U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:15 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,137,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Lol the conspiracy theorists have come out to play I see.

Panic, plan, and stockpile all you like - it isn't going to make a blind bit of difference one way or the other except to make you all look paranoid and kind of foolish.

The guard at LAX was armed, trained, and ready to go...how many years training do we think he had? Proper training not backyard stuff?

All for nothing because the Freedom Nutjobs think their right to own an AK 47 outstrips the publics right to safety.

Crazy.
Just to keep the fact situation straight the TSA officer was not armed. TSA gate people are not armed. The TSA Union suggests that some should be. That would be a vast increase in training and salary cost for those people.

If you got the advantage on an armed officer you can undoubtedly kill him. Pretty much true whether an AR15 or a glock hand gun. You would however find it difficult if you don't move quickly or if there is more than one officer. Armed officers do often have on Kevlar vests which provide some protection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 01:53 PM

11,564 posts, read 17,496,164 times
Quote:

Panic, plan, and stockpile all you like - it isn't going to make a blind bit of difference one way or the other except to make you all look paranoid and kind of foolish.

The guard at LAX was armed, trained, and ready to go...how many years training do we think he had? Proper training not backyard stuff?

All for nothing because the Freedom Nutjobs think their right to own an AK 47 outstrips the publics right to safety.

Crazy.
What is crazy is that you continue to be incorrect. Seriously, EVERY POINT YOU POSTED WAS INCORRECT:

Point one: "The Conspiracy Theorist" without the plural definition, since it was only one post. You can see at least two posts from gun owners that disagreed with his point of view here. The thought that all gun owners hold this extreemest view is in itself an extreemest view.

Point two: The person shot was not armed or trained to defend himself. TSA agents are not armed. They are not law enforcement officers in any sense of the word.

Point three: True AK47s are select fire weapons, which means they are regulated in the US and very difficult to own or obtain without proper federal licenses. AK47s are rarely if ever used in crimes, and no murder has every occured with one in the US. There are semi-auto variants of AK47's, but they are technically not AK47s.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:20 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,902,291 times
Quote:

Crazy.
So, in ghe interest of "public safety" I should turn in my AR 15? As should all of us who own such rifles? Tell me, how does my owning such a weapon endanger anyone, and how would taking it away from me make anyone safer? Neither I , or literally millions of people like me, who own and use these types of rigles, are a threat to anyone. Unless someone is trying go burt us or our loved ones. THEN, we can present a very real threat.

This conspiracy stuff is a VERY small bunch of people, and non firearms owners have conspiracy stuff uts amongst them as well. Obsession with various conspiracy theories is not a unique trait of the shooting community, and is only a VERY small part of that. Truthfully, though these might talk a lot, they are far less dangerous and prone to violence and destruction than the enviro conspiracy wackos.

Owning firearms, even thoze evil black rifles, does not make anyine a violent person by default. Mostly, it is quite the opposite.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:58 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,538,974 times
Quote:
Wow. Not one single opinion.

LAX was a complete setup by the feds in order to get the TSA armed and to get firearms out of the hands of the people.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:24 AM

13,116 posts, read 9,202,467 times
Curious thing - - - way back before government got into the "regulation and restriction" business, American people could buy, build or own CANNONS, DYNAMITE, FIREARMS (Assault weapons, too), SWORDS, KNIVES, BLUDGEONS, SLINGSHOTS, SPEARS, BOWS, etc, etc.

Were people just more civilized in those days?

Old 11-08-2013, 09:32 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,136,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Unless someone is trying go burt us or our loved ones. THEN, we can present a very real threat.
Gun make me strong! Macho! Macho! Macho! Macho! HINT: Gun make you dead. People living in households with a gun are four time more likely to die of a gunshot would than people living in a household without guns. Those are the facts of the matter.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:35 PM

13,116 posts, read 9,202,467 times
It's not "gun control" - it's "people control."
Until those pesky guns are neutered, "they" can't really clamp down.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/32149281-post226.html

Old 12-12-2013, 02:03 AM

690 posts, read 458,545 times
Quote:

There are many societies that no one owns a gun, and those societies do not see massacres and attempted massacres like this one. It's not a coincidence!

All of this is going to keep escalating until someone stands up and calls a halt to the internal Arms Race, before every man woman and child is directly affected by gun violence..
Ok. I would throw in my vote for a total gun ban in the US. Even a repeal of the second ammendment. As long as the gun ban is total, meaning no guns for law enforcement officers and stateside military, total. After all why would police need guns if guns are banned to all citizens? Because criminals follow the law right? (sarcasm added)

You can call me a conspiracy theorist but it is my opinion that at least a couple of these gun massacres may be government sponsored. And yes, the US gov't is that evil.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:39 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,538,974 times
Quote:
Wow. Not one single opinion.

sure thing.

get rid of all federal, state and local gun control laws and make it where the people going into LAX can carry if they so wish to. that way the shooter would not only have to contend with 1 armed guard, he would have to tend with multiple legal firearms owners shooting at him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates