the world worth "less" in the dating world. They can be just as, or even more beautiful than any other women on the planet. Its just the attitudes that many American black women have that are complete turnoffs to the vast majority of men. No way would I EVER EVER EVER EVER consider even for a moment, dating a woman who acts like those women on Basketball Wives, or Real Housewives of Atlanta. Why? Attitudes are horrible, horrible, horrible, horrrible, and makes them look extremely unattractive.

Sounds like your complaint really isnt about "black women" because people post pics of beautiful beautiful black women and you (and others) still complain. I think you should just say "very dark skinned" (or do you say "skin-did" j/k) women. That is different. Its no different than if white women would say "Toe headed colored" women are woth less. Its about a certain look within that race, not about the race itself. I think that would be more appropriate.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 AM

5,749 posts, read 10,346,355 times
My large high school was about 50% white and 50% black w/lots of interracial dating. I remember quite a few attractive black girls who were worshipped by many guys - black and white alike. They were so beautiful.

There were quite a few black guys w/white girls, but I can only think of one black girl who dated a white guy (although I think many white guys tried to date black girls - in hindsight, my HS was ahead of its time in race relations). She was the homecoming queen and he pursued her for months until she finally agreed to a date. I can still remember him telling me in English class how she was the girl of his dreams...He was obsessed with her.

So maybe the problem is a black male will more likely date outside his race, whereas a black female is less likely to.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,579,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I've read many threads in P&OC about how Black women have a tougher time dating and getting married than white or Asian women.
One more thing, even though black women may have a tougher time dating, or finding a husband, don't be fooled into thinking that these women are home alone on the weekends doing croshay while watching TV.

"Single" black women still have x boyfriends, and so forth, who hang out in the background that are really their sex partners until they find the guy they're looking for.

It does not sound like a big deal, but I think it's much harder to meet another person and form new relationship when you're still sleeping with an X boyfriend all the time.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:24 AM

6,459 posts, read 11,997,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
From my observations:

• For one, black women have a serious problem with obesity. The obesity rates are the highest among AA women and the sad part about it is that black women don't even care which is why you never see black women in the gym or outside working out in a park. Black women rather spend $300 getting their hair done then spend 20 a month on a gym membership.

Too many black women have a hood/ghetto mentality which in the long run is self defeating. No self respecting man wants a Newport smoking, Ciroc drinking, red weave wearing loud mouth as a wife.
Are these the only types of black women you see?

You really need to leave the ghetto. Seriously. Expand your horizons. Pathetic.

Quote:
• When it comes to HIV, black women have the highest rates of the virus.

Black Women Have High Rates of HIV in 6 Cities

HIV Among Black Women 5 Times Higher Than Previously Thought: Study
These "studies" are such bull****.

I can't believe that with the amount of kids HISPANIC WOMEN are having that they are not LEADING in all diseases. It's not like hispanic men insist on using condoms. Trust me, I know. You have to beg those fools to put it on. Their reasons for "not" doing it? Oh, mami, you LOOK CLEAN.

Last edited by marilyn220; 01-25-2013 at 09:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates