Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 03:01 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,889,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Wow, you sound like one bad-ass woman to avoid. Would hate to take a knee to the groin or a chop across the throat from you. The thing is, no matter how tough you are, or how tough you think you are, there is always someone tougher. For example, if say, a former Spetsnaz guy, now employed by the Russian Mafia as an enforcer, should become very, very angry at you or I, I am going to be dead, and very likely so would you. Size, strength, and speed still count, something that many MA schools fail to mention or downplay. In these areas men still have an advantage over females, often a large one.
A and B.........and C.

A: I don't look for fights, I have a wealth of "early warning sensors", I listen to and obey instincts when it says to FLY. Fighting is probably not only the last resort but probably as well the final resort.

B: Do not underestimate my audacity and willingness to go very unconventional in unarmed combat.

C: What's in a name? Once upon a time, I expressed fear or dread about the prospect of maybe things resulting in fisticuffs with an ex Marine. I was recently out of the Navy and a retired Army Infantry General who was my mentor said, "What? You think the Marines fight harder than the Navy?"

Between him and an Army Sgt. who was once my instructor, a very big thing about it is how much you believe in yourself, believe in what you can do. Do not believe falsely in what the other guy might be able to do just because he has a fine name. Believe in what you can do.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:22 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,212,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Do not underestimate my audacity and willingness to go very unconventional in unarmed combat.
My cousin's daugher in law has advanced training in Krav-Maga, and she once showed me some unconventional moves. I would hate to anger this young lady, she could kill me at will if she chose to do so.

A man that is an expert in Brazilian-Jiu-Jitsu gently demostrated some time ago how easy it was to toss an untrained average man around like a ping pong ball, while breaking bones and dislocating joints at the same time.

However, we are not debating the rare skilled martial artist, but rather the run of the mill fist fight or brawl between two usually young men.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:31 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,889,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
My cousin's daugher in law has advanced training in Krav-Maga, and she once showed me some unconventional moves. I would hate to anger this young lady, she could kill me at will if she chose to do so.

A man that is an expert in Brazilian-Jiu-Jitsu gently demostrated some time ago how easy it was to toss an untrained average man around like a ping pong ball, while breaking bones and dislocating joints at the same time.

However, we are not debating the rare skilled martial artist, but rather the run of the mill fist fight or brawl between two usually young men.
I was taught in ten years of sports judo, visiting US Army Infantry, the Marines, the FBI, US Maritime Service......at least.

Now this is not to show, not to awe readers about my record, but rather to indicate that not everyone is trained the same.

So why should we allow a run of the mill fist fight between two young men when one has been taught boxing and one has been taught to pick up whatever is around to use as a force multiplier?

Old 10-20-2014, 04:37 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,731,333 times
Anyone that thinks getting into fist fights is acceptable for people, has about as low an intelligence as it is possible to get. People that act like a bunch of dogs ready to fight all the time are still evolving into being humans. Fighting is a form of the rule of the jungle. Most of us, have advanced more than that.

Because some people are not fit to live in a decent society and want to fight everyone for anything, the country makes laws, to keep these animals under control. Get into a fight, and you go to jail. Either control yourself, or society has to control you. That is as it should be.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:38 PM

20,115 posts, read 16,106,261 times
This has turned into a chat, which is against Great Debates guidelines. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a forum that is appropriate to move it to with so many posts. Sorry. However, OP if you have another forum in mind to try, let me know and I will ask the moderator of that forum if they think it might work.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates