Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 05:13 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times

Advertisements

im glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife, glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife.....

Stopppppp right there...i gotta know right now.....

Old 02-13-2014, 05:14 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,010,151 times
Only a professional like Dr. Phil could successfully pull this off. For those of you who aren't, don't attempt this at home.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:29 PM

45,344 posts, read 60,522,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Can you cite your source? I don't know the literature completely, but that doesn't sound correct.

BTW, at many colleges and universities, neither party can give "consent" if they are drunk (i.e. according to student codes of conduct). It can get very complicated very quickly.
He may be. The study I saw was addressing date rape and unprotected sex. Separately, not together.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:39 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,960,654 times
Why are people acting like women are the victims? In my bar experience I have seem women get drunk and attack guys. I've experienced it first hand. Women just like men have desires and on occasions they will act on them. Now of course there are limitations but people are adults.

I've seen sober women hit on drunk guys so it goes both ways.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:08 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,759,968 times
There are news storied on a regular basis around the country, about how some guy had sex with a drunk girl, and ended up in prison for rape. Is having sex with a drunk girl, worth going to prison over is the real question. A recent story I read was 8 guys had sex with a drunk girl in a gang bang. All 8 of them went to jail.

You need top ask yourself this question: Is having sex with any drunk girl,worth going to jail when she files charges when she is again sober?

You may find what it is like when Big Bubba decides he want's you for his *****/cell mate.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:11 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,217,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Name one, and provide the relevant statute and/or case law.
Really?!

How about Arizona

ARS 13-401
Format Document

Quote:
5. "Without consent" includes any of the following:

(b) The victim is incapable of consent by reason of mental disorder, mental defect, drugs, alcohol, sleep or any other similar impairment of cognition and such condition is known or should have reasonably been known to the defendant. For purposes of this subdivision, "mental defect" means the victim is unable to comprehend the distinctively sexual nature of the conduct or is incapable of understanding or exercising the right to refuse to engage in the conduct with another.
Quote:
13-1404. Sexual abuse; classification

A. A person commits sexual abuse by intentionally or knowingly engaging in sexual contact with any person who is fifteen or more years of age without consent of that person or with any person who is under fifteen years of age if the sexual contact involves only the female breast.
B. Sexual abuse is a class 5 felony unless the victim is under fifteen years of age in which case sexual abuse is a class 3 felony punishable pursuant to section 13-705.
Format Document

It won't always get you the top of the spectrum and it can be a difficult court case - but it clearly happens and it is clearly against the law in many states

If someone is intoxicated many states rule they can't give consent and it will put you on the spectrum - assault, sexual deviance, sexual abuse, etc

Old 02-13-2014, 07:14 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Why are people acting like women are the victims? In my bar experience I have seem women get drunk and attack guys. I've experienced it first hand. Women just like men have desires and on occasions they will act on them. Now of course there are limitations but people are adults.

I've seen sober women hit on drunk guys so it goes both ways.
Because men rarely report being raped.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:23 PM

836 posts, read 1,661,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Only a professional like Dr. Phil could successfully pull this off. For those of you who aren't, don't attempt this at home.
Ha! Dr Phil would recommend having both lawyers present in the bedroom to go over a written contract and perhaps referee.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:49 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
I know a guy who spent some of his years drinking heavily.

He said that he was drinking in the bar one night and next thing he knows it's morning and he's waking up with the most hideous and humongous woman in his bed. He said he hadn't prayed in years but when he saw what he was sleeping with, he prayed that he was impotent that night --- and then he woke the woman up and told her to get the hell out of his apartment.

Last edited by malamute; 02-13-2014 at 09:06 PM..

Old 02-13-2014, 08:59 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,960,654 times
At some point prostitution just may be a viable alternative. Sure there are instances of abuse be it booze or being pumped but what's the problem with consenting adults. It would seem to keep a few guys out of jail.

So don't approach drinking women and keep copulation contracts next to the bed stand and in your car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates