Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 12:30 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
Around here they are using Liquid THC in them.
Yes, we have those here too... just discovered (while at the cannabis club recently) that my vape pen is compatible with both! Was tempted to get a "bottle," but they were pretty expensive @ $60.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 12:31 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboatguy View Post
a person can smoke a rolled up horse turd for all I care ,,AS LONG AS I DONT HAVE TO SMELL IT..... When I smell it it then becomes my business because the stink is going into my nose......its the same thing with loud music...Play it as loud as you want ....AS LONG AS I DONT HEAR IT...or...then you will have a problem with ME. smoke an E cigg but the stuff you exhale from it better not get to my nose or then YOU will have a problem...
Wish I could make (and carry out) that threat against perfume/cologne wearers... especially working in a public library, I literally have to excuse myself before having an allergy attack sometimes. But alas, perfume that makes me ill is still socially and legally acceptable. My problem, anyway, not theirs!

Old 12-09-2013, 12:49 AM

28 posts, read 60,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Wish I could make (and carry out) that threat against perfume/cologne wearers... especially working in a public library, I literally have to excuse myself before having an allergy attack sometimes. But alas, perfume that makes me ill is still socially and legally acceptable. My problem, anyway, not theirs!
Why not carry a small spray bottle of "perfume odor neutralizer"and make sure the offending stinkers smell it. ..Reminds me of a true story..I worked at a place where the janitor soaked down in cheap perfume and then went into an executive secretaries office while she was in there. She told him she didnt like the strong smell and he quickly sassed her saying he didnt complain about how she smelled. The next day he was fired. I guess his boss did like the way the woman smelled........she was young and good looking too...lol

Old 12-09-2013, 12:56 AM

728 posts, read 1,899,220 times
Using the excuse "I smoke e cigarettes so I can quit smoking" is like an alcoholic drinking light beer so he can quit drinking. If you want to quit then just quit! Quit fiddle farting around with those silly things and just don't smoke.

FYI I am a former smoker and I decided on the day that I found out I was going to be a father that I was going to quit right then and there. It's all mind over matter. I didn't need to get a patch or an e-cigarette or therapy or anything else. I know it's an addiction but like all addictions it's all mind over matter.

"Do or do not. There is no try"

Old 12-09-2013, 01:04 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,436,809 times
There is no regulation, so you really have no idea what you are putting in your lungs. The nicotine is synthetic - ick. I don't eat/drink synthetic sugar (aspartame, etc,) so why would I want to inhale a synthetic chemical?

In addition to all that, an acquaintance of mine had one - literally - blow up in her face last year and has had to have several plastic surgeries. Yes, she is suing the company,

Old 12-09-2013, 06:37 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboatguy View Post
a person can smoke a rolled up horse turd for all I care ,,AS LONG AS I DONT HAVE TO SMELL IT..... When I smell it it then becomes my business because the stink is going into my nose......its the same thing with loud music...Play it as loud as you want ....AS LONG AS I DONT HEAR IT...or...then you will have a problem with ME. smoke an E cigg but the stuff you exhale from it better not get to my nose or then YOU will have a problem...
What about people who just stink?

Old 12-09-2013, 07:54 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,836,778 times
As of right now, there is no regulation on e-cigs. Who knows what all chemicals along with residual nicotine, users are exhaling into the air as there isn't 100% absorption. Just because the heated vapor fog dissipates rapidly doesn't mean the residual chemicals are gone. I keep seeing people state it is harmless vapor but what scientific evidence and long term studies do they base those claims upon? If you are basing it upon the manufacturer's claims, remember tobacco companies claimed for decades that cigarette smoke was harmless. I don't particularly want to be breathing it regardless of what it contains.

In the future, you will see more and more policies in restaurants, sports venues, theaters, etc. banning their use because many users will disregard common courtesy to others in public settings which will force the issue. This is evidenced by posts in this thread by many stating that they are doing so and they couldn't care less about others around them. I wouldn't be surprised to see cigarette smoking bans modified to include e-cigs in the coming years. It is sad we have to pass laws for things that should simply be common courtesy.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:12 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,031,788 times
I work at two different venues, one which allows e-cigs and another where they are not allowed. The problem with allowing e-cigs inside is that it confuses the staff who are tasked with stopping indoor smoking of tobacco cigarettes (or weed). Besides being difficult to distinguish the different plumes of smoke, regular smokers see it and assume that it's safe to light up inside. The same thing happens when 2nd hand smoke is drawn inside from the smoking patio. People inside smell the smoke and assume that it is coming from those around them and decide that they should smoke, too.

I personally enjoy being able to tell people to put out their cigarettes, and people always appreciate it when you tell someone to put it out, but I would prefer if people would just follow the law and smoke outside. The e-cigs are not making it any easier for those who are tasked to maintain some sort of public-health standard.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:09 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,509,805 times
I think they should be allowed.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:21 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,832,914 times
I'm an occasional user of an e-cig and I kind of like it. It definitely makes long trips more bearable if you're with someone who hates smoking or you're in a place that doesn't allow smoking. And it's a whole lot more appealing than carrying around a tin of Skoal or Copenhagen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates