Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 10:38 AM

1,962 posts, read 2,707,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
If I was Jewish I would want to know why, why, why? I would want to know why they became so hated. There was obviously reasons. Then strive to reverse that.
Most people who hate Jews, simply because they're Jews are generally, uneducated, underachieving, and/or mentally unbalanced.

In response to your prior post, please explain how you arrive to the conclusion that Israel is a Third World Country. Are you thinking of the movie The Ten Commandments?

Old 04-18-2014, 11:00 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
No sensible person would deny that blacks have a history of slavery and persecution. Still, the Jewish community has such a history too...
. The difference is that the black American history of slavery and persecution Happened right here IN AMERICA Ad the Jewish experience happened in Europe and the Middle East. Please, don't get it twisted.

Last edited by dorado0359; 04-18-2014 at 11:24 AM..

Old 04-18-2014, 11:01 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,775,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
"This list is by no means an exact science. But those who we considered Jewish were those who were of Jewish descent or those who openly identified as Jews either personally or in thier giving. There are a number of folks on this list below that we were unsure about, and they are denoted with asterisks.
Some quick stats: We are reasonably certain that 139 of the richest 400 Americans are Jewish, including 20 of the richest 50. Those top 20 control some $211.8 billion in personal wealth."

At least 139 of the Forbes 400 are Jewish | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

I was stunned to read that 139 of the 400 richest people in 2011 were Jewish (35% of the richest). I looked through the list and have no reason to think it is not accurate. And they accomplished this incredible feat even though the Jewish population comprises only 2% of all Americans.

I don't understand their success secrets, but I would think that all other groups could benefit by studying their incredible accomplishments and try to reproduce their success.
I had a friend who worked for Jews for a long time and she gave me the inside secrets to their success. When I heard what she said, it was so brilliantly simple that I can't understand why so few "groups", whether racial, ethnic, religious, or otherwise, do this.

Simply put, Jews are rich because Jews support Jews. When a Jew needs to buy a product, he tries to buy it from another Jew or from a business owned (and preferably operated) by Jews.

The Jewish faith actually requires Jews with ample resources to help out other Jews who are down on their luck when said impoverished Jews ask. Jews are some of the most pious people out there when it comes to adhering to the tenets of their religious faith, and since the Jewish faith is largely legalistic (I believe I was told that they have 618 laws that they have to follow), this serves the purpose of keeping them out of trouble. Let's face it... it's very rare when you hear that Irving Steinberg has been arrested for criminal mischief or that Abraham Feldman was arraigned for drug possession.

Jews marry Jews, generally speaking. Their faith frowns upon marriages to non-Jews, though such marriages are not unheard of. This perpetuates their community and keeps it "pure", so to speak. They achieve this also through the requirement to learn and be able to speak Hebrew - whenever Jews want to communicate with other Jews in a way that "stays amongst themselves", they speak Hebrew. This also serves to cement their community and keep strong the "ties that bind".

And then there is that little "seed money" thing. When a young Jewish man and woman get married, their parents frequently kick in huge sums of money so that they can afford to get started. The logic is that the elder Jews no longer have the energy nor the desire to work a business, but the young Jews possess that energy and desire. So, the older people who would otherwise sit on their money will give it to the younger Jews so that they can start a business and make that money grow. Wealth tends to beget wealth as long as it is handled properly, and Jews, as I've been told, don't generally sit on their money. They'll work during their adult lives and build up their wealth, and then when they're no longer capable of working like that, they'll give their excess to their children while they're still alive and healthy (as opposed to the children inheriting whatever's left over after the parents die). This way, the money stays in the family rather than getting gobbled up by health care costs, estate taxes, etc. In return, the children are expected to take care of the parents, in whatever way necessary (financially, physically, etc), when they are in need of care.

It's been said that the average IQ of Jews is 115. I don't know why it's so high, but I can imagine that it has to do with many generations of training. Jewish life emphasizes education and work in ways few cultures match. I imagine that that tends to become institutionally ingrained into the physiology of the brains of Jews, and if they keep passing on their genes within the Jewish community, those desirable traits will amplify while undesirable traits are weeded out. It's simple "natural selection" at work.

Now contrast this to other cultures. Whereas the tenets of the Jewish faith are generally repeated in other major religions (especially other faiths called "Abrahamic", such as Christianity and Islam), Jews adhere to those tenets far more strongly than do the Christian "majority" in America. Many other religions are not so legalistic, meaning that people feel they have some "slop room" whereby they can do what they want to do to get ahead (even if it means shafting someone else) and they won't face any sort of eternal punishment for having done so. When it comes to money, "we the majority" will buy from anyone. We don't have a clue, most of the time, where our money is going... because we don't take the time to investigate or be certain. Jews, on the other hand, do ensure that their money stays in the community whenever possible. "To whom you give your money, is to whom you give your power." Seed money? How many of us get tens of thousands of dollars from our parents when we get married, so that we can start a business without being in debt? How many of us get our college paid for by our parents, so that we can start our work lives without being in debt? How many of us get our inheritance while our parents are still alive? Nope, most of us have student debt when we graduate. Most of us have to go into debt to start a business. Most of us inherit our parents' leftover wealth ("leftover" meaning whatever the government and the hospitals haven't already taken) only when they die.

The Jews do what the rest of us ought to do. If we model their way of living, we would have their same type of success. Many a time have I listened to someone ranting against Jews and stopped the person in his tracks, saying that all the Jews are doing is what the rest of us ought to be doing... and if people of our (religion, race, ethnicity, culture, etc.) did what the Jews are doing, you wouldn't complain about THAT.

Frankly, I admire those Jews for what they do to keep "their own" strong and to expand their wealth while taking care of those less fortunate from among "their own". We could all learn quite a few things from the Jews.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:35 AM

684 posts, read 868,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
. The difference is that the black American history of slavery and persecution Happened right here IN AMERICA Ad the Jewish experience happened in Europe and the Middle East. Please, don't get it twisted.

No matter where it happened, my point was and remains that education is the key to controlling their own destiny, at least that is my holding. And it would certainly appear that the Jewish community agrees.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:20 PM

1,300 posts, read 959,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
If I was Jewish I would want to know why, why, why? I would want to know why they became so hated. There was obviously reasons. Then strive to reverse that.

Jews are no more hated than any other group.
Their problem lies in the fact that they have always lacked the evangelical talent of their Christian & Muslim brethren and as a result, have remained a small minority everywhere they have been. This has made them easy targets for leaders and clerics looking for scapegoats and outcasts.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:11 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,419,904 times
Wudge, read some history on the Jewish people. It all stems from knowledge (see Old Testament/Torah) and not necessarily to go into most lucrative careers. It just happens that thtat they are related.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
If one were a true human being, he would want to know why? why, why? He would want to know why some people can become so hateful that they can do the atrocities they did in the Holocaust. There were obvious reasons. Then strive to reverse that rather than blame the victim.

I'm curious as to what you think the "obvious reasons" were for the Holocaust?

Old 04-18-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
Wudge, read some history on the Jewish people. It all stems from knowledge (see Old Testament/Torah) and not necessarily to go into most lucrative careers. It just happens that thtat they are related.
I have read a ton since this thread started, and I've gained a lot of insight and knowledge on things I never before thought about or never before researched. But I still have a long way to go, and there are a lot of things related to the Jewish community I'm sure I'll never fully understand before my time is up.

Moreover, in that regard, I'm not sure that I am necessarily different than some who are Jewish from birth; e.g., when one deems themselves to be Jewish, is that based on heritage (genes) or religion? I've witnessed significant differences of opinion on that point alone from those in the community who have responded to this question.

And I'm not sure this generation of Jews in America has the same allegiance or puts the same reliance on what is in the Torah/Old Testament as those who came before them.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:33 PM

4,709 posts, read 5,061,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
Many a time have I listened to someone ranting against Jews and stopped the person in his tracks, saying that all the Jews are doing is what the rest of us ought to be doing.
What? If Jews only buy from Jews who do we buy from? We live in a stable state that works well, so we have no need to discriminate or favour and do not. We have no need to be obsessed with money accumulation, as we are satisfied with an average quality of life. Getting above that usually means you work more and spend less time with your family. Most of us value the time with our families and friends. We are all a part of a working economy - until the odd world crash that is.

Relatives of mine have given their children deposits to buy their homes, not give them it all when they die.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:55 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
The last couple of pages the tone of this thread has become negative and I have had to do far too much deleting and editing to keep it near the standards of the forum. As much as I hate to do it, because it has until recently been an interesting discussion, I am now going to have to close this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates