U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-28-2013, 05:42 PM
 
4,897 posts, read 5,032,771 times
Reputation: 3615

Advertisements

I've been noticing several threads on racism and I am tired of it. I wonder how we would discriminate amongst ourselves if all looked the same.

 
Old 11-28-2013, 07:45 PM
 
9,260 posts, read 12,594,050 times
Reputation: 9910
Possessions. Power. Talents. Abilities. Attitudes. You can complete the list. Only naive believe, all people are born equal. Or liers.
 
Old 11-29-2013, 05:10 PM
 
4,897 posts, read 5,032,771 times
Reputation: 3615
I meant the same in all respects.
 
Old 11-29-2013, 06:41 PM
 
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
8 posts, read 9,456 times
Reputation: 21
If everyone were exactly the same.. there would be one gender wouldn't there? One generation. How would we distinguish the good people from the bad? How would we catch criminals?

Sure, it may eliminate bullying (if it's assumed that no one would have health issues or deficiencies or anything). Then everyone would have the same birthday, you wouldn't be unique. Would there even be celebrities? How would you feel if you didn't get a job because you didn't get there first? If everyone had the same talent and the same information... it would just not be good. We don't know, but if we use our brains to imagine, which is the only thing we CAN do, we could say that it is boring. If we asked twins, yes their life isn't boring, but not thousands other people look like them, and they sometimes have difficulties too.. competition between twins.. they look the same so they should be able to do the same things. Stuff like that.
 
Old 11-30-2013, 12:57 PM
 
11,867 posts, read 13,811,196 times
Reputation: 13182
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I meant the same in all respects.
Like a clone?..could be coming in the future, who knows.
 
Old 12-01-2013, 02:01 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, Ga
1,835 posts, read 1,738,029 times
Reputation: 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus88 View Post
If everyone were exactly the same.. there would be one gender wouldn't there? One generation. How would we distinguish the good people from the bad? How would we catch criminals?

Sure, it may eliminate bullying (if it's assumed that no one would have health issues or deficiencies or anything). Then everyone would have the same birthday, you wouldn't be unique. Would there even be celebrities? How would you feel if you didn't get a job because you didn't get there first? If everyone had the same talent and the same information... it would just not be good. We don't know, but if we use our brains to imagine, which is the only thing we CAN do, we could say that it is boring. If we asked twins, yes their life isn't boring, but not thousands other people look like them, and they sometimes have difficulties too.. competition between twins.. they look the same so they should be able to do the same things. Stuff like that.
Moral of the story. You gotta take the good with the bad. Differences make every person unique and there will probably be at least some ignorant people who try and call those differences bad due to race, sex, sex-orientation, money, etc. F**k 'em and 'do you'.
 
Old 12-01-2013, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Utica, NY
1,913 posts, read 2,325,607 times
Reputation: 3175
Maybe not such a bad thing as no one would be judged on appearance.
 
Old 12-01-2013, 01:08 PM
 
1,581 posts, read 982,394 times
Reputation: 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I meant the same in all respects.
then all the people north of a certain line on the map would hate and try to conquer all the people south of that line on that map.
 
Old 12-01-2013, 01:11 PM
 
11,867 posts, read 13,811,196 times
Reputation: 13182
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
Maybe not such a bad thing as no one would be judged on appearance.
That's something we can all do if we want. Some of us already do....Appearance is only one of many things people may choose to judge us by...
 
Old 12-01-2013, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Utica, NY
1,913 posts, read 2,325,607 times
Reputation: 3175
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
That's something we can all do if we want. Some of us already do....Appearance is only one of many things people may choose to judge us by...
Most of us don't though. Reality check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top