Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 04:39 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times

Advertisements

CNBC ran this quote from a very wealthy CEO today. Anyone want to comment. IMHO, the person is right. We live in a country that affords us a very high quality of life compared to the rest of the world, guaranteed income for many, who don't even work, and a pretty good standard of living for those who do work. Govt. pays for many services and offers a level of opportunity unmatched my most countries in the world. So why do folks so often complain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 04:43 PM

45,355 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Because we want more. I don't, necessarily, but many do.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:44 PM

96 posts, read 135,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
CNBC ran this quote from a very wealthy CEO today. Anyone want to comment. IMHO, the person is right. We live in a country that affords us a very high quality of life compared to the rest of the world, guaranteed income for many, who don't even work, and a pretty good standard of living for those who do work. Govt. pays for many services and offers a level of opportunity unmatched my most countries in the world. So why do folks so often complain?

...OK ... Please specify which country you live in please.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:53 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Our country was founded on complaint. Remember?

Old 02-12-2014, 05:29 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,618,642 times
I don't even recognize my own country anymore. I used to think this was the greatest in the world with the best people. But I've been observing time after time how we have become a nation of rude and entitled individuals that do nothing but complain and point the blame at someone else for their own failures in life. The U.S. is a great country. But it's been turned inside out by this administration.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:03 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Americans complained before Obama, lol.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't even recognize my own country anymore. I used to think this was the greatest in the world with the best people. But I've been observing time after time how we have become a nation of rude and entitled individuals that do nothing but complain and point the blame at someone else for their own failures in life. The U.S. is a great country. But it's been turned inside out by this administration.
People say that for every administration.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:37 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post

I saw a commercial, I think it was California.. talking about how it's wrong that illegal immigrants here do not get health insurance from our government.

Yes, we absolutely need to complain. Look at this crap that these "caring" Democrats throw at us. Just when the middle class is already struggling, we now have to foot the bill to pay for housing and healthcare for an illegal immigrant. Really?

Old 02-13-2014, 03:14 PM

96 posts, read 135,939 times
People need to complain more! We have a government that's allowing toxins, GMO's, pesticides, and who knows that else into our lives without telling us. All the while making us sick and then extorting us by forcing everyone to have health insurance and hitting us with a tax penalty if we opt out...I don't trust our government and would advise everyone to take a serious look at moving somewhere with a more responsible government...Or at least one who gives a damn.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:47 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Because we must continue to improve. Yes this is a good country but we can get better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates