Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM

76 posts, read 345,464 times

Advertisements

I remember seeing a documentary on the physics on how if a plane would crash into a building it would fall. And it fell just like it did...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 06:23 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,031 times
No, there is a perfectly valid explanation for building 7 going down. It's base was damaged by the tower coming down, fires started burning and it fell down. Buildings do that.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:55 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Let's go straight to the point
Do skyscrappers on fire ever collapse on their own footprint?

Old 10-08-2014, 12:58 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Anything in the air wants to come straight down.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:21 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,250,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Ann View Post
With the rocket fuel burning it was hotter than cremation. The steel melted. It collapsed. No one realized the buildings would come down.

Yes there where about 50,000 people in those towers At Full Capacity which is at 12 NOON. The first plane hit at 8:40 AM, Most People Didn't Even Get To Work Yet!! Nobody got "heads up". There wasn't any foul play. Our government didn't take the warnings as seriously as it should have. We were asleep at the wheel. We will try never to make that mistake again.
Right, we will try to never make that mistake again, nor any other mistake, such as to let ebola into Dallas, and send it home from the ER, to be spread more. I vote that we should keep trying to never make mistakes again, even if we're still trying when the human race becomes extinct.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:20 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,391 times
Moderator cut: Against forum guidelines

There is no way it was an inside job.
If it WAS an inside job, how many people had to be in on it? Hundreds? Thousands? ...and not one of those people cracked and told someone something?
Many of the people who witnessed it suffered some serious PTSD... And those are the people just affected by it... Could you imagine being partially RESPONSIBLE for it?? Yet no one has spoken pure evidence against it... Rriigghhtt.
If I'm going to take someone's word for what really went down, it's not going to be conspiracy theorists... It's going to be the people who live in NY and were in or around the towers themselves at the time.
Videos and images can be manipulated or perceived the wrong way... Firsthand experiences can't.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:58 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
I don't think it was an inside job, but if you want to look at it and study it as a possibility, ask yourself who benefited the most?
1. The US government sure did, not to mention the Pentagon's fear campaign sure was easier.
2. Israel got the US to invade neighbors.
3. Bush and Cheny turned it into a Haliburton windfall, so they sure made a ton of money. Heck they have a ton of money already, but it worked out great for them as far as money goes.

Who else? 9/11 could have brought America together and for a brief time it sure did. We were all standing together against this tragedy until Bush turned it into something it wasn't. The smarter people watched as bush/cheny used America's rage into an invasion into Iraq. Some people that didn't have the capability of understanding what was really going on were gleeful about the invasion as if it was payback for 9/11. Iraq had nothing to do with it, but that didn't matter. Someone had to pay no matter what. Now our country is really divided more than ever. What a sad turn of events during bush. He had us united and ripped us apart pretty darn fast. Not to mention the majority of the world was united until Iraq. What a terrible mistake that was and a shame.

I don't think it was inside though. I think that was a bit of a leap. It turned out great for the Pentagon. They got a TON of money from the taxpayers and other areas of the US are really suffering. Our educational system is sure a mess from the fear machine. We have over a trillion in college debt and the banks control our kids and will for life. We don't invest in our future at all. Germany is investing in their kids. Our future looks pretty bleak and I feel 9/11 had a lot to do with it.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:28 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
How is that going straight to the point? It isn't even relevant, because that's not what happened on 9/11 - no matter how many times conspiracy people repeat it to one another on the internet. The debris field from the two main towers covered an area almost 20 times the area of the two buildings' footprints, damaging approximately 40 other buildings.

This "they collapsed right into their own footprint" thing is utter nonsense. Some of you guys really ought to do a little more research, and look at some sources other than the conspiracy sites.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:48 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,491 times
Default 9/11... How did it really go down?

I will never believe that 911 was an inside job because I do not believe that our government is smart enough to pull it off. However, they could have known something was going down and simply blew the chance to stop it.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:43 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaq View Post
I've never believed 9/11 was an 'inside job'... but lately I've spoken with a few intelligent people, who's opinions I respect, and they truly believe it was. Is there any valid evidence for it being an inside job? Each side has so many arguments, it's hard to even come to a conclusion for myself..

Then why did muslims take responsibility? What would the hijackers get out of it? No motive other than extremism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates