Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 11:26 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,800,406 times

Advertisements

The more we find about we find out the whole truth about this incident, the more it becomes clear it was manufactured radical agit-prop, with willing media accomplices and dupes. Al Sharpton is just the icing on this excremental cake.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:53 AM

597 posts, read 1,443,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
The more we find about we find out the whole truth about this incident, the more it becomes clear it was manufactured radical agit-prop, with willing media accomplices and dupes. Al Sharpton is just the icing on this excremental cake.
I don't think it will make a difference. The news came out and showed the video's of Brown being involved in a robbery right before and even with that new news and the questions at the press conference were about the police restraining themselves, the police respecting the blacks,etc. No mention was ever made about the thugs that were burning buildings, destroying businesses,etc. No one mentioned the cops being shot at or the cop whose ankle was broken from a brick smashing it.....This riot control probably cost the city millions and it wasn't even brought up.

They actually were discussing the crowd's "demands" of the police. WHAT???? How about this demand...how about these people getting a job and paying taxes like the rest of us and maybe they won't have this much time on their hands to act like animals and commit crimes. How about discussing the ghetto mentality that everyone is out to get you and they owe you.

I don't care if you are white, black or purple...teach your kids to respect authority. You cannot rob, steal, attack,etc and think nothing will happen. It does happen! AND if you commit a crime, you deserve for something to happen to you. If these riots keep happening there will come a day when no one will want to be a cop because of this exact thing.

Then who will they point the finger at? Who will they blame?

Old 08-15-2014, 11:54 AM

178 posts, read 361,036 times
Police: Teen shot by cop suspect in recent robbery

here's the link about the above poster's reference.

he was a suspect in a putative robbery and was seen on video footage chocking someone in that store.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:55 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
I'll never understand the mentality that it's okay to riot, attack, maim, murder, create chaos on innocent bystanders or property not related to a specific individual involved in an incident. Or after a sporting event. Unfortunately that thug mentality has always existed and will always exist. Some people are just animals.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:00 PM

777 posts, read 881,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
Well we rarely see large numbers of white people rioting in this country. Almost every event, perhaps every one, is black people. Beyond being black, I suspect that they are also lower income folks. So looting and rioting could be something that is characteristic of blacks or poor people. If it is poor people, then i would guess the dominating reason is due to the opportunity to get money. Its as simple as that. They can get something that will allow them to have some extra money for whatever they want and they act on it. I don't think they even give it much thought.

Lets face it black and white people are different. No matter how much we rant about us all being the same, it simply isnt true. yes there are exceptions, and you can find a trashy white person or a well spoken black gentleman. But by and large blacks talk different, have different cultural values, dress differently, name their kids differently etc. IMO, the sooner we stop trying to portray us as all the same, the sooner we will be united. Whites, including myself, are racist. Not our fathers racism that was violent and disgustingly dehumanizing, but racist none the less. We try and congregate with our own, we make assumptions about blacks, we get scared if a group of black men approaches. All subtle responses to our internal racism. Black people are racist too. They like to be amongst their own, they make general assumptions about the white man and often take advantage of their ability to intimidate.

I don't personally see anything wrong with it as long as we are still allowing all the rights and freedoms that comes with being human and American to both groups. You can be racist and respectful. You don't have to be hurtful. We will never be the same and each side will never see the other as equal.
You really don't understand media propaganda. Moderator cut: off topic Get out from in front of the TV and go outside. I assure you, it is a different place.

LOL!!! Racist and respectful. What an oxymoron.

I have news for you. We are the same. When you are cut, what color is your blood. If it is yellow or purple then, yeah,
you are different. A reptile, perhaps.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-15-2014 at 12:14 PM..

Old 08-15-2014, 12:46 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Again I notice some people posting are using examples of whites reacting in similar fashion.
I never said it doesn't happen in other races.
Going back to the Rodney King incident, I remember seeing a hispanic dude running from an electronics store in East Hollywood, carrying a large television which he just stole from the store.
It was so large, he dropped it in the middle of the street, and kept running from the scene.
Again, what is the mindset of people like this?

During the days and nights that followed the verdict in the case, many homes and businesses were destroyed, and most were in the black community.
If I live to be five hundred years old, I just can't understand the mindset behind these actions.
So what these types are uneducated, and usually poor, does that give them a right to destroy?
The reason I chose to use blacks as the example is because not only is it in the present, but history has shown blacks involved in similar incidents in the past.

Regardless of what some have posted, it seems clear to me (and I would suspect many on the outside looking in) that it is the black culture responsible for what is happening.
I think it safe to say that most blacks living in this country grew up in poverty, thinking the country was not attuned to their needs, and this is probably true.
Some have worked their way out of the situation, while others remain, generation after generation.
So one final question, why do these people feel robbing, looting and destroying will solve their problems ?

If they feel , and are so oppressed, then why don't the blacks that have become more successful, and moved from these neighborhoods lobby authority for change in these areas to help?
I just feel it is a case of "screw everyone else, I'll take what I want.".
I sometimes wonder if it goes all the way back to the issue of slavery.
By their unlawful actions, I feel they may be using this slavery issue as a reason to loot and rob.
That issue has lingered for generations, and I don't believe it will ever go away.

Bob.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:01 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,303,666 times
Points well taken Bob. But it's kind of like "one man's terrorist is another man's patriot". These were the deadliest riots in American history:

New York City draft riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Preceded by similar riots in Detroit and Buffalo, the protagonists were exclusively white in the New York riots. This includes the protestors, looters, and killers. Blacks were not protagonists in these riots, they were the preeminent targets. Many of these whites were relatively recent arrivals to the United States and were, in fact, street gang members.

The New York riots cost the city one-fourth of its treasury. IMHO, the most disturbing aspect of the riots was this account:

Rioters turned against black people as their scapegoats and the primary target of their anger. Many immigrants and the poor viewed free black men as competition for scarce jobs, and worried about more slaves being emancipated and coming to New York for work. The mob beat, tortured and/or killed numerous black people, including one man who was attacked by a crowd of 400 with clubs and paving stones, then lynched, hanged from a tree and set alight.

The Colored Orphan Asylum at 44th Street and Fifth Avenue, which then provided shelter for 233 children, was attacked by a mob at around 16:00. It was a "symbol of white charity to blacks and of black upward mobility." A mob of several thousand, including many women and children, looted the building of its food and supplies. However, the police were able to secure the orphanage for enough time to allow the orphans to escape before the building was burned down.

To be sure, the orphanage was burned down. Those whites who dare employ, shelter, or otherwise aid blacks were also primary targets of the mobs. So yes, whites were involved in the destruction of "their own" property in arguably the most significant swath of real estate in the history of the United States (Manhattan).

So while questioning in a contemporary sense why "blacks" are involved in rioting, please ask why "rioting" is such an American tradition and why this social tumult was pioneered by whites. Does it really have a racial aspect? Remember, what the British looked upon as rioting and looting in a city of uncouth hoodlums are now viewed in our history books as the Boston Massacre and Boston Tea Party as exclusively political exercises. The economic havoc wrought is completely ignored.

So can you identify a riot of the scale of the New York Draft Riots orchestrated by "blacks" prior to 1863? I would argue that it is not "black" culture that has spawned culture but "white culture" that blacks are emulating as a means to get their point across using back channels. See contemporary Tea Party activities: when the democratic process and American law cannot be manipulated to suit your whims, well then protest!

Old 08-15-2014, 02:12 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
LOL!!! Racist and respectful. What an oxymoron.

I have news for you. We are the same. When you are cut, what color is your blood. If it is yellow or purple then, yeah,
you are different. A reptile, perhaps.
It is very closed minded of you to assume that just because you can't do those things others cant as well. We are racist in America and always will be. What will make the difference is the respect we give each other. I honestly feel sorry for you if you can't see that because without some compromise you will never see success.

To equate blood as the sole difference between us is silly. I am not the same as a black man or a chinese man, nor are they the same as me. We have different cultures, values, histories. Some times we have physical differences like eyes or hair. Rather than seeking to see us all the same, I'd much rather celebrate our difference and learn to coexist. I'm sorry you can't do that.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:53 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frydazechild View Post
This young man of 18 was hardly a 4 time felon and this is the 3rd "unintentional murder" of a young black person by police officiers in the last week.
None of this is true. He had 4 felonies on his record, AND had a sealed juvenile record AND we found out today that he's on video robbing a liquor store the night he was killed. The victim is basically Exhibit A of the problems among many young black males.

So this is my point. No one on C-D knows what happened that night. It could be the cop is a killer, or it could be that the killing was totally justified self-defense. Until we know more, why are people protesting and rioting over a murky killing of a felon, when there are thousands of black males gunned down every year, many of them totally innocent bystanders? Isn't that kind of a bigger problem?

It's like your house is burning down, so you call the exterminator to deal with your termite problem. Huh? Black-on-black violence is strangling the black community, but no one cares. People only care if it's an issue with a white cop, and those issues are outnumbered 10,000-to-one to blacks killing blacks.

I'm sorry, but to me, it's hypocrisy. I want justice in this incident, but federal justice, not vigilante justice. If the cop is a murderer, then punish him as severely as possible. But I refuse to believe that "racist cops" are the problem holding back young black males. It's young black males who are exterminating each other.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:24 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

Can any of you explain why blacks feel the need to loot and burn when something tragic happens in their neighborhood?
Do they feel they have some special dispensation from the almighty that allows them to commit these terrible acts of disobedience?
What is the mindset of crowds of blacks when it comes to burning buildings, breaking into shops and stealing what ever they can get their hands on?

This incident in St Louis is not an isolated incident.
Looting and burning of buildings by blacks has happened in the past, and I find myself asking why.
Can any one give me a plausible explanation as to why blacks feel it acceptable behavior.
Thanks,

Bob.
I'm black I have no words for it. I'm guessing generations of a severe lack of education and welfare dependent people with entitlement attitudes contribute to it. I suppose in some of their minds since they don't work and don't have much common sense, looting and rioting their own neighborhoods isn't a thought. It's more of an impulse thinking they are destroying "the man".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates