Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2014, 04:03 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I wonder which ethnic groups make up the 1000 or 5000 wealthiest americans list. Why dont they do something like that? That list would tell an even better story. It is always about the jews, the jews, jews.

Moderator cut: personal attack

The thread is about Jewish people. Not Asians, or WASPs. If you dislike Jewish people so much, why are you a part of this thread?

And "jews" is capitalized, as is any other religion.

When I see a successful group of people, I copy them; rather than deride them.

Most of the things that Jewish families do, can be practiced by others. There is a book about "how to raise children as Asians do".
I have it.

I am neither Asian nor Jewish and my husband is not religious. However their are values that Jewish families have that many Americans would do well to replicate.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 04-17-2014 at 07:27 PM..

Old 04-15-2014, 04:29 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
The main difference between Jews, Asians and Whites, is that Whites are too preoccupied with equality. Whites suffer from self-guilt. Jews & Asians have no issue with sticking with their own.
This is very true. Jews stick their money with Jews and this allows their money to grow and do things like invest in politics and media.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:31 PM

19,029 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I'm sorry to say this, but your posts reek of anti-Semitic. Perhaps that is your point.

The thread is about Jewish people. Not Asians, or WASPs. If you dislike Jewish people so much, why are you a part of this thread?

And "jews" is capitalized, as is any other religion.

Just to get into semantics...
Jewish is - in my mind, and according to dictionary - a person that is of a) Jew dissent and 2) Jewish religion. You can be Maori and be Jewish in that respect.
A Jew is a specific ethnicity, even race, as they have very pronounced phenotype. Likely due to persistent inter marriages. But then again, if you are a Jew and you married a non-Jew, you will be ostracized from their community. Please, do follow with "it is not true" posts, but I speak of what I have seen.

I also wanted to mention something else. Going back to the original post. That refers to Jews that admitted they are Jews or of Jewish dissent. But it is very typical of them to hide it. I am guaranteeing, that out of the rest left, another 75% is Jews that chose NOT to claim the blood. Or, limies that are married to Jew. Like old man Ford said - the ENTIRE world dominant financier IS Jews.

Sheena, btw, why is it that when someone pronounces word "Jew" he is immediately blamed of being a Jew hater?

And btw btw. There is another very keen race that does quite well with money. Armenians. There is practically no Jews left in Armenia. Not because they were ever persecuted or hated there. Simply because Armenians are better traders than Jews.

And now btw btw btw. You know where Noah's arc landed? Mt Ararat. You know where Mt Ararat is? Yes, indeed, one side of it is practically in Armenia. Old, old blood of same origin as Jews.
I was always curious. Say, you have a word from The Man Himself, saying - buddy, flood is coming. Save humanity and animals. OK, cool, so we build a vessel, load some flora and fauna onto it, and your close.
But what will a NORMAL human also take with him? POSSESSIONS. And then you end up being THE RICHEST family in the world with excellent start up capital.
Logic.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:45 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Even when Jews don't go into a white collar profession and choose business instead, it's considered a duty for his wealthier relatives to lend money to start a business. A fairly common birthday present for a Jewish teenager is to get bonds from his rich uncle rather than a jet ski or whatever.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:48 PM

759 posts, read 1,357,226 times
The Jews have been feared, hated, persecuted, enslaved and exiled almost since their very beginnings.
They are a small population, yet they survive and even thrive to this day when their tormentors have crumbled into dust.
The Jewish people have always been insular, by choice and almost by definition.
You don't think that nearly 5,000 years of torment and survival breeds less than strength, either mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually or financially? As in all areas of genetics, only the strongest in all of these traits survive to reproduce.
I've always felt that the great PC line that "In diversity there is strength!" was total BS, and insular groups like our Jewish population seem to prove my point.
This seems like a very silly and obvious question. Give strong, insular and driven people a chance to succeed in a Country like ours, and they will.
And being God's chosen probably doesn't hurt either-sorry, had to throw that in!

Old 04-15-2014, 04:53 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,781,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
This is an interesting (though controversial) statement. I always found it fascinating that Jewish Americans were prominent members of the civil rights movement for American blacks, but in the overall Jewish community, there doesn't appear to be a lot of mixing with blacks.

That's just my perception and it could be completely wrong.
You're wrong. Historically, Blacks ;looking to move out of ghetto slums found that they could only buy a home in a Jewish area, because that was the only area open to them. Anywhere else and they got a welcome of a fiery cross.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:58 PM

684 posts, read 869,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
The same type of success can be seen among Mormons, "first wave" Cuban immigrants, and Nigerian-born Americans as well as other small groups. They say that one of the key factors in successful ethnic/religious minorities in the U.S. is a constant struggle for self-preservation.

So, try joining a legitimately persecuted minority and see how you do financially.
Please explain what you meant when you said: "legitimately" persecuted.

Legitimately?

Old 04-15-2014, 05:03 PM

579 posts, read 762,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
You're wrong. Historically, Blacks ;looking to move out of ghetto slums found that they could only buy a home in a Jewish area, because that was the only area open to them. Anywhere else and they got a welcome of a fiery cross.
Long time ago, this is no longer the case. And still doesn't answer why there aren't many Blacks in the Jewish community. Like there is in Hispanic circles that share neighborhoods.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
In America most kids are brought up to just do good in school and accept being who they are. While I look at Jewish families there are more grooming of their kids and a path set forth by the parents including paying to part of a community that plays heavy influence.

The problem I have with Jews is that if I had known there is a strong representation of Jews in a company top down I rather work somewhere else. I've seen many times that Jews are only hiring Jews or helping their own to the ranks while other ethnics don't get equal opportunity and will get pushed out if they demand promotion. I've worked at company where a new Jewish director was hired and in 6 months he has hired only Jews to help him manage and created extra management layers to further marginalize existing managers that are not Jewish systematically.

This is how I believe many acquired their positions in American companies. It's not about IQs, experience, or money. I've witness my manager with the company for 14 years get marginalized by an incoming Jewish manager because the new higher ups are predominantly Jewish and others that weren't start taking notice and either quits or eventually get let go.
Cronyism and nepotism are ubiquitous around the world,and involve many religions, families, ethnicities, and organizations.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
This is an interesting (though controversial) statement. I always found it fascinating that Jewish Americans were prominent members of the civil rights movement for American blacks, but in the overall Jewish community, there doesn't appear to be a lot of mixing with blacks.

That's just my perception and it could be completely wrong.
Well, blacks deserve full equal rights but their current African American culture is enthusiastically criminal. Personally, I want them to have the right to vote, for example, but I don't want to live in a high crime area (regardless of races involved, since many recent black immigrants have low crime rates).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates